The Arrival - a ten day event

Hello space Realmers,

We were wondering: this has been such a peculiar year… what are we missing? Yes, you guessed correctly: Aliens! Aliens are arriving (only to the Realm, hopefully) this Thursday for a 10 day event, with plenty of quests and lots of loot to grind. And this event has some peculiar oddities to it that you never seen before in an RotMG event before. You’ll only be able to get the full experience if you play throughout the whole event. As the days will be passing we will be unlocking new rewards in wormholes and rewards that, if combined, will give you the best loot.

Commander Calbrik, the acclaimed leader of his homeworld’s notorious army, is back and he’s trying to take the Realm for himself.

And do you know what’s also back? The Universal Fragments . Here’s how to get them:

• Commander Calbrik will spawn once in every Realm as you cut your way through the Heroes of Oryx.
  • Alien Biff will spawn once in every Realm, once you defeat all the Ghost Kings
  • Defeating Calbrik and Alien Biff will spawn Wormholes

Token drop locations:

• Calbrik aka Alien UFO – Universal Fragment x1
  • Alien Biff – Universal Fragment x1
  • Golden Sphinx (Katalund Boss) – Universal Fragment x2
  • Suesogian (Malogia Boss) – Universal Fragment x2
  • Tarul (Untaris Boss) – Universal Fragment x2
  • Acidus (Forax Boss) – Universal Fragment x2

The Event will run from 11/19 – 12:00 PM UTC until 11/29 – 12:00 PM UTC

Take a look at the quest table at the blog.

And to add to this, there will be x2 XP in all wormholes throughout the whole event!

Enjoy!

And remember… the truth is out there.

Join us on:

Discord

Facebook

Twitter

YouTube

Twitch

Remaster Blog

The Arrival

This event is going to be FIRE. Those pet skins are some of my favorites in the game

[Moved this post and the one by @GammaGamer here from the old thread on the topic. -JimdaFish]

The Arrival

DECA literally the next day:

MotMG 2019 flashbacks, i do like farming these wormholes also rip that sheep and cow.

Way to kill the mood gamma /s but not really

Hey maybe that unfinished ring I kept for an entire year will finally come in useful

It’s just in my opinion that at this point, anything is better than just another alien event. I’m aware of the many people that disagree, but I also think it should be in DECA’s interests as well as to cut back on events and focus more on the actual main production like new dungeons and fun features. I’ll follow whatever route DECA takes, and I’ll farm for the items if I really want them, but that will never mean that I necessarily agree with it.

Droprates:

Bad event. @$%&* fragments still max stack @$%&* 20 @$%&* @$%&* @$%&* stabbing someone, @$%&* DECA… Calbrik never left

stop putting events @$%&* @$%&* you broke @$%&* dame game for @$%&* last 2 days and have vaults eating items

Guess @$%&* just keep hope @$%&* friday

Bruh, I was in that convo too! :angry:

We really not getting any statements on vault bug, the amount of players who lost items and the embarrassing responses they received from support?

Yo Deca, where’s ya fame rework?

Note aside, time to get reskin DBow/TShot.

:flying_saucer::flying_saucer::flying_saucer:

Honestly this sums up my feelings on it lol… I was going to say can we get a break from events and focus on bug fixing please?

players: no, you cant just give us more events, fix bugs and QoL!

deca: grinding goes brrrrrr

Again, players confusing artists/designers with programmers/engineers. Once a good system is setup for running events, it greatly reduces the effort needed to bring in new events using those same systems. Like reskinning items, it doesn’t hinder bug fixing.

+1 to slowing down the events.

I get that but this has been endless grind after endless grind events and boo aliens.

putting events out while the game is in its current state does not look good to your playerbase

Imagine if RotMG was like this

And they actually fixed bugs :cry:

Also I’m pretty sure just “turning off” the last event caused 3 new bugs to appear in game… I don’t know what’s been fixed, I’m assuming nothing yet… Are exaltations working again at least?

It seems to me that fixing bugs promptly when they are introduced is the easiest method, since the developers should have an idea of what may have caused the bug in the code that had been just recently altered. Allowing them to pile up build after build can become a nightmare when the devs decide it’s time to debug. You can’t effectively fix bugs if you keep releasing new builds without addressing the bugs from the last build.

They won’t fix themself by sheer luck.

And yeah as PiiNeS points at, it would be great for them to acknowledge the bugs when we take the effort to report them (if it’s big enough concern for players to report, it is big enough concern to acknowledge the bug and dedicate resources for fixing it)

yes