The Balance of Pets: Reworking Vitality and Wisdom

So, considering if you convert the MP Heal and the HP heal of pets into terms of wisdom/vitality, it goes waaay up into the hundreds. So, how about we set the levels of Vitality and Wisdom a character can have? Aka, make it possible to have infinite vitality/wisdom (or something close to it.)

Pets would no longer have some sort of monopoly over big healing, but to get pet levels without pets, it’d take a ton more potions to do so. So lets see what can we do to make changes:

The concept of 8/8

A simple solution. The default vitality/wisdom stays the same, and will turn yellow once you’ve achieved the old cap. But you can continue to level past it.

The Wisdom Modifier

Perhaps we could work the wisdom modifier even further than having players stretch their wisdom out only by about 20 points. One could either make all abilites awful until about 100 wisdom, or cap the modifier at a certain number.

Insta-refill of HP/MP at one point?

This work into the next point, but at the point where a character’s vitality and wisdom is at a value where they’ve basically become a god, I’d call Google to locate their house to they can remove the skeleton from the property. Also, lag/stacked shots will always take care of that.

The Regen Cooldown

Most games only let players regen when they aren’t under fire. So, give a small cooldown time between healing and magic restore (on vit/wis) after getting hit/using an ability. That way, even if a player somehow barreled to the top, there is still a posed risk to taking hits. But pets will still work as normal, giving Ninjas their infinite run and healing instantly. This will add a purpose to pets morever just being replaceants.

This can go from class to class as per mana regen. Perhaps bigger cooldowns on abilities with more MP usage, but that’ll have to be reviewed on a class-to-class basis.

Also, perhaps a startup penalty aswell. For when you start regening, the first second is 1/8th of the value, next is 1/6, next 1/4, half, and soon full regen after about 5 seconds.

The Equations and Thresholds

So lets look at the current equations of Vit/Wisdom as provided by the wiki

HPPS (hp per second) = 1 + 0.12 * VIT
40 VIT: 5.8 HPPS
75 VIT: 10 HPPS

MPPS (mp per second) = 0.5 + 0.06 * WIS
50 WIS: 3.5 MPPS
75 WIS: 5 MPPS

So, we could keep these equations the same, and add a different equation after certain thresholds of Vitality/Wisdom to keep it from growing to much. Though, currently, if a player gets 250 of each stat with the old equation, he gets 30 HPPS and about 13 MPPS, so that’s more up to thought.

Pets vs Vit/Wis

So, the maximum a pet can heal you would be 90/45 per second at max divine. So you’d need 750 vitality and wisdom to become as powerful as a full Divine. Which, would now be an obtainable goal, given you don’t fall asleep farming them. Aswell as pets healing instantly through the small cooldown and skipping the startup penalty, so those hard earned Divines don’t go entirely to waste, but also expand Vitality/Wisdom to make pets look like a nice tool, but not a replacement.

tl;dr
make vit/wis unbounded, but add a small grace period between getting hit/using an ability. Using a pet bypasses the small grace period. Cap off or expand wis mod for abilities.

This seems pretty interesting, only looked at the tldr because im in class but I’ll look more indepth to it later!

I feel like for the people that have spent $500+ on their pet, this just wouldn’t be enough to keep them from raging. They would lose a significant investment.

I also think it’s a little odd having every stat under 100 and then randomly 750 wisdom and vit. If anything, you’d have to wipe out the wis and vit drop tables, retool the ratio of healing and mana regen that each wis gave you to scale it down, retool wis modifiers on weapons. It just seems like it is not worth. I mean the gain is pretty marginal. Yeah you have 2 stats that are useless with pets, but at least you don’t have to rework a sizable portion of the game to fix the problem.

The true solution for me:

Double wis/ vit effectiveness (right now those are useless stats).
Divide pet healing capacity by two (those are killing most of the game content… How many new players never seen the phases of half the bosses of the game?).

Wis mod

Oreo

Definition of god in rotmg

ok so you did only go for the tl;dr, lemme fix that

I can’t read anything over 3 sentences :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.