The Bard Class Spotlight

Welcome, To the class concept spotlight, Featuring: The Bard

INTRODUCTION:

Well guys, Since I’ve been without a post for a while and in my spare time, I started to think what would be the best synergy in the game, After thinking I came to the conclusion that the game does not need more fighters, or shooters, Not much less magicians.
I needs supports.
And it was here that I came to the conclusion that the game needed another support. (The necromancer does not count)
The bard was a class that I designed from one moment to the next. It took me a while to think but that in the long run I could achieve the goal I was looking for in designing.

GAMEPLAY:

The bards in history, they were always minstrels who played beautiful melodies.
Within the game, You will be exactly the same, With your different types of melodies, positive and negative, You will help your allies by giving them buffs.
If your melodies are a little more aggressive, these will cause negative statistics to the enemies.
Moving from side to side while playing his songs, the bard will change the role of fighting in favor of his allies.

STATS:

Since the bard is not a class specifically for fighting, his statistics focus on sustenance and defenses.
A variotype between magician and dagger class.

EQUIPMENT:

The bard would come, as I said, a support class.
But has a squishy assistant role will allow him to use dagger weaponry and wizard / support stats.
Weapon: Dagger
Skill: Instrument
Armor: Leather
Accesory: Ring or whatever.

SKILL: THE INSTRUMENT

image (I know, not 8x8, Fixing later)

This is another thing that I take a lot of time to think about.
What would be the best weapon for a troubadour?
The question is answered alone, with its music.
The skill of the bard would be its instrument, Depending on what type of instrument and melody the bard performs a song that gives his allies positive buffs, If in the case of enemies some instruments will be heavy for them, giving them negative buffs.

Rusty Bell

A simple bell, Rusted by the ages and neglect.

Tier: 0 (Starter)
MP Cost: 65
Duration: 3 seconds
Range: 4
Effect: Increases Atack, Defense, Speed to all by 4% (+Wis * 0.05)
Stat Bonus: +1 WIS
Feed Power: 5

Lullaby Bell

A good locking bell, Could do great themes

Tier: 1
MP Cost: 75
Duration: 3.5 seconds
Range: 4
Effect: Increases Atack, Defense, Speed to all by 8% (+Wis * 0.05)
Stat Bonus: +2 WIS
Feed Power: 10

Lala Bell

A beutty instrument for the soul.

Tier: 2
MP Cost: 85
Duration: 4 seconds
Range: 4.2
Effect: Increases Atack, Defense, Speed to all by 12% (+Wis * 0.05)
Stat Bonus: +3 WIS
Feed Power: 20

Singer Bell

Delight in the beauty of this bell.

Tier: 3
MP Cost: 100
Duration: 4.5 seconds
Range: 4.4
Effect: Increases Atack, Defense, Speed to all by 16% (+Wis * 0.05)
Stat Bonus: +4 WIS
Fame Bonus: 1%
Feed Power: 45

Ravel Bell

Inspired by Maurice Ravel, Great composer.

Tier: 4
MP Cost: 115
Duration: 5 seconds
Range: 4.6
Effect: Increases Atack, Defense, Speed to all by 20% (+Wis * 0.05)
Stat Bonus: +4 WIS +1 VIT
Fame Bonus: 2%
Feed Power: 90

Hymn Bell

The harmony between musician and instrument resides in this bell.

Tier: 5
MP Cost: 115
Duration: 5.5 seconds
Range: 4.8
Effect: Increases Atack, Defense, Speed to all by 24% (+Wis * 0.05)
Stat Bonus: +5 WIS +1 VIT
Fame Bonus: 3%
Feed Power: 185

Crescendo Bell

image image

The perfection of your musical notes awarded you this bell.

Tier: 6
MP Cost: 130
Duration: 6 seconds
Range: 5
Effect: Increases Atack, Defense, Speed And Dexterity to all by 30%(+Wis * 0.05)
Stat Bonus: +6 WIS +3 VIT +20 MP
Fame Bonus: 4%
Feed Power: 380%

Laila’s Memory

This bell is the last memory of Esben’s wife, Take care of it.

Tier: UT
MP Cost: 145
Duration: 1.5 (+Wis*0.01)
Range: 4.5 (+Wis * 0.03)
Effect: Armored status to all players.
Stat Bonus: +5 DEF +5 WIS +3 VIT
Fame Bonus: 5%
Feed Power: 900%
Dropped By: Esben The Unwilling

Last Words

Ding Ding Ding, Your time has come.

MP Cost: 150
Duration: 5 (+Wis*0.01)
Range: 4.5 (+Wis * 0.03)
Effect: Amor Break and Curse Status to nearby enemies.
Stat Bonus: +5 ATK + 50 HP
Feed Power: 500%
Dropped By: Void Entity

Sora Harp

This harp will be your wings.

MP Cost: 140
Duration: 6 seconds
Range: 6
Effect: Purify and Speedy Status to all players.
Stat Bonus: +4 SPD +4 WIS +2 DEX
Feed Power: 450%
Dropped By: Daichi The Fallen

Spirit Harp

MP Cost: 100
Duration: 5 seconds (+Wis*0.03)
Range: 3
Effect: Dazed Status to nearby monsters.
Stat Bonus: +5 WIS +4 VIT
Fame Bonus: 3%
Feed Power: 350%
Dropped By: Fountain Spirit

Syllo Horn

Always carry this horn with you when you go to battle!

MP Cost: 200
Duration: 2 seconds (+Wis*0.02)
Range: 6
Effect: Berserk Status And +25 ATK Bonus to all players.
Self Effect: Silence And Armor Break Status for 4 seconds.
Stat Bonus: +50 HP +2 VIT
Feed Power: 600%
Dropped By: Lord of the Lost Lands

ENDING:

Well folks, this is all I have for now, Feel free to comment and give me your opinions about it.
I really would like that deca consider a class like this, It would be very fun and useful in many situations.
Since I thought we have many melee and dps classes, we need another support class.
Of rest, I have many more ut’s but I hope that with these they have an idea of ​​where the course of the bard is going.

Bye!

firstly, the stats need some work. the averages, gains per level, etc… don’t match up.

for example, (i’m just going to use mp here) if you’re gaining 2-8 mp per level, or 5 average, you’ll end up with 205 mp, not 295. this problem shows up with the other stats as well, i recommend fixing it.

as for the base stat cap, i’d still say it should be 25 defense (or more, since it is, as you said, a class focused on defenses), 50 att/dex (mostly for continuity, ), but as for the other stuff i’d say it’s mostly fine.

descriptions:

next, the descriptions for the instruments need work. i’ll tag @seelpit here since she’s good with descriptions.

sprites:

for the ut instruments, i’d say for the most part the sprites are ok, but the tiered instruments need to follow at least a somewhat common template. only the t0 and the t1 have the same shape, with less similarities as the tiers go up. refer to normal ability sprites (excluding those damn stars) to get an idea of this: almost all of them have a common shape, yet with just colors and patterns they are able to convey a sense of a higher tiered item as the tiers go up.

balancing:

oh boy, does this class need it. the buffs are easily comparable to or greater than that of the warrior’s.
also, increasing speed and defense are generally taboo for tiered items, although since it’s a flat increase rather than the armored/speedy buffs i suppose it could be argued that it’s ok. but speed is a no-no. it could just as easily be used for trolling as opposed to group benefit.

laila’s memory:
firstly, this makes little to no sense lore wise, and even then why should esben get a third white? this should drop from somewhere else.

last words:
i suppose this is interesting. no other comments besides again, giving a third white to bosses of mediocre difficulty?
actually, i’ll just stop mentioning it, since besides the syllo horn, all of the ut instruments share this problem.

spirit harp:
this i don’t like as much. it feels like a knight, except with longer range and no need to aim, at the cost of forfeiting damage.
one could argue that it’s daze and not stun, but that’s mostly evened out by the fact that most bosses are immune to stun anyway, while not being immune to daze. imo, this one needs a rework.

syllo horn:
i’m sure i could find a post that explicitly said this, but a bunch of debuffs is not an excuse to give a blatantly overpowered buff, especially to the group.

all said though, decent idea with nice sprites.

Because he is a harder dungeon that deserves it
Chambers has 3

This class is most homosexual my guy.

So pretty much a warrior on a dagger class

Except only 40 attack and 40 dex, and a cap of 5 less defense, along with no defense from ability and only leather armor.
So why would people want to play this for the stats? You just want someone else to play to get the buffs.
Class seems underpowered, ability is overpowered.

I like the sprites, but I’m not fond on the idea.

I agree with @EpicNecros’ points on the stat caps.
Personally, I’d prefer it if you’d keep the continuity of Dagger classes having 720 HP.
25 Def, 50 Att+Dex are also not too unimportant and don’t hurt the Bard. Daggers are already as weak as they are. Heck, maybe 60 attack.
40 vit seems better than the odd 75 - it’s not a melee nor does it compete with the most reliable healing class in the game.
75 wis is good - reliant on the instrument.

Description time! It’s past midnight and I’m on my phone, so I won’t discuss the stats.

Rusty Bell
An old-looking, rust-covered bell.

Lullaby Bell
A silver bell that carries a calming tune.

Lala Bronze Bell
A sturdy bronze bell that is lighter than it looks.

Singer Bell
A shiny golden bell often used by royal orchestras.

Ravel Bell
A polished bell in perfect condition, blessed with melodies from a forgotten age.

Hymn Bell
A bell imbued with a thousand hymns, silently resounding in the wind.

Crescendo Bell
A grand platinum bell, capable of sounding a melody as beautiful as a siren’s.

Laila’s Melody
Though made from ice, it is warm to the touch. Many memories seem to reside inside it.

Last Words Note
A blood-stained bell that appears to move on its own. Although it lacks a clapper, it still produces noise when swung…

Sora Harp
Plated with gold, this harp seems to guide your fingers freely.

Spirit Harp
The tunes of this harp make you feel one with nature as it nurtures your soul.

Syllo Horn
An enormous horn, used by kingdoms across the realm to convey countless messages.

Yeah, i think the stats of atk/dex are to low, But i often it cause bards in most rpg’s doesn’t seem to be so damage dealers, that’s why i give it sustain instead of damage.
OMG U’r incredible for descriptions! Srlly
From the rest, yeah i need to rework some ideas about the class, But still this class becomes one of the realm.

Why would you waste your time on another dagger class? Please people DECA will not consider any class to be added next other then another katana wielding class.

That’s not really supportive.

Hey, at least it isn’t another samurai/heavy armor katana class “idea” lol.

[ triggered noises ]

A lot of people make ideas and theirs aren’t made. Just let him have some fun.

A nice thought, but dagger classes already have notably lower DPS compared to other classes.
It’s best to experiment with Pfiffel’s DPS Calc to compare different values. I’d suggest keeping its DPS below that of a Trickster and Assassin, but above Rogue.

Thank you very much!! :'3

Main problemo with this idea is that a support class would indeed only work well with a group. What if one wishes to play solo? They can just choose other classes which already have support abilities, you know, like the priest or pally. The idea of support isn’t a bad one, but don’t fix the whole class on it. Like @Seelpit and others said, don’t be too harsh on the offensive stats. Otherwise the bard ain’t too shabby if I do say so myself.

That is basically @Seelpit’s favorite part of ideas

I love that idea… but the effect of the bells are too bad… increases atk = pally - def = pally…
Later have all bells whit 3% - 4…

The Bard

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.