The Bearer

Default Skin

Alternative Skin

Uses:

• Katanas
  • Crystals*
  • Robes
  • Rings

*Crystals are powerful containments of magic that provide a magical field around the user. Outside of the range of the “visibility field”, which is marked by grayish particles that circle the player, enemies cannot see you. Once they step in, they are able to see you. Think of this as Reverse Darkness.

Stats

• Starting Stats
    100 Health
    100 Magic
    12 Attack
    0 Defense
    12 Speed
    15 Dexterity
    10 Vitality
    12 Wisdom

• Maximum Stats
    670 Health
    385 Magic
    60 Attack
    25 Defense
    60 Speed
    75 Dexterity
    30 Vitality
    75 Wisdom

• Stats per Level
    20-30 Health
    5-15 Magic
    1-2 Attack
    0 Defense
    1-2 Speed
    1-3 Dexterity
    0-1 Vitality
    1-2 Wisdom

Tiered Abilities

Basic Crystal, Tier 0

A crystalline for beginning bearers.

When Key Held:
Visibility Field in 6 squares
Armor Broken
Drain 15 MP/sec
When Key Released:
Armored for 0.3 Seconds (+0.1 Seconds for every 8 Wisdom)
MP Cost: 85

Aquatic Crystal, Tier 1

A more advanced crystalline that holds powers infused within from the sea.

When Key Held:
Visiblity Field in 5.7 squares
Armor Broken
Drain 15 MP/sec
When Key Released:
Armored for 0.4 Seconds (+0.15 Seconds for every 8 Wisdom past 55)
On Equip:
+1 Wisdom
MP Cost: 90

Ember Crystal, Tier 2

An even more advanced crystalline that contains ancient powers of the flame.

When Key Held:
Visibility Field in 5.4 squares
Armor Broken
Drain 15 MP/sec
When Key Released:
Armored for 0.5 Seconds (+0.2 Seconds for every 8 Wisdom past 55)
On Equip:
+1 Wisdom
MP Cost: 95

Duality Crystal, Tier 3

Bound together with the powers of both pure light and pure darkness, the conflicting powers limit its power. What a poor design choice.

When Key Held:
Visiblity Field in 5.1 squares
Armor Broken
Drain 15 MP/sec
When Key Released:
Armored for 0.6 Seconds (+0.25 Seconds for every 8 Wisdom past 55)
Healing for 1 Seconds (+0.2 Seconds for every 6 Wisdom past 45)
On Equip:
+1 Wisdom
MP Cost: 100
Fame Bonus: 1%

Dark Matter Crystal, Tier 4

Infused with a fraction of the mythical void’s power, the limits of this crystalline are farther beyond most.

When Key Held:
Visibility Field in 4.8 squares
Armor Broken
Drain 15 MP/sec
When Key Released:
Armored for 0.8 Seconds (+0.3 Seconds for every 8 Wisdom past 55)
Healing for 1.4 Seconds (+0.3 Seconds for every 6 Wisdom past 45)
On Equip:
+2 Wisdom
MP Cost: 105
Fame Bonus: 2%

Crystal of the Negative, Tier 5

A quite confusing crystalline due to how its design reflects colors in the opposite way a normal one would, this stands as a very powerful find.

When Key Held:
Visiblity Field in 4.6 squares
Armor Broken
Drain 15 MP/sec
When Key Released:
Armored for 0.9 Seconds (+0.35 Seconds for every 8 Wisdom past 55)
Healing for 2 Seconds (+0.4 Seconds for every 6 Wisdom past 45)
On Equip:
+2 Wisdom
MP Cost: 110
Fame Bonus: 3%

Cupid’s Ancient Crystal, Tier 6

Taken from the ex-bearer known as Cupid, this Crystalline is one of the most powerful due to the time that Cupid put into refining this.

When Key Held:
Visiblity Field in 4.6 squares
Armor Broken
Drain 15 MP/sec
When Key Released:
Armored for 0.9 Seconds (+0.4 Seconds for every 8 Wisdom past 55)
Healing for 2.5 Seconds (+0.5 Seconds for every 6 Wisdom past 45)
On Equip:
+3 Wisdom
+2 Vitality
Fame Bonus: 4%

Untiered Abilities

Crystal of Purity

Back before Priests were in such quantities and even in existence, the bearers of the realm had banded together to create a wondrous momento to show how cleansed they were. Their deceased souls still remain within.

While Key Held:
Visiblity Field at 5 Range
75 HP Heal every 1 Second in 5 squares
Cures negative conditions every 5 Seconds in 5 squares
Armor Broken (cannot be cured)
Slowed (cannot be cured)
Drain 20 MP/sec
When Key Released:
Heal: 200 HP in 4 squares (+15 HP heal for every 5 Wisdom past 55)
Effect on Self:
Healing for 3.1 Seconds (+0.6 Seconds for every 6 Wisdom past 45)
Damaging for 1.3 Seconds (+0.25 Seconds for every 8 Wisdom past 45)
On Equip:
+5 Wisdom
+2 Speed
Fame Bonus: 6%

Crystal of Terror

The chaotic effects of this Crystal show no mercy to those subjected to it, not even the wearer.

While Key Held:
Visiblity Field at 3 Range
75 Damage per 0.5 Seconds in 7 squares (+5 Damage for every 6 Wisdom past 45)
200 Damage per 1 Second in 3 squares (+20 Damage for every 8 Wisdom past 55)
Slowed
Dazed
Drain 20 MP/sec
When Key Released:
Armor Broken for 1.5 Seconds
Damaging for 1.1 Seconds (+0.15 Seconds for every 6 Wisdom past 55)
Berserk for 1.1 Seconds (+0.15 Seconds for every 6 Wisdom past 55)
MP Cost: 115
Fame Bonus: 5%

Crystal of the Frozen North

A strange crystal that’s cold to the very touch. It seems to slow enemies that are around the user, at the expense of also making the user slow as well.

Enemy Effect:
(400 if Wis > 50; 400+[Wis-50]x3.5 if Wis =< 50) Damage in (3.5 if Wis > 50; 3.5+[Wis-50]/13 if Wis =< 50) Squares
Slowed for (3 if Wis > 50; 3+[Wis-50]/12 if Wis =< 50) Seconds in (3.5 if Wis > 50; 3.5+[Wis-50]/13 if Wis =< 50) Squares
Effect on Self:
Armored for (2 if Wis > 50; 2+[Wis-50]/20 if Wis < 50) Seconds
Dazed for 1.3 Seconds
MP Cost: 125
Fame Bonus: 5%

Eye of the Dragon

Holding this in your hand gives you an eerie reminder of the beast that you had to slay to acquire such a thing, and all of the heroes that have fallen at its… hand?

When Key Held:
Charge a dragon rage-induced burst
Dazed
Drain 10 MP/sec
When Key Released:
(Shot spread #1, small bullets)
Shots: 4 (90 degrees apart, 45 degree offset)
Damage: 150 + 0.05x every second held (with a cap of 10 seconds; +0.5x, or 75)
Range: 12
Shot Speed: 20
(Shot spread #2, medium bullets)
Shots: 4 (90 degrees apart)
Damage: 225 + 0.05x every second held (with a cap of 10 seconds; +0.5x, or 112)
Range: 9
Shot Speed: 16
(Shot spread #3, large bullets)
Shots: 2 (20 degrees apart)
Damage: 300 +0.05x every second held (with a cap of 10 seconds; +0.5x, or 150)
Range: 15
Shot Speed: 24
Shots hit multiple targets
Automatically releases in 12 seconds
Reverts to normal damage after 12 seconds
On Equip:
+3 Attack
MP Cost: 125
Cooldown: 7 Seconds
(Uses shots from Eye of the Dragon.)

Golden Heart

Only those that have truly pure intentions will be able to wield such an artifact without crumbling into vile pieces.

While Key Held:
Immune to all status effects
Drain 25 MP/sec
When Key Released:
Healing for (7 if wis < 50; 7+[wis-50]/8 if wis >= 50) Seconds
Armored for (2 if wis < 50; 2+[wis-50]/15 if wis >= 50) Seconds
On Equip:
+80 Maximum HP
MP Cost: 95
Cooldown: 2.5 Seconds

so this is like giving darkness on enemies aswell? kinda like rogue but different. tho good job on the class there!

dunno why there are no replies but this is a really cool idea! This probably took like 30 minutes or more and i apreiciate ur effor and like ur idea too. The ability is unique, im happy about a new katana class and you really suprised me with the robe… Overall a really great job

does the ability affect all players?

First off, I would just like to say nice work! It’s clear you put a lot of effort and time into this. The sprites are amazing and the class overall is very unique.

Equipment wise, it’s probably not the best idea to have a katana and robe class be a thing.The range of a katana is not that good to begin with, so you would be risking a lot if you tried to go in. Robes of course giving low def, and the class itself having a cap of 25(Same as Priest) would mean this would be a super squishy class. This would be on par with ninja defense wise (maybe even lower) which many people complain about for being too squishy.

The Crystals are kinda mixed opinions for me. The armored after key released is certainly pretty powerful on tiered crystals. The visibility field might need a little work. Since the katana range isn’t the best, it’s kind of risky to use crystals with small visibility fields. The armor broken part also kind of sucks. I would assume that if you did use the ability, and someone stood behind you, you could get killed because 1. You’re armor broken, 2.You take the shotgun intended for someone else. The UT crystals sure a pretty cool, especially the eye of the dragon one.

Overall this is a decent idea for a class. The work put into it really puts it on anther level.

I know that putting Robes with Katanas is a weird option, but I did that mainly for the fact that this is supposed to be a class that’s heavily reliant on skill rather than just the power of your pet. It’s also a sort of “mage” class, so giving it a ranged weapon would remove the purpose of having to carefully plan approaching enemies in order to do damage.

The Armored of Crystals has a high MP cost and a very low time mainly for the fact that it’s meant to be a secondary usage, and it’s meant to be short as to not be abused. You could say that pets could make it OP, but that could be said for any class; this has the least leway for breakage like this. As for the Armor Broken while held, as said before, it’s meant to be strategically used, hence why the release effect gives Armored as a secondary usage on the flip-side of Armor Broken.

The UTs are my favorite of the class by far, as they were unbelievably fun to create just based on everything that they contain. I was able to completely just go wild with possibility, and I made sure to go wild just as I was able to while still making it fair for play.

Also, RareMeat, it only affects yourself.

I nearly forgot this skin that I made for the class!

Masked Demon
Is he really demon at all? Is it a she? None shall know…

This is a really cool idea, I always wanted to see a robe/katana class idea. It would also be cool to see a UT crystal that has an extremely small visibility field (like 1 - 0.7 tiles) that has a high mp/sec cost (add pet stasis so the mp/sec cost doesn’t have to be outrageous for pet users) this would be really useful in dungeons like the shatters where you have to rush.

Does the crystal work for other players in it’s range? It seems like it would be over powered if it did, but if it doesn’t then it seems under powered.

It doesn’t affect other players, only yourself. It may seem underpowered in speculation, but if you consider what it really does and the fact it’s a held effect, along with having two katanas that extend past the range of Tier 6’s field, then you could see the balance between the range and the effect.

It’s a cool idea, but I don’t really think we need a solo class, which is what this sounds like.

Just for clarification, how does the Crystal of Terror work? does it do damage to you? if so how much? Also, What is the mp/s for the Crystal of Purity, Crystal of Terror, and Crystal of the Frozen North? do they not have an mp/s cost?

Oops, forgot the cost for the first two. However, for Frozen North, there is no held effect; instead, it is an activated effect like an ordinary ability.

I’ll fix the cost on the first two, though, pronto.

Nice! It DOES seem just a bit op though. And with 385 max Mp and certain gear, you can see people with Mp far higher than 500Mp.

That can already be accomplished by any Robe class, and even with Melee classes.

I know. But all it’s stats with that, and it being a more offensive class makes it seem just a bit too OP. The reason I mentioned it is for it maybe having less Mp than 385. Lol.

It’s not as offensive as Ninja is in overall DPS, and being a Robe class it has far less Defense than Ninja as well. It has high DPS, but it’s not meant to be a pure DPS class like Ninja is. This class is far more precise.

For reference:

• Ninja
    70 Attack
    70 Dexterity
  • Bearer
    75 Attack
    60 Dexterity

60 Attack
75 dexterity ***

Well, eeeeeither way. (Gonna just ignore my mistake there, don’t mind me.) The DPS of Ninja is superior, and it has an offensive ability in two different ways, whereas the Bearer has much more of a precise ability with a secondary use that has its own uses.

Interesting. My big problem is that the radius around the minions is six squares and ray katana has 6.1 range. Although, at first, this not seem to be a problem as, like darkness, anything within the sphere cannot take damage from things outside the sphere, you can easily use this to farm out a minion without taking any damage from a safe range.

I enjoy the idea. 8.5/10 Might just be because I a harsh grader though

Hey, that’s completely fine. Keep in mind, though, that the Ray Katana isn’t exactly the best for DPS, and there’s still a need for caution when using anything that exceeds the range because of the fact that you’re Armor Broken while holding the spacebar down. It’s strategic even when you do use UT katanas.

Oh, I actually completely forgot to mention that it’s not completely like a “reverse darkness”; I simply used that as a way to help explain it. You’re still able to attack things that are within the circle, but they’re also able to attack you if they’re in there.