The Brew of New Life; A Method of Balancing Pets

###Brew of New Life

Brewed by the very gods themselves to bring fallen heroes back to life, at a cost of familiarity.

####Stats:
Player recieves “Guidance” for infinite seconds (similar to Loot and Tier Drop effects)

####Drops From:
Tinkerer Quest (Master Conquester)
Nexus Shop

####More info
Players can recieve the Brew of New Life at random from the Tinkerer. The player must have all 13 of the original Epic Marks, aswell as three new marks (Cultist Mark, Marble Colossus Mark, Void Mark), making a total of 16 marks. This means any player obtaining this must have a backpack. This can only be done once. After that, you’ll have to purchase the Brew of Life for 11.5k fame in Nexus

Once you recieve the Brew of New Life, players will have to use it in their vault. Once attempted to be used, a dialogue box will appear, informing the user that consuming this potion will cause their pet to not recognize them. They can carry it around, but it won’t perform any tasks. It’ll just be a normal pet.

The new status “Guidance” will be on your character until it hits 0 HP. Once it runs out of HP, a message will appear to everyone in the dungeon/realm

Player’s body flashes with bright light, and fades away to be reborn.

You are sent back to Nexus with full HP. At that point, you will be given another status called “Reborn” for infinite seconds, overwriting Guidance. During Reborn, you cannot consume another Brew of Life, aswell as your pet still being unpractical on that character.

Revival being a touchy issue these days, would be hard to balance. So, replace overpowered pets with an overpowered ability, and you get a choice from players on whether or not to keep their precious pet or character.

I was never a fan of revival in permadeath games, so even if this is technically balanced, I’m not a huge fan of it.

Pretty sure the vast majority of players would still use a pet, especially if it’s one they’ve spent a lot of money on.

Again, I’m not denying the fact that it’s balanced; I think that revival in permadeath games doesn’t fit well from a design standpoint.

I like the idea, but I’m not going to get rid of my pet just for unlimited “guidance.”

Basically ammys. As long as you fametrain all day, you can never die.

Making alt characters to get marks…

Fame Training basically…

I don’t like this idea…

Marks are SB…

No.
Too complicated, too much bs, no.

Yeah. Some people have more than 14 character slots, and they use those extra character slots as alt characters to get more loot.

DUPING ALERT
DUPING ALERT
DUPING ALERT
remember what happened to ammys?

Wrong, once you “die” once, you can not consume another Brew, meaning you can die. Furthermore, your pet is still rendered useless.

I kinda like it. I wouldn’t trade my pet for it but still

or we can just back amulets thatd be cool too :^)

I guarantee you will die more than twice as frequently without (legendary or divine, the intended ‘balance level’) pets while attempting the same level of risk taking for loots. Actually I thought at first that the brew of new life means a gold refunding consumable for those who used gold to lvl their pets lol.

That f̶a̶m̶e train left station a long time ago.

Fame train for a pet that’ll most likely keep your alive and well forever

or

Fame Train for a potion that revives your character once.

You pick your poison.

I’d love if DECA would restore all the gold/fame spent on pets, but that’d destroy the markets forever, aswell as unhappy customers with a shitton of gold only to spend it on lottery boxes.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.