The Burst Collection!

So, I could make trillions more posts about burst-weapons, but instead I will just share a couple that have and have not been shared yet on this thread. Enjoy, and pray that Deca will incorporate SOMETHING like this. (especially if they did the bee summon helmet already)

###RIFT: Refined Incendiary Force Torrent (that took forever to make a name for)

With the power of thermodynamics as well as multiple space-warp spells, magicians were able to concentrate the power of a normal spell-bomb into a deadly laser.

Tier: UT
MP: 65/second
Shots: 24/second (6 bursts of 4 shots, meaning there is .1667s time in between bursts)

Given a burst of shots labeled #1, #2, #3, #4:

Trajectories for each respective projectile are calculated using y=: .5sin(45+N); .5sin(135+N); .5sin(225+N); .5sin(315+N) where N is a constantly increasing number (360/second) that returns to 0 every second to prevent overflow.

Starting from the left (starting point) every 2 grid blocks will denote the starting positions of each shot. Secondly, all projectiles follow the amp/freq stats of 1/1. Ideally, what you will end up seeing is a helix formation that will appear as, if it were perceived in 3D, a rotating tunnel of projectiles.

Damage: 100
Range: 12
Fame Bonus: 4%
Feed Power: 5

Drops From: Tinkerer (Same as Lunar, but using Tablet)

###Mechanic: Whiplash

I will sum this up in one or two sentences since this mechanic is pretty simple. It’s a burst of shots (usually 6-10) where shot speed is increased the later the shot is fired, until all of the shots meet at a specific point, basically denoting it’s “maximum damage.” The last shot usually will have armor broken, so being at the perfect range will cause massive damage to a target. (I have to be cheap and not have an item, but this mechanic can go either to an enemy or an item.)

###Unknown Remote

Knowing that Dr. Terrible made this, who knows what pressing the button will do?

MP: 120
Cooldown: 3 seconds
Within 5 squares of cursor over 2 seconds:
Trap (x10): 60-70 damage within 2 squares, 1 second to arm for 0 seconds, Bleeding for 10 seconds, Slowed for 2 seconds (dark-fuschia colored trap) (Traps appear from where the cursor was when spacebar was pressed)

##The Scorched Limb

The dried branch has been burned, smoked, crumbled, and warped by a wildfire caused by crazed owner.

Shots: 5
Damage (all): 50-63
RoF: 75%
“Pfiffel” lifetime (all): 200
Speeds of each shot: 200; 250; 300; 350; 400 respectively
Derivative range of each shot: 4.0-8.0
Shots Hit Multiple Enemies.
Fame Bonus: 3%
Feed Power: 400

This thread will keep adding new ideas “sporadically” now. Stay tuned!

This is incredibly cool. Keep up the good work!

Oh God, Junior year of high school is over! I wasn’t ever supposed to see this crap again!

i don’t like the item now

##Rift
Firing my laser. Yess, please. I think this is a fun ability to play with!

[quote=“GAMESONLY, post:1, topic:12076”]
This thread will keep adding new ideas every day. Stay tuned!
[/quote]No ideas since 4 days

If you were looking closely, I added the new mechanics on top of the original. Nevertheless, nobody seems interested anymore, so I’m limiting to a sporadic addition.

##Whiplash
So… is it going to be in a straight line, basically from

[You] O…O…O…O…O…O…O.O… [Target]

to

[You] …OOOOOOO [Target]
?
Can you give an illustration? Maybe it’ll clear things out
##Unknown Remote
…what
Okay, so first, there’s a spawn range of 5 tiles within cursor? And the spawn lasts for 2 seconds.
Second, there’s 10 traps which is going to spawn in total? 60-70 damage within 2 squares of the trap (so radius of 2). It takes 1 second to arm, and bursts immediately?

Again, I find the description of the spawn style confusing…

also, you’re going to need to explain what Bleeding is on an enemy. So far, it has only been on a player. Does it stack, etc.

One, yes. That whiplash illustration is perfect.

Two, You got the trap details right.

Three, yellow drake egg. That inflicts bleeding on enemies.

It seems I need to make posts advertising new additions since people apparently don’t notice them and tell me that I haven’t added anything. So…

The Scorched Limb has been added to the list!

Heyy, I just found out about the scorched limb!

Sprite is kind of bland, but the basic shape is pretty solid!

The Idea in practically is very similar to tiered bows, being higher in damage the closer you are, practically letting you choose between DpS or range. The difference is that this bow is concentrated in a single line, whereas the tiered ones has a spread which means you have some tolerance for aiming.

If anything, I find that the optimum range of 4 to be quite OP, as tiered bows’ damage when all shots hit equate to 225, whereas this one goes up to 315! May I know why you did this?

Personally, I would decrease the range so that the optimum range would be 2.5 to 2.8 tiles

Edit; nevermind. I think the missing spread is a good trade off for the damage buff, which should matter only when you’re going almost as deep as melees anyways.

:+1:

I’ll be waiting for your next one! Tag me when you do, please

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.