The Charmer, a 2 ring-slot support class by Qewi

Charmer

charmer
charmersheetupscale
statpage

• The Charmer is a support class.

• She cannot wear armor.
    Instead, she has a ring slot in place of her armor slot, meaning she can wear 2 rings at once.

• Her weapon is the Staff, and her ability is the Beacon.

t0beacon
  • On ability use, places a beacon at the user location, similar in function to a Marble Seal.

• When allies are within range of the Beacon, they gain the enchantediconEnchanted buff. -

• When allies are enchantediconEnchanted, their attacks shot pattern changes, maybe even gaining extra shots.*
  • You can only have one beacon placed at any given time, and placing a new one gets rid of the previous.

*(this will probably depend on the class, and could change. for example, tiered bows could possibly gain 1 extra shot.)

Here is an example of the possible effects this ability could have on allies.

Light Beacon

t0beacon

Tier - 0

MP Cost - 60

On Equip - +1 SPD, +5 HP

Effect(s) - Party Effect: Within 4 squares enchantediconEnchanted for 3 seconds, and image VIT Boost for 2 seconds.

Feed Power - 5

Reflection Beacon

t1beacon

Tier - 1

MP Cost - 65

On Equip - +2 SPD, +10 HP

Effect(s) - Party Effect: Within 4.5 squares enchantediconEnchanted for 3.5 seconds, and image VIT Boost for 2.5 seconds.

Feed Power - 10

Solar Beacon

t2beacon

Tier - 2

MP Cost - 70

On Equip - +3 SPD, +15 HP

Effect(s) - Party Effect: Within 5 squares enchantediconEnchanted for 4 seconds, and image VIT Boost for 3 seconds.

Feed Power - 20

Combat Beacon

t3beacon

Tier - 3

MP Cost - 75

On Equip - +4 SPD, +20 HP

Effect(s) - Party Effect: Within 5.5 squares enchantediconEnchanted for 4.5 seconds, and image VIT Boost for 3.5 seconds.

XP Bonus - 1%

Feed Power - 45

Ultraviolet Beacon

t4beacon

Tier - 4

MP Cost - 80

On Equip - +5 SPD, +25 HP

Effect(s) - Party Effect: Within 5.5 squares enchantediconEnchanted for 5 seconds, and image VIT Boost for 4 seconds.

XP Bonus - 2%

Feed Power - 90

Beacon of Hope

t5beacon

Tier - 5

MP Cost - 85

On Equip - +6 SPD, +30 HP

Effect(s) - Party Effect: Within 5.5 squares enchantediconEnchanted for 5.5 seconds, and image VIT Boost for 4.5 seconds.

XP Bonus - 3%

Feed Power - 190

Beacon of Holy Light

t6beacon

Tier - 6

MP Cost - 90

On Equip - +7 SPD, +50 HP, +20 MP

Effect(s) - Party Effect: Within 5.5 squares enchantediconEnchanted for 6 seconds, and image VIT Boost for 5 seconds.

XP Bonus - 4%

Feed Power - 380

Beacon of Regality

t7beacon

Tier - 7

MP Cost - 95

On Equip - +8 SPD, +70 HP, +40 MP

Effect(s) - Party Effect: Within 5.5 squares enchantediconEnchanted for 6.5 seconds, and image VIT Boost for 5.5 seconds.

XP Bonus - 5%

Soulbound image

Feed Power - 570

Lighthouse Beacon

utbeacon1 image

Tier - UT

MP Cost - 105

On Equip - +4 SPD, +4 ATT, +4 DEX

Effect(s) -

• Party Effect: Within 5.5 squares enchantediconEnchanted for 6 seconds, and image ATT Boost for 3 seconds.

• Lighthouse: Spawns a Lighthouse beacon that shoots light beams dealing 1000 damage over time, over a 5 second duration. Beams are fired every 2 seconds.

• Lighthouse Effect: image Ignores defense of target

Range - 5.5

Duration - 6 seconds

XP Bonus - 6%

Soulbound image

Feed Power - 900

Loot Bag image
Drops From image Rock Dragon

that’s about it ty for reading

yo i accidentally pressed enter can a mod remove this please lol im not done LMFAO

edit: nvm i finished it anyways so if someone can remove the flag that would be epic ty

yo this class doesn’t wear any armour, does that mean they’re naked? :flushed:

absolutely

The biggest problem with it is, er, two rings?!? I mean the game is balanced around three different armour types, worn primarily by classes based on their range. Replacing armour with a second ring totally blows that apart.

Problems? What about rings with a proc, with cooldown? Does each ring have its own cooldown, if you use two of the same. I imagine ‘two of the same’ will be a popular choice for whatever your favourite ring is. How do two positive stat boosts stack? What about two negative ones?

It means seasonal sets like Xmas, Alien, Construction and soon Oryx gear won’t work as you need both weapon + armour (as well as somtimes ability) for the full benefit. Or if they do work because the ring counts as gear it’s massively OP.

I should have mentioned, rings with unique passives and procs won’t stack.

So if you wear two decas, you WILL get +380 HP - but wearing two snake eye rings won’t give you 4 seconds of speedy. (or maybe it could! that’d be cool but idk)

edit: also just to answer one of your questions, if you for example wore two candy rings for whatever reason, the combined stat bonuses would end up being: +20 SPD, +20 VIT, -200 MP, -20 WIS

T7 beacon?

alright just added one

May I remind everyone that near when this game was first released, wearing two rings was a thing then? :wink:

Yep and now it’s not a thing, showing that it didn’t work out too well, or else they wouldn’t have gotten rid of it.

Double Decas with T7 Beacon and Exaltation… 1,145 HP boi.

you gotta keep in mind this is when para rings were the best though

yeah, that’s also when the game didn’t even have sprite outlines (so over 10 years ago…)

I was just saying that it existed :sweat_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.