The Clock Tower

I really liked your analysis of the idea, but I have one issue with it:

According to Wikipedia (best source, lol):

In the document, it’s implied that Behemoth is, in fact, Sorak Lanthar’s mechanical friend, Cogsworth (mentioned in the Scroll of the Child). Cogsworth was the first robot to exist in the Clock Tower, while the Biblical Behemoth, if it actually was a dinosaur, was one of the first creatures to grace the planet. Furthermore, Behemoth takes the form of a pterodactyl or a similar flying dinosaur, although it has no wings and is more like an elephant or hippopotamus in the Bible.

I doubt Xaklor went that far in depth for the name, but it does, indeed, make sense.

I’m sorry to be polemical, but that link is so tenuous I can barely believe it. I also think you are mistaken if you hold the belief that a large sauropod-style animal was ‘one of the first creatures to grace the planet’.

I can understand the argument that ‘they’re both extremely large and powerful’ well enough, but that’s where the relevance stops for me. I remain unconvinced :3

Oh, I know. I just like to connect the things.
I kind of thought of myself like one of those crazy conspiracy theorists at that point.

Idk why, but you coming on Toastrz just to make that clock tower JonTron joke made me laugh so hard lol.

If you go to the one I posted i gave all credit to a guild mate because i did not know he stole the idea. I’m sorry you guys think it was me. I don’t remember because i don’t give a shit. If you do go to the other shitty post.

AugisLTlo

Since this is so popular, might as well make a long review to waste my time. I’ll also be jotting down my thoughts as I go through.

Man, that lore makes you seem like a @Puffagod-wanna be, but nice job I guess. I feel like next time you make a dungeon you can private-message me for a lore, I’m good at those. But I know you don’t trust me so whatever.

I like the idea of stopping the boss going into the portal, that’s pretty unique.

I know I shouldn’t be talking, but I really hate the sprite of Behemoth. It looks skinny and weak, and I’m not sure if that’s a halo or what. Its sword looks cool though.

TYPO ALERT: Capitalize the s is “stasis”

Its attacking pattern is simple yet balanced.

Oh wow, he still goes into the portal anyways. The chase is on!

I really like the theme of the dungeon! Not sure how the green relates to the clock, but to be honest I don’t know what other color it should be.

The portal and key look great! You forgot to put the difficulty of the dungeon though (like in graves).

The Ruined Drone Family: Great sprites, walking looks a bit awkward. Everything is balanced and good.

So far nothing too bad.

The Shade Family: The Hulk and the Harvester of Pain look very awkward, but I guess they are fine. The other two are awesome sprites.

Temporal Monstrocity 1: I like the sprite and the description, really mysterious and smooth. It’s hard to believe such a strong brute that can be mistaken for a boss can be a minion.

I love the fact that when the wall explodes it does stasis for 2 minutes! That reduces leeching by a lot and it’s a unique idea. My only complaint is that some people who did the hard work somehow ends up at the wall and gets punished by the explosion, but you can’t have everything I guess. I would change it to just one minute.

Shade Guardians: I like each variant, but I feel like the bosses are too easy to be dropping tops. Old tops are definately good, but tops might be too good for a not-that challenging fight. And what’s with the weird damages? How come some damages are 101 damage? I’ve seen some that are even weirder, I don’t see the point of that.

Behemoth Boss: So is the sprite exactly the same, the attacks just harder?

I really like the flow of the battle. Balanced attacks, which leads to Behemoth escaping somewhere else, and players have to chase him. That’s pretty awesome.

I like the new portal, but ugh, a part two???

The Argentum Mech Family: I love this sprite. It’s very robotic, its movements are cool, and the theme matches perfectly. I like the variations too, it’s very similar to Puffagod’s recent dungeon where each boss has a variation.

Sorak Lanther: That sprite is really cool, especially with the animations. It would fit perfectly. However, I do have a strange feeling I’ve seen it somewhere before… suspicion rising
Man this guy is hard. As much health as Avatar, with harder attacks and attack patterns, and a shocking 2000 damage attack! I can’t wait to see how that works out.

Oh wait Piggby made that sprite, I saw your link. suspicion falling

I’m too lazy to find the 2000 damage attack, please tell me where the hell that is.

Oh lord not another room. Luckily it’s not a fight.

Why does that librarian look like an Egyptian hyena? Good job putting your own already-released creations for the loot table, those are good stuff.

Oh god. Another room? The sprite looks great, no complaint here. Let’s get to the damn loot already.

Tarnished Heartstone: Simple MP-based ring, not that good but it’s fine.

Argentum Heartstone: Same thing but with HP

Spinner Dynamo: So it does nothing and is all for the bonuses? Then isn’t this just a ring? I don’t like this idea, it’s a ring in the ninja star section, pretty useless.

Lightning Strike Spell: So a spell that acts like a landmine? That’s pretty unique and cool.

Archaic Scepter: I think I’ve reviewed this one before

Stone Orb: Same

Lore Scrolls: Cool! Basically some stories, that’s pretty cool. Next time you do this, you can ask me for help to (not saying yours is bad, it’s great in fact, but just putting it out there)

Quiver of Deceit: A paralyzing quiver that goes two different ways. Interesting. Very powerful, a lot of damage, medium MP Cost, this is OP. But I guess it’s a rare drop from a very strong boss, so it’s fine.

Cloak of Unholy Regeneration: A cloak that has the extra holy water effect with the heal? That’s pretty OP, but I guess the low cloak time balances it.

Junk Plate: Holy crap I love that sprite. Usually when a sprite’s overall shape is different from the original tiered ones, it comes out looking weird. But this is great. However, when we get to the stats, that is when things go wrong. I love unique concepts, and very situational UT’s are cool with me. However, this +100 Vit is just too much. Mixed in with the +20 Wis, this will make you nearly invinsible unless you were insta-killed. It’s very overpowered for sure. Even if I’m wrong and it’s not overpowered because of the lack of defense, I don’t like how far-fetched this is.

Well, I have mixed thoughts about the dungeon. Why don’t I start out with the negatives so I can end with the positives, and therefore not as many people will complain that I’m completely negative toward Xaklor and crap (@Xaklor you know what I mean).

Negative: I’m sorry if this seems a bit harsh, but a lot of this dungeon was just to take up pages and to brag about it. So many large, empty spaces which leads to 91 un-legit pages. If you filled up most of the space it would be like 70 pages. I also feel like you’re making this dungeon longer than it seems by adding rooms like Puffagod did. However, Puffagods theme matches with multiple stages, while yours is perfectly fine with one room. The extra stages were just to make this seem longer. If I were you, I would keep the first two stages and turn the next two into something else. So yeah, stop forcing more rooms into this.

Positive: So what if there were empty spaces? 70 pages is still a crap ton of content, so great effort. The sprites are great and how the first two stages work are unique and awesome. Great effort, balancing, and your loot ideas are also good. I will be waiting for your next idea!

:candy:

But since it’s 6 months old, yours came first.

Gj on this <3

No one stole anyones idea lol you guys just used the same name for a dungeon.

Good job Xaklor @_@ much effort in there
I confess I was expecting something like:

“Be quiet in the library” phase lul

… how in the world did I miss that?

I totally should have done that :confused:

smh, it’s alright, that is just a really small detail, doesn’t change the quality of the final product

@Puffagod liked my post!!! Life=complete

If there was some sought of gold, like in reddit, I would give it to this post! So well thought-out, sprites are brilliant as well (love that junk plate).

WE NEED THIS, This would be such a great dungeon.

i think if you reply on any of his dungeon ideas with advice or thoughts he gives you one.

I know, my first post on the forums was a question directed to him and he replied :slight_smile:. That post was just a joke.

I gave a like here because I really didn’t want to be the first to say this:

I was just very happy that someone else noticed the hubristic vanity! (xD) Not in a mean way, of course - convention simply barred me from making the same observation.

I only ‘like’ what I actually like c:

So you like me??? :slight_smile:

SPACE, TIME and DEATH are sitting around a campfire made of innumerable supernovae. DEATH spears several planets on an archimedean lever and slowly roasts them over the devouring flames of infinity.

‘WHAT BE THIS?’
‘Nev̡e͘r͏ ͝in͝ ́a̶ll̨ m͡y͘ ́mil͟li͞o͘n͝s.̨…’
‘ᴵ ᵗʰᶦᶰᵏ⋅⋅⋅ ˢᵒᵐᵉᵒᶰᵉ’ˢ ᵃˢᵏᶦᶰᵍ ᶠᵒʳ ᵃ ᶜᵒᵐᵖᶫᶦᵐᵉᶰᵗ﹗’
‘A WHAT?’
‘𝕴𝖙❜𝖘 𝖆 𝖒𝖔𝖗𝖙𝖆𝖑 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌.’
‘OH.’
‘ᴼʰ ᵖᶫᵉᵃˢᵉ ᵖᶫᵉᵃˢᵉ ᵖᶫᵉᵃˢᵉ ᵍᶦᵛᵉ ᵒᶰᵉ﹗’

DEATH pops the planets into its mouth and crunches them deliberately.

‘I COMPLIMENT EVERYONE IN THE END.’