The Conjurer (New Class)

Ok, so I was thinking of the next class that might be added to the game and I looked to the number of class for each type of weapon and armor.
If we want it to be balanced (and I like when it’s balanced) the next two classes should be Heavy armor katana user and heavy armor wand user, so that we have 6 classes for each armor and 3 classes for each weapon.

Heavy armor katana is basic but heavy armor wand is more interresting :slight_smile: so I “worked” on that idea and here are my thoughts:

If the class has a heavy armor, you need to give it a reason to go melee, so the Conjurer could use her ability to conjure a melee weapon, temporarily replacing her wand’s attacks with something new and powerfull.
The class would work on a burst mecanic: with a pretty low Atk/Dex stat, her damage should be similar to the priest’s, but when the ability is activaded, it would be like a full Atk warrior dps.

All of her abilities should have a good down time to respect the “burst” idea, no permabuff here. Like a 5 sec duration for 10 sec cooldown.
Tiered abilities would conjure a magical sword (more like a katana in stats), with 4 range, enemy pierce, armor pierce and 150% RoF (because it’s a sword made with magic so it passes through everything and it’s weightless)
Untiered abilites could conjure a different weapon, like a bow shooting 5 or 6 arrows; or an armor, so it won’t change your attacks but it would buff your Def, Hp and Vit for a few sec; or a ring, The ring, to make you invisble but hallucinating (and maybe weak ^^ ) for Precious seconds …

For the stats, maybe only 20 Def instead of 25, and 75 Spd to be able to go melee quickly and then retreat.

Finally, what about Conjuress? Does this word exist, I not really sure ^^ so I put Conjurer.

Heavy armor wand is not a good idea, that would be too broken for survivability

I can balance this:
Heavy armor
Wand
1000 max hp
50 max def
100 max vit
extra armor slot instead of ability
10 max atk
10 max dex

With stats like that man’s gonna be hitting like a flea

2 mercys+lumiare+crown=still worse dps than a 0/8 priest

2 BPlates + Deca = rip Knight

1,510 max hp wow

As for the idea, I’d say being able to switch between short-and-long range and having such massive gaps in damage would be kinda weird.

I can stay back and deal damage safely for the majority of the fight and rush in during dps phases for easy sb.

What you’re proposing is basically a class that can fill the roles of two seperate classes, and while it’s an interesting idea, it seems like it’d be a bit broken.

Maybe I’ve been too far comparing the dps of the ability with the dps of a warrior :slight_smile: but for the rest, well you can already stay safe with a tiered wand and then equip something more powerfull like the tyrant’s wand for easy dps phase.
And it’s the same for every class, the samurai, with an heavy armor and 30 base def, can stay safe with a ray katana and then rush with a celestial blade
So I don’t think the idea is broken, just need to adjust the numbers to make it balance after

Having UT’s to alter the playstyle of the class is one thing, but giving regular items the ability to so drastically change the classes functions is a bit of a reach.

I just wanna say that the idea for that ability sounds really fun! I don’t know about the rest because I haven’t given it too much thought yet but an ability like that does seem very interesting. It would be nice if you built on it further.

Thank you :slight_smile: That’s what I wanted to do: something fun to play and dynamic.
Because abilities now are just a permabuff or something to spam to do damage or heal, I would like to see something new, changing a bit the gameplay.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.