The Cryptic Rift

Finally here.

I’m one month late on this, but really, who was waiting?

For the past year, I’ve been inconsistently working on a RotMG Dungeon Trilogy. This 50-page dungeon that I am presenting right now fits in the middle of the story. The prequel and sequel will be released afterwards.

Enjoy!

Final PDF Document (no animations)

Raw Google Document (with animations)

There is actually a secret at the end that gives a clue about the sequel.

And BTW, even though this IS technically a WIP, I put it in the Dungeons category. If you believe that the WIP category is more fitting, please move it! <3

Let me know if any of the links are not working.

IMPORTANT: Best of the Best nominations [finished]

This looks like a pretty promising dungeon C:

Love the fact its part of a trilogy, but I’m scared by the allusions to existing ‘lore’… looking forwards to seeing any unified story transpire, and if you can convince me that things like the Void Entity are in any way narratively interesting then my hat will go off to you.

Reality, Balance and Power are cool - love me some triple-bossfight action! Unrelated but I do feel like there are maybe too many debuffs flying around in the first bit of the dungeon though, and an uncomfortable amount of confuse in general for my tastes.

I see what you mean about it technically being a WIP… the document is a bit bare and some of the formatting is inconsistent, etc. I do feel like it will be a more hospitable read when more of the behaviors are filled in, and other cracks are patched.

I will return to it then!

OwO means a lot that puffagod is saying this!

The Void Entity’s story will most likely be revealed in the prequel.

Yeah, I’ll try to neutralize that soon!

is it a mistake that the blue ancient crystal keeper’s minions shoot green bolts?

Ah, I must have made a mistake while copying+pasting the shot format!

Is a very good idea need polishing. sprites are amazing and on papers seems a little too easy for the items but you probably envisioned differently then how i see it. would love to see after unity is out.

A couple edits for the Google Document:

• Less negative status effects

• Less but better loot (still really good though!)

• Blue Crystal Minions now shoot their appropriate blue-themed bolts

Couldn’t get to the PDF edits yet. Hopefully I’ll get around to that soon.

I don’t think any of you got it, so I’ll just reveal it here:

If you want to see it for yourself, scroll all the way down and you’ll see the faded words. They’re hidden in a light-gray font. How clever of me, right?

Quick Explanation of the Secret Texts

Oryx found out about the Marble Colossus’s construction way back. In defense, he created his own colossus - known in the text as “Code Iron”. After the heroes defeated the Marble Colossus, Oryx had no need for his creation, so he hid it in the Fortress of Despair - also known as “The Mourning Point”.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.