The Crystal Caverns: Another Dungeon By Sturky

most of the sprites aren’t great, mostly because the colors of your “gemstones” don’t look nice together.

this doesn’t speak “crystals” to me, it looks more like… Legos.
yes, all of the red/blue/yellow enemies are made of Lego. your “crystal caverns” look more like “the child’s playbox”. if you made every crystal the purple color instead of all these others, that alone would be a huge improvement. not perfect, but a lot better.

also Blasters have 4 walking frames, and the colossus has 4 walking and 4 attack frames. Rotmg doesn’t do that

Andradite Arrowheads:
a better T0 quiver

Black Prince’s Shield
waitwaitwaitwait that’s not a seal? that is probably the least shield-like shield I’ve ever seen. concept’s not bad

Morganite of Mimicry:
how in God’s name is this so heavily shaded while everything else in the entire document is so extremely undershaded? I don’t think you made this sprite to be honest. and if you don’t put a cooldown on that it really is broken, regardless of mp cost.

Serpent’s Head
spells really don’t have a cooldown. all abilities can’t be used in immediate succession because that’s the way it is, I’m guessing it’s either something they don’t have control over or it was added because leaving it out led to problems. either way, I don’t think this is possible. and even if it was, I doubt I would ever use it.

Remember how I said that I was the only one who worked on this dungeon? Yeeaaahh, my spritework isn’t exactly incredible, but overall, I think I have gotten better, which Is a good thing.

The Lost Halls would like to have a word with you.

I guess I just put more work into this item than I realized, and you may doubt it, but I did make that sprite, took almost 40 minutes cause I was using a color blender and the Damn Art Maker kept freezing on me.

Well a way I was thinking it could be tackled was that his first phase only has high damage output and Daze, so one of your team members could act as a decoy, staying in a single room just guiding him around, and remember how I said the " Organ " room could have a purpose? That’d be a pretty good arena don’t you think?

Well, the Crystal Serpent was kinda made to be a difficulty spike compared to the Colossus, and since both of them give valuable loot, It might just be in your best interest to not even face the Serpent, just nab an Attack and a Defense potion, possibly some high tiered gear, and get a chance at a cool shield.

erm, elaborate please

also that reminds me: so many people hate the sentry in the lost halls, but that at least can despawn. what makes you think that people are going to enjoy the crystal colossus charging around being equally angry and unkillable, yet never despawning?

on paper it sounds interesting, but i highly doubt anyone will enjoy it in practice

I think he was referring to the Marble Colossus’s “waking” animations and the Void Entity’s animations when emerging from the Pure Evil, when transforming into the MBC, Forgotten King, etc., and when it transforms into just its body.

That being said, having 4 attack and movement animations is very difficult, if not impossible. It, hypothetically, could be done, but would look very strange.

wait what

This is the highest I’ve ever seen atrapper rate anything not in Best of the Best

Licorice

I’d rate this 9/10

Could do a little more spriting work (as… stated above I guess) but it’s one of the most thought out ideas I’ve seen on the forums

I meant Glawi was the only one who knew about it for a long time, I informed you on the last day. Cause why not?

Ok fine then

One of the highest ratings.

To give me some required reading to do

He also gave The Hidden Laboratory a 7/10 as well, you need to look deeper my friend.

Awww >w>

Anyway, I like the event boss specially the spikes that stay forever around the map while you fight it, I like the fact that the map is random and all weird looking x3 however, when you first told me about this dungeon I thought everything was going to be (like it’s name implies) a crystal cavern and the only enemies I think fit with the name are the mass, the serpent, the charger and maybe the blaster, the other enemies are rocks with gems coming out from them which is cool but doesn’t seem to fit the dungeon itself but still is pretty cool nonetheless.
I like the quiver since it has super low mp cost so you can spam it a ton of times same with the spell, the prism is super good for trix since it places the decoy on cursor instead of letting it run away and go into a random place.
You won a golden Glawi coin :v

The mini quest monster looks pretty ugly

You know, you could at least try and be helpful with criticism.

yes

Okay, who asked you to be a douche with this? I spent hours on this and you just say it’s garbage, have some respect for other people, like seriously.

It sounds like you’re the one being exceptionally aggressive

Oof. That’s harsh. How do you expect Sturky improve if the criticism you give is worthless? No one can improve with that kind of feedback. Imagine if someone spent hours on a dungeon and the reply they got from the forums was “You know, you could at least try to make a decent dungeon.” They wouldn’t know what they did wrong and right, and it’s unhelpful and just mean.

That was in reaction to what the OP said to me

So, instead of providing the useful criticism he asked for, you directly insulted and mocked him. That’s not being very helpful, and that sure as hell won’t help him improve.

I’m not too sure on how I’m supposed to help someone improve on sprites? Like, tell them exactly where to put the blue pixel. Do it yourself, I’m not babying you through this.

Want me to identify everything I don’t like about it? I did.