The Death Thread

Actually, just BTW, lagg doesn’t come from the servers. All the “lagg” is produced by your computer. There’s a reason why people with better computers run the game better

Not all of it. Some of it is server side.
Citation: ice cave event massacre

Okay, but the majority isn’t.

Unfounded? How is the server code responsible for his death in this situation? He did not experience server lag. I cannot say the server code is perfect, nor can OP say the server code is bad due to the inaccessibility of access to the code, but we can make observances of it’s performance based on it’s effects. The situation described by this player does not merit the basis for server lag,

The testing servers crash because of new code on both the server and client side. It is the primary purpose of those servers, so that prod isn’t affected.

When such instances of code that is responsible for problems are unforeseen or occur within special circumstances, are when things go sideways. Such as excessive memory leaks within the client during the Wild Shadow era, or say much more recently with the aforementioned ice tomb debacle, the latter being server side. There are many instances of these events, although they’ve been tackled over the years. It may be inevitable to attempt to prevent, but it is precisely why the testing servers exist. Of course, when the Unity/C# port comes, much of the action script issues such as the still existent memory leak will be solved, but we will still be left with the server code.

That is to say, while it is not bad, nor perfect, some issues will remain. I don’t actually know if they fixed the issue with the ice tomb and large amount of players, but I would be foolish to call any set of programming infallible to any bugs, at any time, moving forward.

My rebuttal was against OP’s misplaced resolution, that his situation was result of bad server code.

22 posts were split to a new topic: Current state of the game

>August 2016
>May 2018
>November 2018

I think your ight, fam

I have a bunch in a folder. I don’t remember how most of these happened, so get ready for a photo dump.

Photo dump

Why are you still scrolling?

You need better hobbies if this is your idea of a fun time. Maybe stamp collecting?

I mean, you’re close

Edit: Didn’t think it’d actually work. Cool.

Can you please continue your discussion in a new thread.
Note sure if @nevov already wants to clean this up.

Suggest a name and i can do it for you.

Maybe something along the lines of Deca Disapproval…?
Otherwise, something Unity Port-related.

Looks like nevov actually moved this here so nvm.

Done. I’ll salvage out the Death pics from the other replies.
For the continuation of the general state of the game discussion, see: Current state of the game

Death posted by @GammaGamer amidst the other conversation.
GammaGamer if you wanted to repost it yourself here, I’ll delete my post after you do.

Yep, I know that one.

6/8 paladin (close to 8/8)
we just got in oryx’s castle, and i was in a crowd or minions, and i could tank it easy peasy, but i forgot about the brute giving the armor break, so i got instantly popped, got pretty steamed, but all is good now

Talwar

Nah, gives me the chance to like my own death. :wink:

Once I was a 0/8. It was really strong and had some t0 gear. I got killed by a god at level 1. Shame on you gods.

Time for a death dump again.

@Knugboi Hard counter to living: Oryx 2.

@Ohyear Oh, yeah! …actually, scratch that, I died.

@SJjrlolol Who’s lolling now?

@Dalleyd Nerf the Sun!

@Spacechim Blasted into oblivion because of stun mechanics.

@Marlofire, [@]Rylir, @ZygiuxYOLO A slutty, slutty tomb.