The DECA (Ring of Decades not the company) Problem

“you agree not to […] use software or automated agents or scripts to produce multiple accounts on the Deca Service”

Since you technically can’t access the game at all without some kind of software, you could interpret that line as a prohibition of making multiple accounts, even though its pretty clear that this is not whats meant

Deca has stated that they won’t ban for mules.

Technically, yes it is. It accesses your account using a client other than the official Deca client. However…

This is also rue. IIRC an update (to stop multiboxing?) broke Muledump and a patch was applied shortly after to allow it to work again.

The no mule thing allows them to ban additional accounts beyond he one that violated the rules. RWT mules or haxxors that hoarded their wealth on other accounts for example.

Peasants that can’t afford extra vaults or slots are safe enough.

[edit] And I just read Myanmerr’s response which says much the same thing. But I’ve typed this now so I’m leaving it here.

I feel like if OP did enough research to know that mules are TECHNICALLY against the ToS, they should know that they don’t get proactively banned.

Or he’s using the mule thing to prove a point that doesn’t exist…

Duping killed the amulet and if there was no duping then fame farming would have killed the amulet. I remember during the first massive duping craze amulets were all the way down to 2 DEF and Life was also 2 DEF. Everyone was 8/8 as all you had to do was a bit of farming for def in the Abyss and you were rich.

Everything was crazy cheap and then they killed amulets… happy days!

4 DEX I believe was my record ‘minimum’ price I bought an amulet for, during what I’m sure is that same worst time that you describe. 5 mins doing sprite worlds for what previously was a couple week’s farming to buy. Madness wasn’t it.

I laugh remembering one of my guildies who went on a year or two hiatus when 1 Vit was worth 2 or more Def, must’ve been pre-pets, so had all their ‘wealth’ in 100s of muled Vits, then came back and it had become like you couldn’t buy even 1 Def with 6 Vits.

Gotta move with the times! The economy as a whole hasn’t really had a major event in a long while. Sure, item prices continue to be depressed, and during a particular chest event GL selling whatever pot is in that dungeon, but I don’t think anything crazy has happened for a long time, rainbows 6:1 to 8:1 with life has stayed that way for quite a while, def/att 4:1 or 5:1. Overall pretty stable/stale.

Additional to the OP: thinking about Decades for this topic reminded me about how the HP tier is kinda slightly off wack, made a post about this here: T7 rings wtf? HP/MP tiers aren’t right. Had the T6 been done as +160 HP, Decades would’ve been +170 HP which yeah sure is still the best HP ring in a game where HP is the meta, but would’ve slightly lessened its cache. A minor problem!

I remember that. I would farm the Abyss for Vit and convert it to life. I had a couple hundred Life at any given time during those days. My wealth was always kept as life so when the bottom dropped out on Vit I was not affected.

A lot of people were keeping Amulets even though they were pretty much worthless. If you had some common sense you knew that Amulets were going to be removed from the game because no one was dying permanently anymore.

I know duping killed the (insert item that holds the most value in the economy), afaik that’s the point of this thread.

Not before post-Kabam pets. Sure, we had our Kalle’s at the time, but fame wasn’t as rampant as it is now.

And I’m not saying that duping is okay? If you read the thread that I linked to, you’ll get a better understanding of my worldview.

Sure, for some time this was possible, and this IS the effects of duping, but just because a dupe occurs, does not mean that there is only one avenue of action to take.

Which is why I took a break from the game roughly from Release 2 to Release 22.6.0

make a def a guarenteed drop in abbys again pl0x

Probably the second option. But as I already explained, unsoulbinding them while making sure that duping is no more would give us more freedom and keep players entertained for longer periods of time.

Where’s the downvote button, soulbounding decas is a dumb idea.

On a second note, just soulbound every item in the game with that logic and then it wont matter, make everyone work for every item they need is a terrible idea.

Just because they won’t ban for mules doesn’t mean that they support it. There’s a difference between not being against and being for.

Gotta disagree with this because I don’t believe that ogmur will be anywhere near 100 life or prot being near 25 life. You gotta think about it, many STs are basically as rare as whites and yet their value is still quite low cause of duping. Plus, even back when full ST pally set was tradeable, sure I’d feel good when I got a pixie or etherite, but whites always made me feel better, even if they were more common.

ST prices are low because they’re P2W.
UTs, if tradable, would most likely resemble the price guides of 2012/2013, rebalanced to fit today’s economy.

Just because something is allowed or supported, does not mean the company needs to publicly announce it. This is why governments write laws that ban or restrict your rights, and not list out every right you have. The player, or in my example, the citizen, is presumed to have all rights, sans those outlined in law, or the regular expression of the law.

Both Kabam and Deca have repeatedly contradicted themselves on the basis of whether key macros were allowed. However, you can deduce by the nature of the bans on such matters, what the official Deca stance was, without there being a public post about it.

Wholly agree on the whites. Even if it’s just got yet another Planewalker that’ll get left on the floor it’s still a beautiful thing that you stop and admire for a few seconds

It’s not about owning a white bag UT, it’s about getting that drop. Especially for the first time. Same with the ammy- it was about getting to that fame for the first time and strutting around like the god that you weren’t (then doing something spectacularly stupid and losing it, but anyway…).

Trading whites will ruin exactly that feeling just like it’s done to a lesser extent with the STs and he Deca. No-one should get a Deca and go “Oh, I’ll stick it on a mule and buy xxx ST with it at some point”.

This abomination, however: Eeeeewww!

The feelings you describe were not “ruined” when items were not SB. People still had all those feelings, but they could also save up and buy elusive whites that escaped them, by playing the game and farming. I have done hundreds and hundreds of snake pits, and I’ve never gotten a bulwark. This is not part of the intended game design set forth by Wild Shadow Studios. In the days of old, I could’ve saved up my life, been lucky and gotten whites from other places, and traded items in a healthy economy, for that bulwark.

But instead, it’s been almost a decade of playing to a fruitless endeavor. Will have the wait made it worth it?

No. My childhood is fleeting. Even waiting a year for an item sounds ludicrous when you have to start thinking about how to put food on your plate and pay your taxes.

I know I’m unlucky, an outlier, statistically speaking. I’ve seen light blue stars with that damned wand. I’ve gotten the mini-stheno skin five times over.

By all means, this game has provided countless hours of fun, but it used to be funner, when those rare drops used to mean something more than an item that holds space in inventories or vault chests. When RNG wasn’t the name of the game, wholly.

Bad idea. The drop rates of decas are so low from the crystals. They would disappear so quickly, making the item almost a shadow in maybe 3 months. Making them soulbound is also bad because UBHPs will become the new deca, and be duped just as much.