The DECA (Ring of Decades not the company) Problem

that’s a high quality meme

Soulbinding everything isn’t a good solution. As an old player, I really feel like I haven’t experienced even half of the good part of the game because everything is so rare imo. There are several old as hell whites that I still haven’t been able to get (tshot, for example) because I have a (real) life, and farming the same content all by myself almost makes me clinically insane even if I have the pots to buy the keys necessary.

When pots could be used to buy new white bags and STs that were, at the time, end game gear, my time spent felt truly rewarding and not like an infinite gamble roulette for items. Also kept me motivated to play at all times as no time was truly wasted.

I still dream of a day that DECA will SB everything that is tradable currently and catalog newly dropped items with IDs so we could have more freedom as to how we want to get those items without mass-duping and absurd inflation levels.

can you actually not? this is stupid. no offense

Old player my ass. Tshot isn’t old…
Also, I think the problem you’re pointing out isn’t at all between soulbound and not soulbound but just game design. Even if you could grind other things to eventually trade up to the thing you want, you’ll still have to continuously grind that other thing. No matter what, it’s gonna get boring because the game itself is repetetive.

Looks like a post from someone who is poor. Not everyone that has a lot of deca rings duped them and its likely that they merched or just use them to store wealth. Why would you punish your most dedicated playerbase?

Do you live in a cave? Tshot has been out for more than 2 years and I used it as an example.

Uh, ok?

This means you didn’t understand the problem. If they were tradable, I would know the price for the item I want and have a time estimate of how long it will take me to grind up and buy it - thus, no time lost or wasted (and you can choose whatever dungeon or area you like more to farm pots). On the other hand, as the game is now, if I want a LH white I need to keep spinning the white bag roulette with my spare time and hope that the RNG God blesses me with an item. LH giving me life pots in this case is absolutely pointless as I have no use for my actual infinite storage of potions.

They’re not. You’re thinking about mule dump, which although isn’t allowed according to the tos, nobody has been banned for it before afaik.

1. Deca also doesn’t want to piss off players. SBing one of the most established trading items would do the trick.

2. Decas still have trading value among players, whether deca likes it or not.

What is stupid?

but the game will still be repetetive and boring. It just means now there’s no randomness at all so wouldn’t it be even worse? No more high when you get a drop because you already know when you’re going to get it. It feels like this will only make the game even worse than it already is. Plus, right now, the only reason I play the game is to get whites I don’t already have. You remove that and I’m fucking gone

The creator of Muledump got permission from whatever company owned realm at the time, so they made an exception

Tradeable wealth is a very strange concept to speak about in today’s Realm when there’s nothing new ever being released to trade for. Beyond the point where you’re using it as a reserve to remax, is it even actually wealth? Or just hoarding?

There’s no difference between if you have 16x spare Decades Rings and 520x spares since Deca has shown zero signs that they are interested in returning to tradeable rarities, what would it even matter if all our ‘wealth’ was lost tomorrow.

A bigger problem with the Decades Ring is how it is a tradeable UT, yet they don’t wish to return to tradeable UTs? It’s bonkers logic. How can one UT (Decades) be okay for unsoulbound, yet another UT like say Expo or the mighty Snake Eye Ring be “the game will surely end if this item is tradeable!!”. Very bizarre situation, but Deca doesn’t seem to have the willpower to present a bold decision and face down whichever half of the “community” gets outraged – they’ve come up with an unsatisfying fence-sit on the old STs with having two versions of them, hence I’d suggest it is highly unlikely they’d soulbound Decades out of the blue.

Placing Decades into the new dungeon I’d guess is a) to increase hype on the place and b) to try and get people to clear. But it’s misguided because lazies are going to stay lazy. Sure it’s a nice drop for the clearers, but it ain’t gonna change lazies’ behaviour because they can simply buy the Decades if they want it.

To what @Leohe is saying: in the unsoulbound game, the high of getting rare items still exists. Because everything has a value it’s even directly obvious, since getting a Prot you might know: “yes! this is worth 25 life” or an Ogmur: “yes! 100 life in one bag!”. Sure the high of “thank god my search is over” isn’t there (unless you choose to PPE) but I can assure you getting rare items is still worthwhile, and the “meh” of getting useless whitebags is wiped out, since that crappy item is still worth X life to someone else.

Ring of Decades is basically just a t7 ring. It fits in with the red bag and, logically, should be treated like all new tops are.

I’m going to add something to this discussion: I dont know much about unity other than that its a whole lot less laggy, and a whole lot less buggy. Maybe that could help prevent duping.
Also, I read SOMEWHERE (in a post by one of DECA’s delegates. Sorry but its been a few months and I have NO idea where to find it) that there will be a drop counter implemented for every time a boss drops loot. This may be a tool for players to track their loot OR a fix for duping.
I don’t think this is a solution for duping because that would accumulate a lot of server side data but this may be something to discuss when it comes to the duping problem that has forced many items to be soulbound.

Also another thing I think should be discussed is

Do we think DECA would unsb items if duping is fixed once and for all? Or would they keep uts soulbounded so you have to buy keys and sts soulbounded so you have to roll the mystery box?

Ehmn , Deca made some tradeable skins for the example Slime samurai or Oryxmas skins…Decades must stay as well.

Slime skins were kabam era. Not sure about oryxmas

Oops its too early for reading

unless decas are soulbound then ubhp s would become new deca s so ggwp

ah yes the kabam solution, soulbound, wait, then sell in mysterybox’s.
why would a mmmorpg have an economy.
/thread

Having multiple accounts isn’t something Deca wants to encourage (because they want to sell char slots and vaults), but at the same time they must know that they can’t afford to strictly enforce a “one account per player” rule without losing the majority of their players.

It’s true that they’d rather have everyone buy keys and roll mystery boxes, but again, enforcing this as an absolute rule would kill the game.

Besides, they don’t want to bother touching the trading system and risking a big shitstorm when they can just let the players regulate the market themselves (like they’ve done since forever).

Honestly I think we’d be better off if Deca just made new items SB only for their first month after release. That way they’d still have people farming for it at first without it being a permanent bullshit SB roulette.

https://www.realmeye.com/player/baadguy

Mules are against the written ToS to cover the companies ass.

They allow mules

This is false

Muledump is not against ToS at all