The DECA (Ring of Decades not the company) Problem

The feelings you describe were not “ruined” when items were not SB. People still had all those feelings, but they could also save up and buy elusive whites that escaped them, by playing the game and farming. I have done hundreds and hundreds of snake pits, and I’ve never gotten a bulwark. This is not part of the intended game design set forth by Wild Shadow Studios. In the days of old, I could’ve saved up my life, been lucky and gotten whites from other places, and traded items in a healthy economy, for that bulwark.

But instead, it’s been almost a decade of playing to a fruitless endeavor. Will have the wait made it worth it?

No. My childhood is fleeting. Even waiting a year for an item sounds ludicrous when you have to start thinking about how to put food on your plate and pay your taxes.

I know I’m unlucky, an outlier, statistically speaking. I’ve seen light blue stars with that damned wand. I’ve gotten the mini-stheno skin five times over.

By all means, this game has provided countless hours of fun, but it used to be funner, when those rare drops used to mean something more than an item that holds space in inventories or vault chests. When RNG wasn’t the name of the game, wholly.

Bad idea. The drop rates of decas are so low from the crystals. They would disappear so quickly, making the item almost a shadow in maybe 3 months. Making them soulbound is also bad because UBHPs will become the new deca, and be duped just as much.

The only reason why Decas are duped so much is because they are the best hp rings in the game. Suppose that UBHPs are soulbound and Decas don’t exist. People won’t turn to duping exa hps because UBHPs are better than exa hps. There is lower demand for an inferior object.

wait how are you supposed to make them

You make them like how you made them, not like how Bert makes them

I mean like whats the automated way of making mules (if it’s not against RE rules to tell me).

A mule is simply a different account which means you need a separate email for each account.

I don’t think bulwark is that rare I get them every blue moon.

At any rate the problem is that hp rings are really the only rings worth using.

Even the hardest ring to farm in the game is technically worse than 190 extra hp.

There are so many armor piercing shots in the game nowdays.

Personally I don’t like soulbound because it’s just wasteful.

If I find a para hp I can pass it onto someone else who needs it.

I can drop some eggs and watch those blue stars run for pick them up.

I can give those life pots to newer players.

Passing items between players gives the game much more interaction and lets the good nature of others shine.

Yes and then UBHPs will be the best tradable hp ring in the game. Meaning these will be duped and not Exa Hps. (I don’t get why you mentioned Ubs) And even if people don’t dupe ubhps, they will become the new deca. After everyone dies with theirs, they have to get one if they do not have a better ring.

Youre wrong if u think that would destroy duping if the guys that sell dupes literally sell them to dupe uts aka sb stuff

I have always been a fan of HP rings.

I am not a fan of sb items but I understand the need for them. In order for me to become an advocate to make items unsb then DECA has to once and for all time make it so that duping does not exist

I really miss being able to drop things on the ground for people to pick up. Currently I think that T5 and higher drop only in SB bags. So if you want them used you have to trade players to pass them along. I won’t do that because then you become a target by all for free items. I don’t give free items but I would drop items/pots/wc tops into brown bags if I could.

STs are not P2W. The drop rates from the misery boxes are insanely low (probably matching the actual drop rates). There are probably more actually earned STs then there are earned from the misery boxes. However, duped STs probably outnumber both combined. Legit, check out any of those sites advretised by those shitty bots in nexus. There is no way that legitly earned STs, bought ot earned would be sold at those prices and whites aren’t going to become much more expensive. If whites weren’t soubound, you’ll soon find yourself able to buy a juggernaut for 5$ or less if you’re willing to break Realm TOS and truthfully, how would DECA know?

Secondly, theres almost no logical reason at all why DECA would support mules. Of course, there are things they don’t say they publically support which they do support but I highly doubt that mules is on that list. All it does is stop the requirement to pay money to get vault spaces. What benefit is that to DECA?

There is no benefit. Afaik, this is their policy: Hyperlink

Such websites existed before, and exist now, except that they now sell STs. There is nothing truly different between STs and UTs, Kabam just soulbounded the UTs, and made tradable “UTs”., that could either be earned or bought. And this led back to duping. Which was the first reason why Kabam did what they did. Under this logic, Deca should soulbound all STs, and release DecaT’s, which can be earned or bought. Ad infinitum.

Again, the issue of duping should be tackled instead of trying to circumvent the symptoms of duping. I would personally achieve this by implementing an item ID system similar to that of WoW, but others have suggested other solutions programmatically.

It isn’t supposed to be rare. However, drop rates used to be less common circa 2011 - 2012. After the great sundering of 2013, Kabam changed white drop rates to become more common, in most dungeons and in god lands, however the snake pit was untouched. Therefore the drop chance was last confirmed to be observed as 1 in 400.

This value is no longer certain, as Kabam, and now Deca, has had time to sit on the code and modify it without leaks of up to date values. The closest thing we have to evidence, is player compiled data, which is barely trustworthy at best. So I shall fall back on the 1/400 chance for the rest of this post.

When dealing with statistics, you have to remember that if something occurs 1% of the time, replaying that event 100 times does not guarantee you that 1%, even though the percentage adds up to 100. In my, unlucky case, I’ve run the dungeon hundreds upon thousands of times, without the bulwark dropping. Let’ say that I’ve run it 3k times. By probability, I should have about 7 by now. But it is not guaranteed to me to drop, so my luck stands outside of some standard deviation, but it’s not outlandish. Now, if somehow, I’ve completed 4 million snake pits, and haven’t gotten one, either I’m a plaything for some trickster entity, or something is wrong with quantum mechanics as we understand it today.

This is a subjective statement based on your preferred playstyle. Not all rings need to have hp to be useful.

Subjective. The “hardest ring to farm” is subjective. Based on player skill, and effort expended to get an item, an Omni ring could be the hardest ring, while to others, the ring for the bee ST set could be it, etc. “technically worse” is also subject. You’re still assuming that your personal bias of HP being the most useful stat to gameplay is law.

Perhaps, but evasion is better than getting hit in all situations. Speed, in some situations, is a far better stat in a skilled player’s character, than HP.

You’ll have to further explain your statement.

Which is a nice thing to do. I’ve certainly given gear to less fortunate players. I’ve even given away plenty of Deca rings in my lifetime. And when whites were tradable, giving players sprite wands weren’t unheard of (Sprite wands used to be good).

I probably should’ve quoted all of this together… See above.

That is one avenue yes, but I’d propose that a stable economy is also important to the health of the game as it ages.

I like how you noted that under my logic, DECA should SB all STs cause isn’t what they’re doing right now? I agree they should fix the system but until then, I don’t see why we can’t at least temportaty SB decades.

I’m recalling the Ice Cave event when Ogmur was a lootable item and people were falling over themselves to get ahold of it, or how this week in the 2x loot chance Lotlls would die in 5 seconds despite HP scaling as people scrabbled for their chance.

Definitely duping still not being fixed is a gigantic effect on item worth, so it would be entirely crazy to go unsb with this problem still going on, but anyway lets not get tied up arguing about theoretical life values, the general point holds true, and I clearly remember from the days of unsb that people did still go berzerk getting a wb, shouting in chat, they took screenshots, loot compilation, there was a whitebag thread on the forum, etc. and rates were even lower than now to balance things out, so getting one was even more of a ‘lucky’ feeling. There really is nothing to fear from that game model, it’s just different.

I feel like we’ve fallen away from the point, but I think I agree Deca should (logically) also soulbound all the STs and Decades if their model is for a soulbound UT game – but the bizarreness is they aren’t doing that with the STs, they’ve made these new versions and so are allowing a continuation of (some) arbitrary UT trading through Legacy Pixie/Etherite/etc, and those Kabam-era STs only even exist because Kabam chose to make those ones first. Honestly Deca should have simply given a month’s warning, then soulbound them to match their own STs and all the other UTs. And hey nothing would sell vaults faster than the thought that you’ll need some space for a bunch of items going soulbound! :money_mouth_face:

Because that’s what Kabam said initially, that they were only temporarily soulbounding them. A day turns into a week, into a month, into permanency. It became more economical to them, to forget about the issue, and release P2W content to bandage the situation.

I’m not saying that Deca is Kabam on a 1:1 basis, but some parts of Deca are derived from the older Kabam ideology. Maybe they would fix the issue, but with the content they’ve been focused on, and the unity port, I’m not sure they’d even be able to.

Wild Shadow Studios created this game with the notion of unsoulbound UTs. Kabam did not have the idea to suddenly soulbound UTs, they initially only did it to stop duping, and fix the issue. They did not fix the issue, and out of laziness, kept the soulbound permanent, then released STs, which were tradable, could be bought through loot boxes, and could be duped. When Deca acquiesced this game, I saw no mention of their preference or goals with soulbounding, frankly I don’t think they cared / knew of the situation.

Because they’re stuck between a rock and a hard place. Personally I don’t think they grasp what the soulbound issue consisted of, as it was before they even knew what the game was. They have ownership of a game with active duping and constant breaking of the ToS, and items that the previous owner implemented which makes them money through the ‘misery boxes’. They know that soulbounding those STs would crash what’s left of the economy, and anger a lot of the player base, but as far as I’ve seen they’re actively trying to prevent duping. Instead of curing the symptom, they’re going for the illness, but I think their main opponent is the server code. There is no easy solution to implementing an anti-cheat into this game as it stands, but Deca has tried to prevent some methods of duping. This is observable in many changes through out the patch notes within the last few years. From preventing trades during Oryx Shake, to killing multibox accounts, to actually preventing one method of duping. Still, there exists more methods out there, of which I haven’t the slightest technical notion of, though I know that they exist.

Their efforts are not unfounded. You can clearly see it, the price of Deca rings have been steadily rising as the seemingly infinite stockpiles of decas have dwindled. Players with the right knowledge or hack (I don’t know of which), are still able to duplicate items, but the majority of companies who have run and controlled the economy with illicit, illegal RWT, are feeling the effects of Deca’s pursuit.

Is… is this sarcasm? If it isn’t I vehemently disagree with this plan of attack. If it is, which I’m leaning to, since we’ve held similar opinions in the past, and your emoji use outlines perhaps a comedic irony… Ha ha?

Au revoir

It isn’t sarcasm (I think). His point is that the better business move for Deca would have been to give a warning, selling more vaults and allowing more people to prepare for the change.

What economy?