"The Decoy Problem"

I’m not saying that Trickster is overpowered and needs a nerf. The part I’m addressing to OP’s post is how Trickster’s only value comes from its decoy and decoy only, whilst other classes have tons of utility:

Since DECA is deciding to make more bosses immune to the trickster’s decoy, much like how major debuffs not working on bosses, I’m trying to provide alternative solutions that can make the class still viable.

While trickster is a difficult class to use, OP also claimed that the majority of the community mastered the art of prisms as well. Since new stuff added and reworked in the game is geared towards endgame players, difficulty of a class shouldn’t be a priority, especially when taking into consideration the glass cannon wizard endgame players use, due to its weakness of being vulnerable not mattering much with skill.

The knight also has to exploit the time it has when the enemy is stunned to do it’s damage. But it has the lowest dps stats out of all the swords? And it doesn’t have the dps buffs that the other swords have? Defense doesn’t matter as much in the endgame either. But despite that people still play endgame knight because they have viable dps shields like buckler and escuhon, and powerful debuffs like ogmur. If knight only had stun ability and a bunch of mediocre UTs, no one would play knight.

And what was my suggestion for trickster? More utility. If it still had almost maxed dps stats along with more utility than assassin or rogue, people wouldn’t even touch the other dagger classes (i mean, more than they already aren’t anyways). It would become a better solo than rogue, whose entire point is to be a solo class. Trickster could fulfill becoming the ultimate utility dagger class, using debuffs and other types of tricks to help the group.

This might not be the proper thread to discuss this in full, but it does remind me of a question that has loomed about my mind for some time now. There’s a sizable stack of things that need balancing and fixing, but what is actually the most important thing(s) to tackle first for the game? Because I think that we all can see things that have had to be rebalanced more than once in previous years because other changes were put into effect, disrupting the balance (sometimes in unprecedented ways, I know).

There might be practical options like the monumental process of redoing the game’s coding again with a better system for stability and less limitations on in-game mechanics because of coding, as DECA admitted to it not being a server problem, but as far as actual game design/mechanics, what’s an order you guys suppose would be most important to address first?

The thought that triggered this in the first place was on the mention of MP boosting from pets being introduced. To take a weak example, abilities (and by proxy, weapons to a degree) would be balanced differently if pets stopped using Heal/MHeal, as would current and future bosses (and yes, a critical buff to vit and wis would be needed to accommodate this new era, but that’s not the point). But powercreep keeps a ton of content near irrelevant in our modern playerbase. And so much work seems to be put into making something newer, exciting and possibly even more ridiculous for the endgame… and yes, there’s been some lesser content added, which is appreciated! But it’s not just weak players running them, and most “weak” players can access more than enough getting carried by the overpowered community’s fighting capabilities. That’s just another example of something that has a large effect on how balancing can and does affect things.

I have more on my mind, but quite frankly, I’m having trouble concentrating enough to finishing this and still making sense, plus the question still remains. :slightly_frowning_face:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.