The final Samurai class you need to look at (with sprites omg)

So in order to keep the game fresh we need more than just skins and dungeons. A lot of people have been designing new characters based on the Samurai. I think this should be the next class based on the fact that the Ninja, the last class ever released, is the currently the only class with an exclusive weapon, the Katana. Also Samurai are pretty cool… Whether or not Samurai historically used katanas as their primary weapon or whatever, doesn’t really matter to me. For the sake of giving use to the RotMG katana then the RotMG Samurai will use katanas.

Lighter mask because people weren’t comfortable with dark skinned faces, swords now dual wielded.

Overview: The Samurai is a high risk, high reward class. He can tank, rush and deal damage. However, while the possibilities are strong, they only work in the right hands.

Weapon : Katana
Pretty basic…

Armor : Heavy Armor
(We shouldn’t have to go out of our way to make a new type of armor. Cloth armor would be too inappropriate for the ability I’m about to mention anyways. Also we are on the topic of Samurai…)

Ability : Parry

The Samurai’s ability is different from all abilities in the game. You can only place katanas in the Samurai’s ability slot. While equipped with a katana he he gains the parry ability as well as it’s values, based on tiers of the katana.

Upon activating the parry the Samurai stops attacking and becomes immune to damage and debuffs for a short moment. If he absorbs a debuff he immediately attacks with his katana, this projectile stuns everything it hits. 1.If the stun hits any entity he gains berserk and armor piercing for a short period. 2.If the stun hits the specific entity which spawned the debuff projectile, he gains speedy as well. If the Samurai does not absorb any debuff, or his stun attack misses all entities, he becomes slowed and dazed. The stun projectile is equal to that of the ability katana projectile.

While the first part of the ability is used for dps, the 2nd part is used for rushing dungeons or speeding up to events. However, failure with either ability will leave you in recovery.

T0-2 Katana = T1 Parry | invuln-0.05s |Stun- 1.2s |Berserk 1s Speedy-1s |Armor Pierce-0s
T3-4 Katana = T2 Parry | invuln-0.8s |Stun- 1.7s |Berserk 1s Speedy-1.5s|Armor Pierce-.5s
T5-6 Katana = T3 Parry | invuln-0.12s |Stun- 2s |Berserk 1.5s Speedy-2s|Armor Pierce-1s
T7-8 Katana = T4 Parry | invuln-0.15s |Stun- 2.4s |Berserk 2s Speedy-3.5s|Armor Pierce-1.5s
T9-10 Katana = T5 Parry | invuln-0.18s |Stun- 3s |Berserk 2.5s Speedy-4s|Armor Pierce 1.8s
T11-12 Katana = T6 Parry | invuln-0.2s |Stun- 3.5s |Berserk 3s Speedy-4.5s|Armor Pierce 2s

The slow and daze effect from a failed parry is as long as the stun effect on the ability katana.

Base Stat Cap
Att 60
Dex 60
Spd 55
Def 30
Wis 50
Vit 40
Mana 252
Life 770

Final Words edit :
I wanted to bring a little fun mechanic to RotMG. Something with a high skill cap for once. However, I didn’t expect the RotMG players to be Minecraft coders and Nintendo artists. Before I abandon this post I just want to explain some things.

1. It is a parry. It is supposed to be rewarding. A small stun, mini warrior helm and armor pen is nothing.
    It’s a katana class with 60/60 att dex, not very strong for it’s range.
  2. High risk high reward- very small window to do what you have to, counter a debuff projectile. Mess up and you get slowed and dazed.
  3. It is similar to the knight and warrior, except it doesn’t replace either one of them.
  4. No, using 2 katanas wasn’t my laziness, google search samurai and you’ll see multiple of them with 2 katanas… It is a parry, the guy isn’t going to use a book, or a helmet or an item…
  5. The sprite is dope and I had fun in rotmg art maker.
  6. I still like it and any pointless criticism will be ignored.

The Shogun (Original Class Idea)

really? i dont see any sprites for the teired parries.
also missing base base and incriment of increase. Also could use ut parry. Also parry is an action, maybe a noun would be better

i feel there is just a clusterfuck of status effects that happen with tons of different situations

what did i hit a sour spot? you were like “oh fck! he is totally right, but that would be too embarrassing so lets just comment on his spelling and ignore his points?”

ok well the parry animation when i get around to it i’ll add it and for ut katanas well uh you can’t use them. increments dont really matter who really plays characters pre lvl 20 for more than 10 minutes anyways and for average level 20 stats uh ill just copy the ninja for dex attack speed and like many other chars itll take 20 vit and wis average to max ok great.

oh i wasnt thinking animations, but more sprites for the actual ability when you equipt it on your character.[quote=“Bamcee, post:5, topic:11426”]
increments dont really matter who really plays characters pre lvl 20
[/quote]

._.

well ok

This ability seems like you just picked a bunch of buffs out of a hat and slapped them all together. There are just so many status effects. Then, to make it even better, you couldn’t be arsed to make the ability sprites yourself, so you just said your Samurai will equip 2 katanas. I don’t mean to sound rude, but I’m just being blunt with you.

The player sprite doesn’t seem bad, though.

I’d rate this 3/10. It seems unoriginal (I’ve seen a few classes where a weapon is the ability), poorly-made, and somewhat lazy.

Sure, but only if I can see ideas by people that use proper punctuation:

This is a classic run-on sentence.

Samurai’s are a huge turn off at this point.

Only thing interesting I found in this idea (and don’t get me wrong it really does seem very interesting) is a rudimentary implementation of dual wielding. This could actually be an idea on its own - allow for classes to hold a weapon in ability slot which would grant different bonuses and have drawbacks as well.

Ofcourse it would need to be something radical otherwise what’s the difference between an ability and a weapon in the ability slot?

I’m just rambling here…

last samurai idea is TOO LIT

1. the sprite is hideous

2. name it something else. Samurai is far too close to ninja.

ok i don’t know who organized a little braille artwork for you, he did a poor job because that sprite is dope.

Holy fuck do u want them to never code this shit in the game make it a bit realistic that would take a long time to make.

Before I even scrolled down, I thought to myself “The Samurai class should just be a tank version of the Ninja, as it should wear the same armor as Warriors and Pallys and Knights.” SUCH a MAGNIFICENT idea for a new class! DECA should SERIOUSLY consider doing this! <3 <3 <3

it’s a samurai his mask isn’t going to be pink? you’ve added nothing besides your racist remark…

If you would like for me to proofread your posts, I’ll gladly do so.

As for your “new” Samurai class, I’m going to say that the ability concept, while it has been used before, isn’t bad, and you laid it out in a decently organized way. But I just don’t like the idea of a character not having an actual, set ability. That’s just me though.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.