The General Chat Thread v2

It’s good to hear a small bit of trouble has departed from the dev side of things, but part of my gripe is the irreparable damages of the past that shaped the player culture.

TLDR, the change in the player culture made the game stale for me, something that the devs can’t fix, only moderately influence.

I know that there are obviously enough people who enjoy the raid side of things, otherwise the game would really be dead. But I enjoyed interacting with players in a more casual manner… I wasn’t quite as worried about being able to solo content as much as experience it with other players in inefficient ways, if that makes any sense.

Everything is so powercrept, both from dev influence and player experience from age/raids, and I think most of all is this mind-numbing, unaltered traditional way of going about everything, to the point of hostility towards deviations on occasion. Silly little things like always taking the right path of blocks to get to Oryx’s stone statues. I know examples like this have been that way for years now even, but, yeah. It really feels like aimless wandering in a long conquered realm with dungeons feeling either too hard/long to solo reasonably, or lootbox speedruns. There hasn’t been an adventurous feeling with the game for me in a long time.

Hopefully taking a long break without paying much attention to updates may allow for some momentary neat experiences, but I don’t think the players will ever change. Long gone are the days where white bags were just shiny bonuses in a sea of tiered equipment, and you’d better believe many players are going to have the new content down to a science by the time I show up.

Here’s hoping to a better Realm, but it will take a lot to impress me (not that I’m some standard to hold by, mind you). I just wish the players were different.

(I realize reflecting a few minutes later that I was tired and grumpy for external reasons when I typed this, so I probably didn’t really say quite what I meant, lacking context and reasoning. Ah well)

hopped on for the first time in ages to see this <3

Guys… I’m #1

ight i might be re-addicted image

The “ok boomer” thread closed…

ok boomer

I know right? Its so sad!

what on earth is going on with the economy?

Game economy? Ever since Oryx’s Sanctuary introduced, it greatly depreciates Life and Mana’s value. Because players raid such dungeon often, they became more common.

In addition, the amount of reward given on exaltation dungeons are much greater than say… GLand dungeons to the point that a good number of players are not willing to farm rainbows.

Because of this, some players are willing to overpay for rainbows (eventually many others follow this suit), it was to the point that rainbows (especially Wis/Vits) worths way more than Life/Mana.

Wow, that’s an old face… yeah, what Sakura said. There hasn’t been an economy in years; even besides the pot situation, the gear has been powercrept hard, as Discord raids in particular made rare items more accessible.

Even without the Discords, players have grown older from the kids they once were, and have more experience with the game. I’m sure said powercreep would still have existed in an alternative situation

rotmg drug therapy failed

Oi

:3

Long time no see Herwin how ya been?

should i download this game on my pc or nah

Sure

They just announced the reworked Realm today (mixed feelings with what I see), but I’m so going to wait to poke my head in for anything serious until then, personally. I don’t know if what currently exists would captivate you for long should you choose to download it

ah shoot finally reworked realm, that could be cool. i was just talking with my brother last night about the good old days and it tempted me :sob:

did they increase drop rates for returning players? my brother and i both got white bags within 30 minutes of playing this game again for the first time in years