The General Chat Thread v2

Sakura, I believe he wanted to message you that directly to keep it private and avoid making a scene here. Please don’t try to make your point to him by exposing it to all of us. You can tell him “no” on your DM thread.

What?

To me, cloaking my Realmeye is just going to make more dudes turn their heads to my account, leading more harassment to me and will ended up losing the enjoyment of the game.

No one’s looking at your realmeye, and no one is gonna harass anyone for having it privated, with the exception of you constantly complaining about people privating their realmeye

Most players have it hidden. No one will question you on it and if they do who cares it’s very normal to be hidden these days.

Fair enough, carry on then…

have a weird story for anyone interested in this sort of thing:

I’m currently working on writing up the personas for the next realmafia game and my google docs was getting all kinds of fucked up. basically, after a few minutes of typing some other section of text would either turn invisible or become bolded as I typed.

highlighting invisible text would reveal it again so it wasn’t like I was losing progress, but it would make another chunk become invisible instead. refreshing the page would fix the current visual bugs but they’d start reproducing again after a few more minutes. I restarted chrome and it made things go away long enough for it to look permanent, until I started getting even weirder visual bugs:

what%20is%20this
this%20is%20spooky

the purple triangle also briefly appeared on top of the blue square but it vanished again before I could grab a screenshot. I went to show this new information on discord because I was talking about it there, and suddenly discord wasn’t accepting any images I uploaded as if I had seen something google didn’t want me to see and were sabotaging me or something. I restarted my computer and things went back to normal, as well as all my failed uploads getting spat out again which accidentally flooded chat.

it was very weird, I can’t imagine what in google docs could cause that kind of stuff to happen out of nowhere.

This is weird. Can you try selecting the text and making it a different colour and thickness.

I have the cool star color now
Am I cool yet?

I honestly don’t know anymore. :confused:

If any of you grew up playing with Bionicles, please vote for them in the Lego 90th Anniversary fan vote!

I grew up with Bionicles, not just the sets but also the comics, movies, and even books! I was obsessed with the lore for years, and I spent countless hours building new characters with my friends and discussing where they came from in the Bionicle universe. We talked about Bionicles at school, I eagerly awaited the comics in the monthly Lego magazine, and we even dressed up as Bionicles for Halloween one year.

Even if the set does not have original Bionicle pieces, as I understand that would be a long shot, getting a set that represents that amazing worldbuilding and storyline would be a dream come true! I would proudly display it in my home, just as I displayed my individual sets on my closet shelf when I was 12 years old.

The link to vote is at the bottom of this article:

P.S. I expect many of you are a bit too young to have been around for Bionicles, but we would appreciate your votes, too :grin:

Edit: You guys go show your support, I will ask my mom to dig up a photo of me dressed as a Bionicle for the “Post Pictures of Yourself” thread.

Lego lord of the rings was what type my siblings were obsessed with when we were young. I never really had Bionicles though

Damn I had one of the movies and some of the sets… I remember crying on the floor, asking my dad for one I had set my eyes on aha. I was obsessed with a ball launcher thingy or something like that I think.

had plenty of bionicals but I had TONS of these

Thank you so much for bringing this to light!! Greg Farshtey’s Bionicle encyclopaedia was the scripture of my early childhood, that lore was amazing and such an inspiration! I still remember all my favourite sets too. Vote Bionicle everyone!! :smiley:

image This was something Wilhuff uploaded on the forums a little while back. I loved what I read about that universe, but that’s the extent of it. It’s not that the other mediums for that franchise were bad, perse, but they were far less epic than they could’ve been.

Wistfulness aside, I did grow up owning a couple of the toys before I ever knew what they were! My brother and I had recently been exposed to Transformers where we were very young by a friend and his father, who literally owned nearly 200 of the toys. Me, shopping for some of those a little while later, saw Bionicles being sold, and thought they looked amazing as well! My brother bought Skrall, and I bought one who’s name I now forget, and we used them in a very complicated turn-based combat game we’d made up with the figures, since they all had removable parts. I’d discovered the lore later, but mostly after the franchise was waning; alas!

(Also, it look like Bionicles ended up taking first on the website! : D)

There were two rounds of voting! One to narrow it down to the top 3 themes (which Bionicle won) and one to be the final vote (still on-going, link at the bottom of the article above!) We still would appreciate your vote!

This guy is literally better at rotmg with a steering wheel than I am normally

Glowing recommendation to the game Valheim

Thats all just go check it out.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/892970/Valheim/

Reworked docks has a pirate slurp enemy (different from Scallawag slurp) and a cute pirate penguin in a boat enemy too :open_mouth: