The General Chat Thread

Goodbye realm hello subnautica
just came out yesterday :o didn’t even realize

that looks amazing - - -

Spotted a wild Sil5x.

okay played the new subnautica for about 2 hours made some good progress. Also learned that dark areas with strange noises are no bueno almost had a heart attack, lesson learned.

Waking up to over a dozen posts in the moderation queue is not how I wanted this morning to begin.

Please allow me to clear the air on a few things.

Please understand, I am not trying to claim that you’re not being bullied—you’re certainly reacting as if you are (believe me, I would know—I was your age once), and I have no reason not to believe you. And a note to everybody going forward—and I can’t believe I have to explicitly say this, but apparently I do, so here it is:

And I make that same offer to all of you. [Why? Because that’s my job. OB]

The simplest fact of the matter is that as a forum mod, it is not my responsibility to deal with what happens in Discord, or the subreddit, or anywhere else. You can be damn certain that I will help you if something happens HERE…but if there is harassment or bullying happening in other online communities, I cannot help or protect you. As a result, complaining here about things that happen elsewhere is largely a futile effort.

I know that’s disappointing to read. That was disappointing to write, too. Still, that’s the reality we deal with.

However, that does explain what I’m seeing. People are largely being polite to you here — they may be offering a perspective that isn’t quite pleasant to see, but that is their perspective and they’re largely being polite about it HERE. And inwardly, I suspect they know that they have to be polite to you here because I will ban their ass if they aren’t. [Why? Because that’s my job. OB]

And again, the above offer is not directed solely to @Ickabod, but I extend that to all of you. I have no patience for harassment or bullying. I might not be able to help you in other online communities, but I have no patience for that here.

And on that note…

-takes deep breath-

Yes. Yes, I am also a subreddit mod. However, reddit.com is blocked by my workplace firewall so I am largely inactive there. As a result, there are more appropriate subreddit mods with whom you can address these issues.

If you’re dealing with issues on the subreddit, you are welcome to address them to me on reddit at u/otherbill, but please don’t bring them here. And please be patient over there.

I have no idea what “keep them” means in this context. Again, if this refers to forum activity, feel free to send me a RealmEye PM with screenshots and/or URLs; if this does not refer to forum activity, there’s not much I can do.

There. I think I’ve said my peace.

If any of you have any questions about this, feel free to send me a RealmEye PM, and I’ll be happy to elaborate in private.

The Regular Bridge

Denver omelettes, with ham, peppers, and onions. Good weekend breakfasts when I’m not in a rush to get off to work.

(And welcome to the Forums, @Charlotte!)

hi @otherbill how are you on this fine day

also please dont purge this drama as i am currently reading it thank you

BREEEEEEEEEEE

is it just me, or are the standards for item design MUCH higher on RE than on the hellhole Reddit haha get it because its a hell hole ooh look that rhymed

Because Reddit barely has any item designs?

S M U G D A N C I N G

yep, havent seen the ideas for a long time, but they dont care about implementation, balance, usability, flaws or anything.

and yea ive only seen a few ideas, and most tend to be classes/dungeons. And the good ones are usually posted here too.

this is interesting, how does one get an offtopic flag on a thread meant for off-topicness.

[That’s how I mop up DramaTM when it gets all over the bathroom floor. At least off-topic flags won’t prevent you from getting Regular status. OB]

oh well better than other flags i guess.

[Indeed. OB]

Awful class today

nothing against any of these peopel though

Would a half-shown nipple count as nudity and earn me a one-way ticket to Flagville…?
Asking for a meme.

If you have to ask you probably shouldn’t do it

Spilled over from This is How We Roll:

I design and verify components that go into a very popular line of smartphones.

[Stay in school, kiddies! OB]