The General Chat Thread

Ninja skin

THe Phantom Archer skin wasn’t finished for testing I believe. It’s in Niegil’s latest leak thread.

I love the Raijin set skin, looks awesome~

This on the other hand…I don’t seem to be a big fan of it hah

IX

Capture1

To prevent derailment in unsuited threads…
I originally was a pass/walker (literally translated, idk how it’s formally called >_<), so I mostly had to stick to the left side of the field.
Then our new trainer switched up a bunch of our positions, so now I’m a mid. Unfortunately I barely ever get any offensive setups because we have this one guy who’s slightly taller than me, and is pretty good at doing a ‘stijg’ - which is where he smashes the ball instantly downwards the moment it reaches its (low) apex.

Isn’t that called a spike in English?

I guess so, yeah - though a spike seems like more of a general term for smashing a ball downward at a sharp angle. In this specific case, the ball is setup just above the net, to be immediately hit.
It’s pretty tough to pull off, and really hard to recover from if you mistime it.

I think it’s called a libero. Also it sounds like you play more than just one spot other than just a hitter and a passer. (Correct me if I am wrong)
Also, it’s cool to see another volleyball player on forums.

Fake white star?

Libero is called the same here, and no, I did still have the legal capability to attack with a smash, and stilll do .w.

haha libido, thats the sex thing

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

View hidden content.

Nice try but when you get flagged you get the little orange “edit” in the topright

A Google search suggests that this might be called a “middle quick” as stijg seems to mean “rise” and from what I know a middle quick means the ball is still moving upwards when it’s spiked

I’m not an expert at volleyball tho :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: browsing on /r/volleyball yields a question about international volleyball jargon. A Dutch user /u/GloryQS says:

How long has ggaodzilla been suspended? and how did it happen?

Rip him :frowning:
I’m a little delusional tonight.

[lul - Shatter]