The General Chat Thread

1. Seriously?
  2. That’s really rude and disrespectful.
  3. Fuck off.

Given that they have a username like that already tells me that they don’t possess the ability to be mature about a one day delay out of respect for others

WildShadow beat me to the punch on that one.

So that’s what you were talking about! So stupid that he’s downplaying the deaths of nearly 3000 people. These kinds of monsters should honestly burn in hell. Way to be addicted to a videogame

Nah, doesn’t work as a Cave Story reference. You could still make it.

I got some drawing stuff so I drew a happy smiley earth

Squee's Art Squabble

so basically i made a whitelisted minecraft smp server

not really a friends server but for people i know or people the people i know know

also paid hosting so it should be up 24/7 at 20 tps unless a ton of people get on at once
i had a textwall i was writing but it felt wrong posting it after campfires so i’ll just do this instead

edit: joining the discord is how i whitelist people basically, makes things easier to manage

verify me

Of course, this dude’s argument is probably “there are other people that die too, and you never commemorate them”

not all at once smh

and not in a terrible act of hate

No doubt this guy was trolling, or at least being a dumb edgelord. Who the fuck cares when an event starts as long as everyone gets a shot at farming it?

However, you guys can’t deny that this is more about catering to the majority than it is about paying respects to victims of terrorist attacks. Can you imagine how that would turn out if Deca gave a shit about Iraqi players, for example? They’d never be able to run events because every other day would be commemoration for Terrorist Attack Number Five Gazillion and Nine.

Seriously, why did you think there were Thanksgiving promotions and not, I don’t know, Polish holiday promotions or something? if not for the impetus to always prioritize the majority of customers?

I don’t mean any disrespect to the dead. Just saying maybe you shouldn’t act like your country is the only one to have ever suffered because of terrorism.

I thought thousand treasures was a Kabam dungeon released with Ninja?

I guess you could that argue the chance that someone in the realm community lost someone at 9/11 is quite high and it would be disrespectful towards them to start the event on 9/11.

Always wondered what the “intensity” of the phrase 911 has outside the Americas. Same goes for the nword, maybe some EU or AE players could enlighten us.

I mean, I haven’t really encountered anyone who doesn’t know about 9/11. Except that here we’d call it 11/9 :sweat_smile: dd/mm/yyyy format and such. It’s not really a thing that comes up that often I suppose, but afaik we do acknowledge it in the UK.

I’ve also never really heard anyone use the n word, the only few times everyone was pretty serious about it, and I personally don’t like the use of the word by anyone.

I was more going for emotional reaction. Like I mayknow about xxx event, but not have any personal connection to it. Or like how bloody is profane in the uk but I didn’t find out until I was like 13 or so (ty Harry potter)…

There is a bit of majority-catering going on, but that makes sense; if the majority of your players are from the US, it would make sense to focus on US-related holidays and events rather than try to honor holidays and special occasions from all around the world, given just how many there are. I’m not saying that I agree that an America-centered model for events is a good idea (I would like to see some representation for other cultures), but it makes sense from a logistics standpoint.

At the same time, 9/11 is a remembrance of a day when 3000 people lost their lives in a coordinated attack. This event also occurred in the lifetime of many players, and as @Mynamerr pointed out, there are undoubtedly players who were personally affected by what happened.

Not to mention that the event DOES involve destroying towers, which is a coincidence that many players would likely make jokes about.

OH MY GOD STUPIDITY IS ALIVE I’ve missed you :c

@Stupidity wtf where have you been

no please ! i just want to try it