The General Chat Thread

But it has not been too much time since I started chatting and stuff, used to just read

I get that, but what’s the point in having so many moderators when they all are mostly inactive…
The only other person I’ve seen active lately was @Stupidity but that is it. Like last year @OtherBill Was active, but what happened to him? I get they have lives, just imo you could get some help… I know it’s not my place to tell you this, but idk its a /s.

iirc divorce

Hopefully he lives a good life…

Talking about OtherBill, as it turns out…
…Gaod got more likes from him than Toastrz did :^)

I mean the only issue I can see with actually doing this is that RotMG is free to play. Eventually you get to the point where you might as well ask ‘why not just play the game that’s already made? and probably miles better because no good minecraft mod/plugin maker would know of this game most likely

But if you stray too far from the original then you might as well go play on the other much more successful RPG servers, like wynncraft.

I’m not even close to being able to create a plugin myself yet, but I’ve been messing around with a server for a while and trying to handle Java lol.

@Craftable threw this conversation into here to not derail prism pirate

good thinking

The only real appeal I could see would be having elements from both games be present, while still holding true to ROTMG’s core values. It would basically be a hybrid of what everyone likes of Realm (looting, classes, etc.) while working with the freedoms of Minecraft. I could see something like the Nexus just being the server hub. Guild Halls would be its own world, letting players/guilds have a confined space for building, same as vault worlds. Blocks can be found in the ROTMG maps with some normal tools can be brought back for building, while armors/weapons are found through looting dungeons/overworld chests.

It would take a lot of planning for such design with pre-made maps, but I could think of some fun ways just using various biomes to mimic ROTMG bosses/structures in a normal Minecraft world generation, which would let players build amongst the world while still having some kind of exploration factor.

Best way to approach would be to isolate what puts ROTMG apart from the others, and see how well it would mix into Minecraft.

Precisely :slight_smile: the whole ‘bullet hell’ would be difficult to pull off but the fact that swords in minecraft are literally ranged anyway simplifies things already.

And that means overpowered pets can be left out, among other things.

This would be great. Guild halls really don’t get any love from DECA despite there being so many good concepts for them. Vault worlds could literally be a mini chunk for the player to build their own vault.

Premade maps would probably make such a thing easier? Could do it like rotmg where you have a bunch of pre made maps and it chooses from them every ‘realm’ reset (would be annoying to build multiple maps but eh) honestly true randomised maps, if done correctly, would be amazing but really hard to pull off :sweat_smile:

HOLY SHIT is that motherquacking JoJo Reference?

EVEN CAVE STORY?

8 more likes…
till new badge…
then I got for another…
@Shatter How many days in a row have I used all my likes?

If you get too close to the woods, you get silenced, probably a reference to “No one can hear your screams” or something like that

Thats a long maze I have the map to it…They don’t want you tping in it so thats why…

Come and show me the wae

Image result for halloween nexus maze rotmg

Good luck…
Image result for halloween nexus maze rotmg

Okay you come usw2 nexus and lets get that bread

I have to do work right now…

:stuck_out_tongue:

I think its to prevent tricksters from cheesing the labyrinth

I made a trix for that just to be disappointed last year…
is it worth the candy, no
is it a pain, yes…
@LudwiGa You can only get it once per server until it resets…
Or if someone already did it you can go through the portal…

And also prevent Ninjas, Warriors, and now also Archers from speedying through it.
Suffer like the rest of us