The General Chat Thread

ha I would spend this much time even before corona

not that hard, I just leave the tab open and come back when the number goes up

So that’s what your name means! Russian rocket launcher noob…

Which…is what I just did. I’ve already established this a few posts back: I prefer to be they/them, not because I think I’m a fictional character with a true gender neutral stance, but solely because I rather not state my gender or sex here, so they/them would be right. Of course, you were curious with the reasons, I said it was personal and rather not share, and by then it should have ended right there if we’re really going by the “think before you share anything personal” message.

Because at this point, you’ve started becoming less of a curious person and more of a “I must be right” kind of person. You mentioned it before, about “putting a spotlight on this thing on myself”. I didn’t, it was merely a “I would prefer to be called this as I prefer not to share my gender online”. If anyone is actually putting this on the spotlight, it’s you for trying to make mountains out of molehills out of a simple joke post and pronoun question. :l

Ah, let’s forget about this pointless debate on Phantommod’s pronouns.

Let’s have a real debate on a real matter.

Who else thinks @Orsome’s paella looks more like a risotto?

And as I’ve been telling you, it’s completely unnecessary. The base situation was “we don’t know anything about you”, so just doing nothing is enough to keep us in the dark.

It’s exactly the same as, when a particular topic comes up in conversation, immediately going “Let’s talk about something else” or “I don’t want to talk about it”. Sure, you can refuse to answer further questions and we don’t know exactly what your deal is, but at that point you’ve already made it obvious there was a problem and given us enough material to base assumptions on.

But what about Orsome’s risotto?

Someone tell me that this is not a fucking risotto.

Beautiful Risotto or Paella? [Pet FP]

no.

@Waffleswuf is an experienced chef and he agrees with me.

Idk much about paella, but yea, that does look like risotto. But if you showed me that without saying anything, I would have thought it was some form of boneless curry chicken, cuz boy that looks so delicious

Right, well, I’ll officially make this my final response because I’ve pretty much said what I’ve wanted and needed to say:

I was asked a pronoun question, I answered it. Sure I could have ignored it, but I’ve got manners to at least address it. That was done, and it should have just been done there. Again, if anything is widely unnecessary, it’s this, as Wilhuff said, “pointless debate”, which is why I’m stopping here. Because judging from your Realmeye forum profile description, I know your kind: If you can carry on an argument in any shape, way or form, you would do it for the sake of doing it even if it is completely unnecessary.

So yea, end of topic, I’ve said what I needed to say. I want to talk about that scrumptious looking dish right there now

@Orsome you going to say anything to defend yourself?

yeah gimme a moment

Searching for ‘paella’ on Google showed me this. This is what I made, minus the peas.

Searching for ‘risotto’ I could not find anything similar to what I made.

I used chicken, chorizo, saffron, paella rice, chicken stock and tomato. I didn’t have any prawns or seafood on hand, though.

I’m pretty sure that’s a paella, @Wilhuff.

Imagine thinking chorizo in a paella makes it a paella. That’s not paella anymore.

No, I am speaking from my own experience and if you literally think that everything becomes perfectly well and good after posts no longer exist I don’t really know what to tell you other than this literally isn’t the case for everyone.
Will you speak over my own experience and claim that it doesn’t happen or that I shouldn’t feel what I feel? You probably will :slightly_smiling_face:

Why are you so upset over someone’s preferred pronouns, I have no clue. Just use the damn pronouns. If this genuinely troubles you for some reason, use their name in conversation rather than using a pronoun.
You’re like legitimately writing essays over something that is so simple and even as the resident essay-writer I don’t even know why you are bothering with this other than you have something you aren’t telling us.

Ok, in that case I made a paella with chorizo.

By definition, a paella cannot have chorizo. That is actually a very offensive gesture in Valencia, Spain.

On a side note, a risotto is a similar rice dish that’s been cooked in broth until it reaches a creamy consistency. Can you confirm whether or not this was the case with your paella?

Paella has a definition now? I’m just a guy cookin shit to eat

I used 3/4 of the ingredients listed in some random definition I googled, and I would have added prawns if I had any!

Additionally I made it in a saucepan, that’s more frying than cooking.
plus isn’t chicken stock literally broth though

goriller

me looking around at which argument i should be paying attention to

The Paella or Risotto argument is the one, true argument.

Then why haven’t you responded yet
:gun: :angry:

Was researching.

@Orsome

ALso Risotto is typically cooked with a lot more broth than paella, as your picture suggests.