The General Chat Thread

…boi

Big gay boi

ftfy

@Seelpit I’m not a tester, but my feelies are hurt that he said they could be fake

Niegil
Spread fake news…
Gone wrong

Niegil big gay gone wrong

They should add you to testing so you’re under NDA

NDA wouldn’t matter anyway, under 18 :^)

Niegil sure is young
Kinky

Minors can sign NDA, the NDA isn’t enforced but can be voided.

(you’d be kicked out of testing)

not that you would want in testing or care if you were kicked

got back into terraria after like 6 months, never beat any of the mechanical bosses so why not just start over

but
i’ve spent the vast majority of my time fishing and i’m not in hardmode yet

notable fishing stuff along with base catchrates

45 angler quests
1 high test fishing line
1 tackle box
2 frog leg (1/500)
4 purple clubberfish (1/50)
6 swordfish (1/60)
2 reaver shark (1/100)
1 sawtooth shark (1/100)
1 rockfish (1/50)
5 golden carp (1/100)
1 pink jellyfish (1/120)
2 zephyr fish (1/1560)
3 balloon pufferfish (1/625)

2 platinum’s worth of random assorted fish

75 wooden crates (hoarding 67 for hardmode)
14 iron crates (hoarding 13 for hardmode)
3 golden crates (hoarding 2 for hardmode)
1 jungle crate

if i got this lucky in rotmg i’d be like that one guy (his name escapes me) who has gotten 12 juggs

too bad i’m a pussy and refuse to fight the wall of flesh B)
on that note @panytnaa you make constant comparisons of terraria to rotmg, yet how do you not realize that it’s as grind heavy, if not more, as rotmg?

i had to create 4 separate worlds just to find a goddamn pyramid, and it didn’t even have the bottled sandstorm that i wanted…

Definitely more.
I’m almost to an ankh shield though and a prehardmode ranged character of mine has started his skeleton hunt to make necro armor

i mean comparatively it’s not as grind-y as some other stuff in the game, tbh just running through the dungeon should be enough for a full set

too bad i can’t get the ankh shield, since i refuse to hardmode my beautiful world

those damn fishing quests man, i just want a pre-hardmode cellphone but alas the stupid angler won’t give me the sextant or the pocket guide

Yeah, but I haven’t beat skeleton yet and I still need more crystal hearts (I normally get all of them much faster than this character has been) so I’m forced to do it underground (which is very grindy) that said, there are definitely more grindy things in the game, I was just giving an example from grindy stuff I am presently doing

owie, although hermes boots, a few platforms, and a minishark should do it
is it an expert world?

Nope, this is on my mobile world, i have 2 mobile and 2 pc worlds that I work on, I just got an arms dealer so mini shark is definitely on my list
Didn’t think about platforms though, although since goblin army is complete I could get spectre boots

my advice is to just fish a bit, the golden fishing rod is well worth it (exhibit a: i’ve gotten 2 golden crates in the past 30 minutes, 12 wood crates, 4 iron crates, a jungle crate, all of which i’m saving for hardmode, as well as another zephyr fish although it’s pretty useless)

the non-functional catches themselves are also worth getting. i can reel in a catch about every 4 seconds with a fishing potion + full fishing armor and the bulk of my wealth actually comes from selling bycatch when i go to do a quest.

also imo reaver shark is easily the best single item pre-hardmode except for cellphone which is stupidly hard to get, although reaver shark is mainly rng.

edit: um it’s only been 4 minutes since i made this post and i’ve gotten 2 more iron crates and another balloon puffer

selling all the bycatch gave me 8 gold and 15 silver, which isn’t bad at all for 7 minutes worth of effort

I’ve got some worms and a fisher of souls, so I could try for a bit yeah

just incase you didn’t know already, get some stars and turn those into enchanted nightcrawlers, which have 35% bait power vs 25% on just a normal worm

also you know those rocks that you see in the forest background? break those and they drop worms at a crazy rate

I will repeat the mobile world thing again, enchanted crawlers sadly don’t exist in mobile yet, I play both for some reason and keep trying to craft them in mobile