The General Chat Thread

Why should I care about the snake that doesn’t fucking exist.

Look beyond your god damn tunnel vision. None of this is worth it in the long run.

I believe its called ‘sarcasm.’ Clearly something you have never heard of, nor possess the capability to understand, kid.

All I’m trying to do is set you straight.

I tried, and now I’m tired.

Hopefully my words made somewhat of a difference. I didn’t have to be involved, but I tried to help you regardless. Good night Ickabod.

1. yes he doenst get sarcasm most of the time, that’s fine

2. Just my opinion through what I’ve seen.

3. @Ickabod I’m a cunt on that discord, most people are. That is my type of humour. Dark as hell humour.

doesn’t mean I don’t want the best for you.

If you wanted the best you’d settle things peacefully

I’ll be frank.
Based on my observations, you, Ickabod are:

1. Too sensitive- you take everything directed at you as an insult or a threat, never stopping to think and to perceive what the other has to say.
  2. Act as if you’re all that matters- All I hear is “So and so refused to be nice! And neither will I!” “They hurt my feelings, so now I’ll whine and moan about it on every thread”
  3. Seem to lack maturity- Needs no explanation.
  4. Lack the ability to determine what gets you respect on the internet. Talking about killing yourself if you’re autistic may have been funny like 100ish years ago, but not today. Whining and moaning (for what? 2 months?) on an internet forum dedicated to a crappy flash game is definetly not going to win you any fans.

Furthermore, you also seem to shift the blame on others; so far I have not seen you ever apologize to anyone you’ve attacked on these forums, at all, despite several attempts made by others to intervene and defuse the situation. You criticize RNGnoob, despite his very valid points regarding your character; you made 2 damn threads regarding your situation, and every time someone points out your problems, you deflect it with something along the lines of “Its not me, its them.” That’s truely a great way to settle scores. It really is. (Sarcasm btw)

Furthermore, I notice you seem to attack Shatter a lot. Whether he is or is not an asshole is up to debate, but at the very least he behaves better than you on the forums! Do you see him going around whining about every negative comment made about him?

While I am no saint on the internet myself, I do know when I’m in the wrong and if I’ve made a fool out of myself, the best thing to do is to step forward and give an apology from YOURSELF, acknowledging your own faults. Waiting for the other party to step forward and admit they were wrong will solve nothing, especially in your case in which I expect you would be gloating to the other party, only further inflaming tensions. And trust me, I know from experience that an apology to someone you hurt goes a long way.

I admit, I found your drama amusing when it began 2 months ago, as it gave me something to do outside my mundane schedule, but this has honestly gone too far and I’m sure everyone here would agree with that. If you refuse to change, take a leave from these forums or something.

Now @Ickabod Before you have the nerve to reply to this essay with something along the lines of “I don’t care” or “Get lost”, I seriously recommend you read the entire thing, and COMPREHEND it before you write down a reply. You have 24 hours to reply with a CONSTRUTIVE answer or I’m afraid I’ll have to file a report to the mods to get you off these forums for your behavior. Is that understood?

@Shatter So uh, how exactly would I ask the mods to give me a custom title? Do I like PM em or something?

Let me just settle this debate.

Yes, I am an asshole.

I had mine offered to me by stupidity for the christmas giveaway that was done + other contribution to the forums. Never asked. So… IDK

Why aren’t YOU playing nice then?

I’m not sure if SoloSen’s efforts were actually useful to you, because you seem to reply to every bit of advice so far with a neutral “yeah, I guess” then go right back to taking picks at people. I still believe that what happened doesn’t reflect who you truly are, Icky. However, with each new post I see revolving around this argument you can’t seem to drop, I lose respect for you.

Think about this. If you posted these sorts of things on any other forum, do you think the majority of the members there would try their hardest to resolve the problem like a lot of us have, or would they constantly insult you and disregard you as a human being?
We are trying very hard to help you out, as you can already see. Okay, FINE, since you’re determined to believe the opposite so much, some people such as RMG may look to be just insulting you, but you, yourself, need to take the advice given to you, instead of deflecting it; which, unfortunately, I am now forced to admit that you do tend to not listen to the forumers willing to help.

I hate, hate, hate seeing this sort of “drama” roll around the forums, never leaving, and if it does it returns in a few days. It pits my favourite community against each other.
So please, at least try to accept that if there’s going to be a change, it will HAVE to be YOU. If anyone else chats shit with no real intent apart from to wound your probably crippled self esteem, they’re flagged or banned. But trust me on this; we want you here, that’s why we aren’t instantly dismissing you as a “toxic useless kid” (or insert any other degrading term here).
I myself still want to believe that you can return to how you’re meant to be, a goblin prince who crafts amazing sprites. And I do believe that.
In order for that to happen, you need to realise that we’re putting ourselves down to talk to you in a civil manner; we aren’t replying to you just to boost our own popularity. We genuinely want to help. :blush:

Whether you believe that or not, it is going to always be you who needs to make the call of not lashing out at others who really don’t intend to hurt you. This is still the internet after all, if you want to make things right, you have to make them right yourself.
You may think that you’ve already tried. If so, try again. No one said regaining people’s trust would be easy, but keep at it, because we are willing to give you more chances to redeem yourself.

In fact, you did a pretty good job on those sprites! :smile: The replies to those posts, the pixel art ones even after the whole issue happened, were overwhelmingly positive.

Just be nice to everyone, even if they aren’t nice back, and everyone will gain the respect they had for you back.

I know you’re going through this post looking to quote one specific part of it and tell me that’s not true. That’s not what I think you should do. If you’re willing to let this go, make an apology without underhandedly insulting other forumers. We will accept you, but you need to be the better person first. If you can’t, then that’s where the problem lies. :frowning:

I am. :smile:

Does that help?

@Ickabod the one last thing I would like to say is that none of us here don’t like you. Like @Orsome , we want to see the best of you. And the best way, in my opinion, to show that is before saying something just quickly consider how you would react if someone said that about you. Would it make you angry? Sad? Frustrated? Hopeless? If so, keep it to yourself. Otherwise, if it would make you feel supported, happy, good, fire away!

@Ggaodzilla (☭ ͜ʖ ☭) Share with your komrade

Which is fair enough. It’s not nice to have to deal with people who assume they know you.

But hey, if we can simply get over what happened in the past then life will be better for everyone :slight_smile:

I agree with this, you stopped arguing and made solid good posts for a few weeks, but I still saw a few posts that were in the spirit of “Ickabod is that guy here”, which I didn’t like. Those people didn’t realize that you had changed your behavior, and I don’t support that.

Might be because he never changed his behavior and people are getting tired of giving him second chances.

You’re saying this like we’re all basing our opinions of him on pure gut feeling, when we’ve had hundreds of posts to base those opinions on and several months to think them over.

If at this point you’re still not convinced that he’s just going to stay entrenched in his “I’m a poor victim, everyone else is an asshole” narrative forever and that trying to be nice to him is an exercise in futility, then I really don’t know what else I could tell you.

What about the pixel art posts he made after the whole incident happened?

I know Icky wasn’t at his best a few months back. That indeed was bad. But you’re basically saying that we should assume his entire personality is based on that one time where he was, admittedly, being toxic.

Then it’s a shame because you haven’t convinced me. :man_shrugging:

There’s a point where being tolerant becomes being submissive, where being nice becomes enabling assholes. I’ve been in enough abusive relationships before, you can trust me on this.

Or you can just assume this is complete bullshit and dismiss all of my personal experiences and genuine attempts at helping you guys avoid all the mistakes I made as some sort of nefarious scheme to make you all miserable.

A simple choice, really.

It’s not that.

It’s the fact that your personal experiences all point to completely dismissing the fact that Ickabod might actually want to change for the better.

Yes, that’s what I already said. You’re not explaining why you think that’s wrong.

Unless you’re trying to imply that I have some sort of personal vendetta against Ickabod, which would require you to completely ignore all the hundreds of posts I’ve made talking to StarliAS, Dthnider, and all the other similar people we’ve had on this forum over the years.

What shoes do y’all wear?

size 11.5 black converse

You say it like making a few posts about his personal sprites completely now over him calling people “fucking fascists”

It’s not just one time, it’s still continued.

So Icky calling someone a “fucking facist” despite him openly calling people
“jealous peasant losers”
“human garbage”
“assholes”

So we should ignore the problem and let icky continue being a dick right?