The General Chat Thread

Hmmm.

I don’t know why the golem st set is B tier.

It’s pretty good.

imo it’s about as good as a normal set, but it lacks proper ranged Decoy abilities, and its damage is also a bit lacking.
Aside from that, it’s very usable.

The dagger compensates for the lack of decoy range (6.3 range)
In addition, with the entire set on, the dagger averages 270 damage per shot (w/o defense), because with the entire set on the trickster gets +18 attack (and +5 dex).

The t13 dagger (with no attack buffing armor or ring) averages 247.5. To match the golem dagger, the t13 dagger needs 73-74 attack.

t13 dagger definitely has the potential to out damage the ST one, but as a ranged dagger the ST is definitely superior.

archer set deserves to be higher, the damage and defense are just obscene and I get all kinds of sad just thinking about how it got implemented despite the many, many complaints about it. the only justification I can think of to not put that at the top is that the lack of thought put into the set is being counted against it instead of simply looking at the stats alone.

I also think the sorc and wizard sets should be lower, they only have one good item each (spell and wand) and imo the usefulness of those items is hugely overrated. the wizard set in particular gets shafted with a particularly frustrating shot pattern with no real benefit to it.

cough grotesque scepter

WHEEZE SEMI-DIRECT UPGRADE TO DEVASTATION

the steep -125 damage loss per target combined with the weaker wismod make it much less effective at instakilling gods in glands. against weaker dungeon mobs it really doesn’t matter what scepter you use because they have so little HP, and against HP scaled enemies it doesn’t even matter what weapon you use so how in the world is an ever so slight increase in damage on your ability going to make a difference when they contribute so little to overall dps?

I don’t see an advantage to it that devastation or storms doesn’t do better since that scepter also stuns you briefly, which cuts into your ability to deal damage quite a bit since weapons are always more effective at inflicting damage than abilities. it’s also much harder to get since ST’s have notoriously low drop rates compared to whites like devastation, and storms is just a top.

Alright how is archmage as good as golem, battle attires, sorc and ninja? I say archmage to C, pixie and bee to D, golem to A and Mystic to B

I didn’t put the Archer set in S purely beecause of the Quiver.
A standard set beats that, usually.

I don’t think the Sentient Staff’s wide amplitude is that bad. The high dexterity makes up for it, I personally think.

As for Sorcerer, yeah, that one definitely needs to be lower - no piercing is a bigger deal than I…forgot.

Considering earlier comments, I’m not entirely against moving Archmage to C, but I disagree with Pixie and Bee.
Pixie would be fine in D since you’re still pretty beefy, albeit notably less powerful.
Bee is definitely a solid C since you can still perform quite like a standard Hunt set. You can still slow in a nice radius and bee very effective at clearing, although you have greatly decreased high-def DPS.

Mystic to B and Golem to A I do agree on.

I wouldn’t say it’s an upgrade. Grotesque is better if you’re trying to clear from behind a wall and/or to clear entire rooms fast due to the higher number of targets (being stunned isn’t a problem when enemies are too scattered to be properly damaged with normal attacks anyway), but aside from that it’s generally a downgrade from Deva.

Passed my road test and obtained my driver’s license!

Welcome to the club! :grin:

Reminds me that I can get my Ls now
@sirspud im gunna run u down kid

@Retro

going on from that 2 bow thread, same thing happened to my minecraft account. I looked on my gmail account and it said that someone logged into it from Taiwan or something so I it took me awhile before I got that back but by then I stopped playing that game and moved on. Wasn’t thousands of hours on that game not gonna lie though. Good to see you got your account back though you know how they hacked it though?

Thanks a lot :slight_smile:
So the thing is, until not too long ago all of my passwords were the same and it was really simple. That and almost all transactions for everything I do are in one gmail. I don’t really check this gmail that much since it’s only for purchases and some other security things I send myself, and I’m almost sure someone got into there and found my transactions for realm on there. The thing is, my SQS for realm were also the same thing as my password (for all three) and I’m pretty sure someone got into my account first and changed things, then put it into a new email like it was me just wanting to switch emails. I didn’t notice this until I wanted to play again a month ago, so I hit play on (not my flash) steam RotMG and saw that I had a new star, new name, new characters, and new email! I quickly emailed DECA about this, supplied them transactions, the last remembered SQS, and the card along with all my details to them (Pretty sure the hacker doesn’t know anything to that extent). I successfully put it on another email, made better SQS, and changed a lot of things revolving around my private information.
:slight_smile:

Wow. I was gonna say steam was safe, especially with the two-factor authentication but I guess you didn’t have it on, but I suggest you probably do that. Every time you login to your steam, you need to enter a code which is sent to your phone. Super secure :wink:

Would’ve sucked if you had totally lost it though because then there’d be no more Retro on the RealmEye community. Honestly I left for a while too just busy with alot of aspects of my life and I wasn’t really motivated. This community is kinda always gonna be in my heart though. Even though its small, the people who do use it are pretty genuine and not toxic at all. They go through life just like I do and relating to them in some way, its nice.

Anyways yeah well its probably best you change your passwords for whatever services you use. Its personally something I should do too having one same password these days are kinda dangerous but my complicity makes up for it I guess.

Just to clear it up, they got in through Flash and I saw the changes on my steam.

:wink:

Breaks are nice from the forums, but I totally agree. I always come back :smiley:

Yeah ik you can cross play between a flash and steam account. Idek which one runs better but I stay on my steam cause its safer, plus I forgot one of my question answers

In 6 months i’ll be right back at ya

by then I’ll have at least 1.3 of my 120 hours done