The General Chat Thread

You guys should check out /r/RotmgGoneWild

Rule 34 what did you expect

@Uniqourn i didnt get accept into the ones i want at waterloo, but the backup offers are quite tasty.

Oooooh what are they??

its mathematics and business admin,. The business is taken at wilfard, which is known for their business.

Im debating that vs. the business admin and computer science double degree at wilfred laurier.

I might make a new thread about it in #feedback if no one can answer me here, but why do we have an #ideas:other category on #ideas? Its description is “Have an idea that doesn’t fit into the other categories? Post it here!”, but isn’t the general #ideas section enough? I mean, anything that is not a class, a dungeon, an enemy or an item can go there and we wouldn’t need the #ideas:other category.

About the #other subcategory in #ideas

Make it, or I kill you!

Yeah it’s kinda redundant. I used to move topics from ideas>ideas:other but stopped because there wasn’t much point, other than to separate them from the rest (I. E. I wanna see something that’s NOT dungeons or items or classes…).

But it seems like MrEyeball has long since adopted a passive role towards forum development. (Do WIP pls)

Well, you can already do that in all the other categories by going on their page and choose “none” as the subcategory to be shown (like this). But thanks for reminding me of that, I’ll make sure to mention it on the thread.

I’ll wait half a day more before making the thread, maybe some kind soul can answer us here why #ideas:other exists.

Never knew about the none option, thanks lol.

I can be offtopic here yay: what type of space do you use? It always formats weird, and stretches text when I view your posts.

Also, you could ping Doc/some other mod because I doubt anyone else know why the other subcategory exists.

[justify] He uses the Discord Discourse [D’oh!] text option for full-justified text (as shown here). [/justify]

If you meant Discourse, bingo.

Don’t know why it stretches for you @Uniqourn, it looks fine to me. Are you on mobile? If it’s stretching for everyone, I can stop justifying my posts. It’s just that I like seeing all the lines ending at the same point.

@OtherBill, since you’re here, do you have any idea why the #ideas:other subcategory exists, given my points stated above?

Ohh it’s just justify. Nobody else uses it, that’s why it “stretches” text. I guess your actions are justified (*sighs). On the other hand, I summoned OB senpai and gave you an excuse to pester him mwahaha.

Yes, mobile.

But does it stretch even lines with a few words?

Like this one?

'Cause it shouldn’t. Also, does it happen on desktop/laptop?

Nope, it’s very minor on desktop/laptop, and a few words (as long as it stays within one line) doesn’t affect mobile. It’s usually not a huge problem, but occasionally I’ll notice some words that     look    like    this, for some reason. It’s all good though heh.

@Efnuiwrbvu Efnuu… no, bad boy, no spamming likes :c

Edit: Freaking hell.

Dont worry it won’t be a lot I’m gonna sleep soon

For some reason, I don’t believe in you.

Ummm. I’m sure we had our reasons at the time. However, I cannot remember the specifics.

About the #other subcategory in #ideas

It’s 11.07pm for me and i need to wake up abt 6am = >7hrs if sleep. I usually sleep for abt 9 to 10 hours soooooo yeah I’m goona sleep soon

This is what I mean by stretch. Middle paragraph, 3-4 line.

Yup, that’s actually because I used [justify] together with the # tags. In that specific example, #ideas:dungeons-enemies is too long to fit in the above line, so it goes to next one and the text gets stretched so it can be justified. Since you’re on mobile, the issue is seen more often, but it does happen on my laptop too (second line):