The General Chat Thread

Ah.

unknown-5
Something I made yesterday out of my own intrigue: how much a class influences the creation of a bossfight (endgame-ish), from least (left) to most (right) influential. Height doesn’t matter, that’s just to fit them a bit better - and each color consists of 2 parts.
I eventually put Rogue as high as Trix, and bumped Pally and Priest a spot to the right (“high” dark orange), but I don’t have that pic saved anywhere .3.

This is with UTs taken into account, which does blur class lines slightly - for instance, Samurai can now Slow just like Hunt, but not nearly as reliably; Priest can now Purify and Pally can grant Armored, etc., etc..
I’m mostly unsure of Necro’s placement, since he’s not really something you play around or specifically counter, but you could still pander to its strengths with minion spam.

How is this being shown? Rightmost classes affect it more? Does height on the list matter?

I’ll edit the post a little bit to further specify it, that’s on me =w="

I guess it makes sense that Trix is highest. You don’t want your players teleporting out of the boss arena (cough O3) or something like that.

Necro can also purify using shaits skull.

I use that as my main skull on my 2nd necro, so I’d know, but it’s uncommon enough to not be as horrifying as puri (tome) - plus, it requires 4 enemies in close proximity.

And yep @Orsome, Trix’ TP makes for a whole lot of cheesy stuff you need to counter. I initially put her very high due to decoys, but Kidd told me about the troubles that teleport brings.

Eck, I tried to fix it now. I had to manually add the timestamp for redirection cause I’m on mobile, which didn’t seem to work out >_<

Mystic should be rogue tier tbh.

Not really. Slap on Stasis immunity and you no longer need to worry about mystic.

It’s not how hard it is to figure out, it’s how much it would influence a boss fight. Without being able to stasis the head and regroup,uu public fungals are pretty sketchy, but being ale to stasis wlab boss is just annoying

For some reason text wasn’t displaying, nothing helped. Sorry for the typos. To clarify, I meant fungals CAN GET a little sketchy, not are.

I guess that’s true, but I mostly went from the perspective of a designer; i.e., how much do you have to plan around a class’ abilities? Can you easily solve their problems without sacrificing the base concept of a phase?
And for Mystic, just slapping on stasis immunity works for any single boss. Obviously it gets more complex with more minions and what roles they may fill, but I’d still generally put Mystic there.

Does anyone want to play enter the gungeon with me?

Sure. Do you have to, like, pay for it?

Edit: $7 lole. lemme DM you in Discord.

I have it, i didn’t know you could play with others. Lemme install it

Edit : don’t have it in fact. Sad noises

Me and gamma had some trouble trying to play together, but we will try again tomorrow

Hey all. This will be the third revival of my DnD style RotMG roleplay game. If you’re interested in a heavily modified campaign with unique features for each class, upgrades, weapons and more, join the discord.
As the Nexus draws ever closer to losing to Oryx, the adventurers of this campaign will set out to take back the realms and put a stop to the Mad God’s reign. Of course, not just anyone is able to take on such a powerful adversary, so they will need to prepare and get stronger first, taking out his henchmen and freeing the realms’ local inhabitants, including elves, dwarves, and even gods that refuse to bend to Oryx’s tyrannical rule.

Again, if you’re interested, all you need to do is join my server. I will be running ‘sessions’, about three every two weeks, for said game. Preferrably anyone joining will be able to attend sessions anytime from afternoon to evening for me (GMT 11:00 to 22:00), but I may be able to change when they take place if need be :slight_smile:

This gets the Lud seal of approval (join please orsome keeps me in his basement)

Ignore the voice coming from my basement, it’s nothing important.