The General Chat Thread

d… do you know how annoying aliens are to find if you’re actively searching for them

Hey, if you’re not focusing them, then it becomes a whole lot less tedious :3

can u add me as another 0/8 plz

just a joke, but u can do it if you so desire

Holy smokes! What is the total age difference for all of you? Hopefully you like each other, lol. I have a great friendship with both of my siblings, but with 10 I could imagine it getting a bit dicey, especially around the middle of the pack!

a couple of your younger sisters? how many sisters do you have xD?

Favorite skin?

6 sisters and 3 brothers younger than me. None older, thank goodness. And now we’ve fit 3 younger cousins… 16 people’s a little much sometimes, I’ll admit

The General Chat Thread

yikes, that’s a bit much. i have 1 younger brother and I already can’t handle it xD

I’m the oldest of 4, and i have to admit, it gets crazy around here a lot… I can’t even imagine fitting 16.

• Penteract would be easier to solo if random individuals appear and screw things up before nexusing.

• I don’t mind the crystal worm father fight… but it takes forever.

• The rock dragon isn’t difficult to solo, but it’s by far the most nerve wracking for me! Fighting the drunken bullet train can still make me jump (unless I happen to be a knight, which I haven’t been in a while).

• Avatar eyeball phase is ruthless with certain classes. Between high health and that single phase, ava wins the award for being the most annoying to solo of all the event bosses, in my opinion.

Post your unpopular opinions about realm here

I don’t fight rock dragon anymore. Too high risk, zero reward (I actually am in the minority that like Ray, but I have 6).

Didn’t realize Ava was actually possible at all solo! Even the first phase with the regenerating black status I am guessing you need a really high DPS build to do. I suppose eyeballs would be best done on maybe a huntress for the slows and piercing? Or maybe mystic with aether for paralyzing? What do you use for it?

I believe I have done it before with a DPS mystic (conflict + t6 + cult staff) as it’s only the eyes phase that’s really ruthless.

I assume many classes can do it now, especially with Battalion Banner and/or Divinity.

I personally think Nest is pretty annoying to solo, it’s just really boring and takes forever but there’s enough status effect spam that it’s dangerous.

So, the trick with the the Ava eye phase is not individual brute strength (although that can help to a certain extent), but rather finesse. The idea is that you finish off the eyes at the same time within a few second window, exactly like the group.

Based off of this information, the sword, dagger, and staff classes are much easier to pull off without even worrying about what abilities you have. Send as many eyeballs down to the lowest possible health, then finish them off as fast as possible (it’s up to you whether or not you want them to have slightly more health for a margin of error when missing shots aimed at different eyes, or if you don’t want to risk taking too long finishing everything off at the same time).

As for katanas, wands, and bows, the piercing requires an even higher amount of finesse. They have a harder time sticking to a single target (obviously), so a higher amount of skill is needed for an average character, ignoring abilities again.
In my experience with the piercing weapons, tiered bows are the most difficult to control with the spread. At least with katanas have the advantage of dealing a more controlled high damage (so it takes less time if you make a mistake, and you can hit individual eyes with the tip), and a wand deals low enough damage to not mess up faster than you mean to.

Every class has the potential to solo the avatar given the right equipment, but for the sake of simplicity, the worst classes I’ve found die spoiling that Ava phase have been the archer, priest, and bard. I hope that wasn’t too long and not incredibly boring; I only experimented with this when I was solo closing a Realm to guarantee a solo trip to Oryx for the Oryx Slayer bonus. (Ava still sucks :stuck_out_tongue:)

That’s super interesting, I never knew that is how it worked. Basically like a more annoying Pentaract, then! I suppose that makes perfect sense, I just never thought about it enough to put the pieces together.

Fun fact, Avatar is not actually required to close the realm! It does not count as a hero of Oryx (potentially for lore reasons, which would make sense, but more likely because people would complain that it is too hard to take out in small groups). When I solo realm clear I figure out what map I am on, then pull up a photo of the map in a chrome tab to reference so I can find all the heros even if my quest marker is stuck on the Avatar.

Now that I know it is possible, though, I will have to take it on next time I have the chance!

And I have not read up on the avatar for a while, apparently. It has always come up as an annoying quest market for me, and I can’t see where anything thing else is to close the realm :expressionless:

Yeah, for sure! That is why I figure out what map I am on. If you want pictures of the different maps and possible hero spawn locations just let me know and I can send them over discord or something.

I remember seeing the map designs, but I thought the spawns were random. I’ve obtained an almost intuitive sense for where spawns should be on the maps, roughly regardless. Are the spawns consistent after all?

The spawns are actually quite clever. There are only certain locations where spawns can happen, but WHAT spawns there is up to RNG. It might be an Ent, but the same location on the same map in a different realm might be an Oasis Giant, or even something that isn’t a Hero of Oryx, like a cemetery, great coil snake, or parasite chambers. Each map has roughly 70 spawn locations, but because of RNG you normally end up with around 30-40 heros when the realm opens.

Realm clearing with a map like that is also probably the most reliable way to get the new Samurai STs, though I have yet to have a single one drop after multiple solo realm clears since that set was introduced.

That explains a couple of consistently funky minor spawn locations! There’s a few near lakes in particular that I’m thinking of.

As far as Samarai drops, it’s been 4-0-0-0 for me O.o

Nice job, guys. Managed to kill the forums with the Vital Combat update thread.

And this is what everyone’s choice for rings in today’s RotMG. Rainbow tiered ring needs a buff!
A%20sad%20reality