The General Chat Thread

Ah, the irony. I haven’t done it in this game, but going undercover to see how people treat new players (or, in some games with leveling, be amongst the inexperienced once more) can be most entertaining! Or really depressing. It depends on the game.

I do what I want with my wishing abilities :angry:

don’t wish for lute

am i a joke to you

don’t wish for lute

Yes.

It takes me up to 5 minutes at max to find godland as a 0/8 character.

But with 50 to 75 Speed, cut that to 2-3 minutes (assuming no obstacles).

I don’t know why, but whenever someone TPs to me @ Godland, I get annoyed. I had an short bicker (eventually a lecture) with a dude who done that:

Note that italic texts are my responses. Nobody is going to respond to this for sure LOL.

Stop TPing to me

Why?

It’s annoying.

How so?

Well teleporting is for lazy dudes.

Huh?

Basically I have to spend few minutes to find GLand and ya only take a second to TP to here?

Well it’s convenient for me though.

To me, it’s just, annoying…

So you are telling me that you should get a special treatment because of not teleporting.

Yes. And no one should TP to me before asking. (call me a hypocrite but for some reason, I do use myself as an anchor at DDocks. Basically if I found Heroic Observer before the party found TRoom, I choose to stay over TP to T.)

That is the dumbest thing I have ever encountered.

So may I TP to you?

Yes you may.

And I take back what I said, anyone may TP to me regardless of situations. You are right.

But why you do not TP?

For fame bonus.

So how much percent?

Another player: 2%.

Nope, 25%.

Damn…

Imma start walking from now on.

AP: Well…

No he got a point.

I have to forewarn you though, Boots on the Ground is not for anyone who has a faint of heart. And you will miss a lot of event bosses for the fame bonus.

Couple of my 5 stars promotions were because me not teleporting. I had a 800+ base fame 7/8 Pally and because of that bonus, it netted me 2.3k total fame when he got blind-shotgunned by a Medusa…

See? He got a point.

If you don’t believe me, check my Realmeye graveyard and you will be surprised.

(After that no responses.)

MotMG 2020 Reconstruction

so you are mad at someone for teleporting to you

that is stupid

Eh… I just don’t know why I could get triggered, probably because my anti-TP behavior/sentiment… I value that fame bonus a lot simply because it is underused.

Not say I disagree with you, but because of event bosses only spawns once per realm and it is a small chance, farming Mana potions (for example) would be a tedious task to get complete and may have to rely on trading to obtain them.

To get rid of keys, I thinking that event bosses should be guaranteed once per realm or appear multiple times (but not guaranteed).

Not to mention expect a heavy influx of particular stat potions to get rid off (which affects the game economy for some time).

(I think that was kind of the point once upon a time.)

Boots Thirsty Mundane plox.

But thirsty is just broken, you dont use consumables from your inv and you get free fame

What about Boots and Mundane? They are harder to achieve and Boots is extremely underused.

Mundane passively hurts other players and should have been gone a long time ago, and boots is just kind of, moronic, like it slows the game down by at least 10x and there isn’t any actual reason to encourage playing that way

Well you shouldn’t get rewarded for teleporting though. All it takes is less than 5 seconds and you are on GLand. It does not makes sense to be rewarded for spamming TPs.

But for me when walking to GLand, that’s a different story.

Well I got used to walking nowadays even though I missed several event bosses.

i dont think the problem is being rewarded for teleporting, but rather all the things you could miss out on without teleporting. it wouldn’t be a big deal if i was playing on an empty server/realm, but i usually play in crowded realms. if i was going for boots, i would be missing out on a large portion of events, dungeons, and quests that i would otherwise be able to do. it’s for this reason that i think most people don’t think boots should exist anymore.

Damn I can’t believe people think this :disappointed_relieved:

I missed several Hermits/Sphinx but I still managed to get a Jugg without needing to TP. Same thing as GShip, got a White with no TP.

The actual reason why I get triggered when dudes teleporting is because how that Boots is extremely underused.

Hear me out, out of all of deaths that I have looked at Realmeye, less than 1% of death has Boots on the Ground. That’s like 1 out of several hundreds or even thousands.

You may have gotten jugg and vile, but think about all the events you didn’t tp to - you could’ve gotten more than just 1.

That’s because most people play this game like a reasonable human being