The General Chat Thread

And also they have dexterity exaltations, which I’m going for on my wizzy.

Yo anybody else find it disappointing the devs replied to the alien event thread, but only to PRCs question about the fame rework? Just ignoring all of the thorough discussion on the nature of communicating bugs with the community, the long string of events, etc… lol I mean I’m not surprised but I guess I’d hoped we made a strong point there…

I’m not even going to bother replying on that thread… hell I’ll probably stop reporting bugs or anything of that nature.

Edit: and back on topic to the above, thanks for looking into that, I used to play grid12 quite a bit during the early testing… it was a pretty cool game just never had a good player base.

I think its less of the devs ignoring us, and more of that they are doing what they doing to fix that, although it is probably being put off for other things as well, and they know that stating that doesn’t really do anything to ease the community, it just causes more anger at it still not being fixed, or at other content (most of which was probably already planed for then- making it more justifiable for them to be working on there already existent deadlines rather than the new stuff that got dropped on top of them- and the stuff they focus on being to keep the player base busy rather than to fix the technical problems that they may not know precisely how to fix at the moment.) being created rather than the fixing of older stuff.

All right, here’s the shortened version:
If you post a video of you doing something online, and some random stranger starts trashing how you did it, and how it should be, your going to get irritated. Maybe at first you’ll mention that you are working on bettering it, or even the fact of it doesn’t matter how they think you should do it, as you are the one who it matters for (slightly different concept with a game, but its their game, so their vision.) Eventually if they keep trashing you, you just wont speak to them anymore, as everything you say just makes them worse. Sure, companies should still do it to keep up player relations, but there’s a point where its not even worth explaining anymore.

This part isn’t quite in relation the the previous part, but I felt I should add it. A lot of people get pretty pissed at Deca. We should be grateful we have devs who care about the game. Take Minecraft for example. Sure, its a great game. Half of the people (not literally) in charge just walk away to do other stuff (Jeb is literally making board games now). Almost none of them are actual programmers, and take the mountain update for example.
It was voted for in Minecon 2019 to be the next ‘big’ update. We heard nothing until a few months ago at Minecon 2020 where they predicted its release summer 2021. Even small things for them take a while to release. Example two, Tom Clancy’s Rainbow-Six Siege. The game designers and the Developers argue about how the game should be. Most the time, this leads to updates being based around perfecting the pro games, often screwing up the majority of the player base. (take when Muluci {totaly spelled that wrong, but the operator with the wub-wub’s [if you play you’ll understand the in game slang]} was first released) My point is that we have Devs that interact enough with the community. They, with and through the UCG, make content for late, early, and mid game all while fixing up old content and attempting to create events to keep the community busy. So what if they cant take the time to fix every bug the day it happens, they do a lot for the game and all people do is dis them. We have Devs who actually care.

I’ve still gotta disagree. They see the discussion and criticism, they should address it. There’s a big difference to your video analogy, that in the case of player interactions with devs, we are the customers and they are the suppliers. I’d also argue there is no point in which it isn’t worth explaining as you say, and an acknowledgment of the players’ concerns is always important.

They’ve been good in the past about acknowledgment of issues and player concerns, but they have been silent lately as the game has become buggier with every release, and I think they really need to address. I know at least for one, myself a long time supporter of the game, I won’t be getting any further realm gold until I’m satisfied with the devs response to these issues, and I’m sure at least a few others feel the same. It’s fine if you are satisfied with their response, that’s fine, I’m not though ya know…

Edit: and just as I posted this I see an actual dev response on some of the recent bugs, so I’ll go see what they said and stop ranting about it here :3

Devs are not robots
They are not game-producing machines
They do not exist for the immediate satisfaction or gratification of the players
This game is not their whole life
They are imperfect, and capable of error
They have emotions
They have mental health
They do not enjoy a toxic cesspool of a playerbase degrading and insulting them because of any and every change/bug that happens
And sometimes they don’t want to deal with that crap, so cut them some slack, I’m sure they’re doing what they can, and I’m afraid to disappoint you, but they didn’t sell their souls to this playerbase when they bought RotMG

They are on the clock I assume, and I’m just stating what I think the best route of action for them is, that is acknowledgment and working with the community about their concerns. Anyhow at least they are making effort to today, so all’s good.

Edit: also should just point out that I never said any of the arguments you imply against me… but it’s all good dude

Yes it is (whole work life)

All shatov is asking for is more transparency from dev to player which is reasonable

Why do my ancient ruins completes never show?

It shows for other characters but never shows on this character. Am I doing sometihing wrong?

I guess I should clarify it wasn’t targeted at specifically Shatov but more that the specific thing I quoted reminded me about what like 90% of people in this playerbase seem to expect from the devs and that was more generally targeted because I thought this was in the thread itself and I didn’t realize I was in the general chat thread

duck bard

duck bard

unfortunately nests are your best bet, mineshaft takes forever

duck lard

duck lard
duck hard

I should not have clicked that arrow

…Why has this link meant specifically for Lud warranted that many clicks on a closed thread in the recruitment area of all places ? (The only reason I made that link is because I didn’t know how to work around posting a file that was too large back then. It wasn’t even meant to be that funny)

It was a good link.

yall already no i was 40 of those clicks :flushed::flushed:

greetings @Tauntauned, the slavic veteran forumer i presume?
anyway, it’s nice to see a long time forumer like you coming back. so how are you doing?

Is there any RotMG pet viewer?

From a recent guild recruitment thread, it hadn’t occurred to me until just now that exaltations would become a requirement for higher-end guilds, and after that, I realized the possibility that raiding discords might start requiring atk/dex exaltations since they’re stupid on stuff like that which would force a lot of newer and/or more casual players out of discords so that they actually have to play the game. Just a recent thought

(To keep the other topic sort of on topic)
Atm it’s communications but I wasn’t sure what to do and I couldn’t go undeclared so I just went communications. Maybe go into something with sports medicine or type of astronomy or even possible marine biology but that’s would last one.