The General Chat Thread

They’re not getting better, discords are just still broken. I see a lot of new players get redirected straight to discords by other players when they ask about getting better/getting loot and it’s really sad. They miss the actually enjoyable parts of the game and get redirected into an insufferably toxic community that’s really gonna chase them away and demand they use rare dps items that new players can’t get if they don’t chase them away

Reconstruction Teasers

It’s extremely sad to see this. I saw some dudes in YT commented that Discord saved the game. Excuse me?! It has proven that it widened the gap between casual Realmers and Discord-reliant counterparts.

That’s like how even new players already started to use HP ring. Basically what veterans do influences the rookie Realmers’ future gameplay.

Most player have always used HP rings since 2011, you are in a extreme minority.

Wha ya mean I’m the “extreme minority”?

It means almost no one in existence agrees with you on rainbow rings being valid as hp is just presently so much better

Discords did save the game… in a similar way that pets with abilities also “saved the game.” It did indeed revitalize the game for a short time, but as with pets, in the quest for greatness, completion, efficiency, usefulness, or all of the above, as people everyone what owning a pet/using a Discord meant, it everyday started sucking the life out of the game again.

A short term victory, and yet, a long term loss. Only this time, it wasn’t a dev decision, so there is no “patching of Discords.” Even with the recent changes is further evidence that the masses will always adapt.

if discords are such a big problem to you, just dont use them. no one is forcing you to go join a fullskip void with 40 other people. its your choice if you want to do stuff efficiently. if you want to have some fun, just grab a freind and try duoing a void. everyone seems to think that discords are the only way to run dungeons. they’re not. they just offer efficient runs for people who cant spend 23 hours a day grinding this game, or arent in huge guilds like H, CONTENT or jsg.

so you mean it’s the only efficient way to run dungeons, effectively the same thing

What about the sudden queues and huge egos in chat? You expect me to leave just because they showed up? That seems to be what they expect too.

when player organization is considered bad >_>

Just made this post on the unpopular opinion thread lol

They can’t do anything about it, their rules are in affect for users that belong to their discords. if you are not in the group and don’t plan to join in the future you can turn a blind eye. if they are toxic then report them.

I never touch them, and I never wanted to hide my Realmeye location too (because it’s overrated as hell and I don’t give a crap about crashers as long as they no intention of ruining a raid). But I’m pretty sure that comment was meant to reply mines.

“40 other ppl” LOL that’s large group you are talking right now. Efficient yes, except it feels like hell after long time. Good amount of ex-Discord raiders experienced this and ended up leaving the Discord and even quitted the game.

Then don’t be part of it LOL?

Hypocrisy alert!

You meant guild Discord?

Pretty sure it’s just quit and not quitted

“Quitted” is the past tense of “quit” if we are using it here.

So basically, just give up. If I have to give up my playtime to deal with them, then “just don’t use them” isn’t the answer.

That didn’t age well…

I’m not saying to not use them i’m saying turn a blind eye join the run and kill O3. Just don’t purposefully counter

lol what? You’re telling ME not to counter? How am I even supposed to know what a counter is when the dungeon is locked behind so much RNG? If not for the asshats talking about purging players, I might not even know a counter exists. A decent community would guide newer players through and hope for the best. But a Realm Discord… they’d rather me die ASAP.