The General Chat Thread

How close can you get to making another???

I canā€™t, spend all my life on it :^)

Fuck merching

just make a

MAKIng an Assassin to leech all the WCs :^)

profile pic change ez

WAOH

That is horrifying

Delet this

Ty

I been playing another gameā€¦No regret

I might leave rotmg behindā€¦

Just make sure to check out RotMG again if you ever get bored of other games and end up looking for something.

I did and I do not regret it.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Shatter

Huh, itā€™s GHZD!

I watched Ready Player One last night. Good movie, but not at all like the book.
If you havent read the book, read it.

I read the book before the movie. The way Wade got the coin wasā€¦ underwhelming. And a bunch of other changes were strange too. I didnā€™t like the way the movie changed the riddle/challenge for each key.
I donā€™t think what I said above were spoilers.

I also watched Black Panther.

Found a beach bum! Not enough dps tho.

browser ree

If the book is going to be just as much pandering to the ā€œretro nerdā€ hipster crowd and product placement as the movie, except longer and without the cool visuals, then I donā€™t really see a point to reading it.

Spoilers

The whole story is just ā€œsome nerd basically saves the world thanks to his extensive knowledge of useless videogame trivia and gets all the money and the girl in the endā€. The villain just stops right before killing him and lets himself get captured for no reason.

Donā€™t get me wrong, itā€™s not the worst movie ever. Itā€™s quite enjoyable to watch even. But itā€™s not a great movie and definitely not making me want to waste my time reading the book. Kinda like how I enjoyed playing Halo 3 co-op at a friendā€™s home but never gave enough of a shit to bother with the Halo comics or novels.

I found the book to be interesting because, unlike in the movie, in the book Wade had to solve puzzles in order to succeed, rather than simply needing to pick up on overly obvious clues.
I thought was a good book, though I have a hard time explaining exactly why I liked it. If you donā€™t think the book will be your style, then dont read it.

Exactly. The movie simplified the puzzles way too much, and completely changed them as well.

This is why I have a policy of only read the book or only watch the movie. Doing both very often sets yourself up for a letdown.

The problem is that the book is almost always the first one out. However, now that I read less anyway, I usually have the option if I wait.