The Golden Ankh (Weapon)

image Golden Ankh Projectile
*Forged by the Ancient Egyptian spirits for a worthy Pharaoh. Crafted out of a mythical solid gold. This weapon can only be wielded by the most worthy.

The Golden Anhk

Weapon Type: Staff

Stats:

Tier: UT
Shots: 1
Damage: 170-184 (Average: 177)
Rate of Fire: 77%
Projectile Speed: 20 Tiles/Second
Lifetime: 425 Milliseconds
Range: 7 Tiles
Souldbound: image
Stat Bonus: +2 Defence, -7 Wisdom, -28 Maximum MP
Fame Bonus: 5%
Feed Power: 770
~Shots pass through obstacles

Obtained by collecting all three Tomb of the Anceints Treasures (Golden Ankh, Eye of Osiris and the Pharaoh’s Mask).

Authors’ Notes:

Due to dungeon treasures being quite rare drops, I decided to make a very high DPS staff which required all of the dungeon treasures from the Tomb of the Ancients to be collected. I know the DPS is still very high, even with the decrease of the Rate of Fire (resulting in a 15% loss) but take into account the negative debuffs too, which will souvierly affect the players gameplay, especially due to the [-5 Speed (Removed)] decrease, -5 Wisdom (which affects Wis-Mod negatively and -45 [Update: Now -28] Maximum MP (which slightly restricts the use of the players abilities).
However, the damage will stay somewhat consistent on all enemies due to the small damage range (170-184 Damage = 14 Damage range).
Even against enemies with 60-80 this staff still seems fairly useable.

[Note: Shots can only pass through obstacles such as trees and rocks, not to be mistaken for ‘Shots hit multiple targets’]

[Update: Some stat debuffs have been removed/altered (-5 speed and -45 Maximum MP (-28 Maximum MP now)). Increased the defence bonus by 1 in turn for a wisdom and vitality bonus (debuff) decreased by 2 (now both are: -7)]

[RoF has been nerfed to 77% and defence bonus returned to 2 upon suggestion of lowering DPS from @EpicNecros (Vitality decrease also removed)]

Comment you thoughts and criticisms below.
Thank you,
Redox.

People who dont like to use this forum, why?
Legacy Tier Explanation
Fun challenge: Turn all the treasures into usable equipment!
Golden Ankh (WIP)

lmao why’d you post 2? So I take it its a finished project rn?

Yes, most definitely. The last one was a Work in Progress.

Ok, we already have an ankh treasure. Itś a tomb fp drop. We don need another weapon. We need things for the new ´mega dungeon’ thats an upgrade over the forbidden jungle. We need a UT necro set and ninja set. We don need a wand that looks like a scepter. Rethink it please. This is like a UT honey scepter, which we already have in the hive. GL making some of those forbiddenjungle items.

Your comment is irrelevant.

Although I will ask for the staff to be a little less crazy with the stat debuffs (just lower the overall DPS, don’t do the -stats) the concept of combining currently near useless treasures into something actually useful is quite interesting. However, all treasures would need to be SB.

Yes, otherwise they would be sold for insane prices, but at least they’d be put to use besides feedpower.

1 - sorta condescending
2 - why are you the one who suddenly decides what the game does or doesn’t need?

i get that there’s a common theme with “7”, but themewise it’s not that relevant either, considering “7” was probably the least conspicuous number in egyptian mythology.

also, a general rule of thumb is that if it has more than 3 stat changes, it’s excessive. in this case, what’s the point of decreasing wis/vit? they’re inconsequential enough as it is.

i’m on the edge about this. on one hand, it could be a cool dynamic, but on the other hand, it could make fights incredibly easy.

this absolutely needs a nerf. consider this handy dps graph:

this staff outclasses all tiered alternatives at 25 def or beyond. also note that hitting both shots with tiered staves to achieve maximum dps is harder than hitting a single fast moving shot.

rarity doesn’t constitute an excuse to make something blatantly overpowered. that’s a general rule of thumb all ideas should follow.

as of right now, the stat boosts are barely consequential at all. 7 wis doesn’t affect necro or mystic that much, and the trade off for the defense and dps boost is far too overpowered.

Back to +2 defence and a 77% RoF then?

imo, drop the statboosts and slightly decrease the overall dps. at the moment, it’s the absolute go-to for players.
also keep in mind that treasures are tradeable and are thus effected by duping. we don’t want another case of the etherite vs cdirk, do we?

I mean, it was suggested further up to make them soulbound so…

And is this basically an OP Void Bow in comparison to other Stave in the game?

oh yeah, that’s right
but in any case, that still doesn’t justify how blatantly overpowered it is. only on necro would i not be using this mainly because of skull usage, but on other staff classes like wizard and mystic, this would be far too powerful. this level of dps combined with passing through obstacles is far too strong.

Only obstacles though, not walls or enemies. I mean, I’m probably tired but how many obstacles actually stop you from landing you shots?

Hmm just a suggestion. An ankh wouldn’t really be a good idea for a weapon name. It would make more sense for it to be a ring.
To quote: “Additionally, an ankh was often carried by Egyptians as an amulet, either alone, or in connection with two other hieroglyphs that mean ‘strength’ and ‘health’”.
So you should probably change the name. Also you might want to change the sprite cause uhh idk, its the exact same as the feedpower item…
Screenshot (109)

Wow, great ideaaaaaAAAAHAHAHAHAHHA

I dont understand…is this serious or sarc-astic…AAAAHAHAHAHAHHA

I’m serious…
AHHAHAHAHHAHAHA

oh…AAAAAHAHAHAHHA!

I would definately use this staff as a main, idfk what anybody else thinks. The obstacle piercing is extremely exploitable in the glands. Good job! 9.5/10!

Lol, maybe a tad too overpowered then…
I could take the pbstacle piercing off it in turn for extremely fast projectile speeds…I dont really know…Thanks anyway for the feedback.