The Gravewalker

• Overview
    The Gravewalker would be a gigantic creature with parts of the Black Forest on its back, it would spawn once per realm as an event boss such as the Sphinx or Hermit.

• Activation
    Its activation is WIP as I want that to determine some of its fighting style.

When awoken it will randomly select between 3 possible modes- Melee, Mid-Range, and Ranged. These will determine the Gravewalker’s PRIMARY style for the fight, such as if he chases the player or if he spawns minions, even what attacks he is more likely to use.

• Attacks
    The Gravewalker would have plenty of different attacks, some unique to each Mode of course, but attacks that would make him completely randomized, there is no telling what might come next, making it a unique and exciting experience each time you fight it. I still need to think of the attacks and phases it will switch between, but the concept is that he won’t use the same phase twice in a fight unless it is unique to the mode (The unique attack phases will be harder compared to the ones available to all 3 modes).

• Stats
    The Gravewalker’s stats would change for each mode
    Melee- 250,000 HP, 65 Defense.
    Mid-Range- 200,000 HP, 60 Defense
    Ranged- 150,000 HP, 55 Defense

• Loot Drops
    The loot will vary depending on the mode, with each mode having higher chances of dropping ranged, melee, or mid-ranged items.

The UT currently is the Tombstone (No Stats or Sprites currently, just concept)
It would be a UT Shield that inflicts Stun and Weaken at the cost of lower damage.

• Special Thanks
    -RMGnoob

Moved to WIP since this idea doesn’t seem complete yet and OP is asking for people’s help.

No event is guaranteed to spawn. You could do an entire realm from opening to Oryx Castle and not get Hermit or Sphinx, for example.

Do you mean something like Red Demons and Cyclops Gods?

There are already semi-random bosses in the game. O1 starts phases at random, only the rage phase will always happen at the same point in the fight. Esben on 1st phase seems to fire whatever he wants whenever he wants. Flowers in the Belladonna fight are completely random and I’m pretty sure the pillars in the Marble Colossus fight are random as well (especially if you’re in a group that’s regularly killing them). The list goes on.

Sounds like you want it to be an Ability, but of what type? Shield? Quiver? Tome? what?

Not a fan of effects that completely change an enemy’s behavior. Most of the time all they do is make the fight more unpredictable and thus a lot more likely to cause bullshit unavoidable deaths.

The idea is interesting and I like the idea of a gigantic creature with a forest on its back, but it’s really incomplete right now so it’s difficult to judge properly.

Thank you for the comment, You pointed out a lot of things that I didnt… really notice… I may or may not have been playing while creating this. I appreciate the fact that despite all the issues, you like the concept! I will start working on fixing it right now.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.