The Help Thread

This is not a topic where you ask for free gear or pots, it’s where you ask what you are doing wrong. This is my story:
I created my first ever RotMG account 5 years ago, I played before there were pets. Back then it was just me and my friend messing around, we were happy to get to level 15.
I created my second account 4 and a half years ago and am still red star. I see people with white stars and 14 8/8s that created their account just over a year ago. I keep asking myself, what am I doing wrong? In terms of playing time, I am one of the most experienced players in the game. In terms of maxed stats and fame, one of the lowest. The most base fame I have ever achieved is 600 and I have never fame trained. I always think to myself, this character is the one, I’m finally going to break through the wall and go places. But after 5 years, it hasn’t happened. I rage quit for months at a time when I lost all my characters. If I lose just one character, I absolutely hate it, but I keep playing. But then, I lose sometimes up to 4 characters in one day, and I quit. I always come back and “start fresh” but with the same result. A chain death of characters that puts me back to the start. My wizard with 600 fame died from an insta pop in oryx castle. I have no idea how it happened because I went to the death screen instantly. The next day, I made a rogue and a priest, and tried to get them up to par They both died on they day of their creation with around 200 fame and close to 1/8. That order of events seems to be my RotMG legacy. I feel like after playing for so long I have such a deep understanding of the game, but I’m getting nowhere. Sometimes I say to myself, once I get into a guild, I can run shatters and tombs and ocean trenches, that will get me through the wall.But because I die so much, I can’t land a good guild that opens a lot of keys. I have been stuck in a time loop . My hope is for this thread to be a place where talented and experienced players can come and help out others. Tell them whatever they’re doing wrong, and how to improve. My hope is that I will become one the players that is helped, and gives help.

Well, all people have different playstyles and such but atleast I can tell you how I got where I am.
I just play like a p*ssy. I don’t take any unneccesary risks. And it also helps that I play with a goal in mind.

Another thing that I feel helps is that I play a bit of all classes, just so I don’t get bored. Boredom can easily lead to stupid deaths.

These people play either +50 hours a week or use hax/duping.

Some tips:

Analyse your deaths
Get a good pet (hp/mp heal)
Dont play when in rage/tired/sick/drunk etc.
The stuff that jonassmann said
Dont play on a maxed char immediatly after you died
Dont risk your char for a loot chance (Can I afford to die? aka Risk VS Reward)
You could also try to make a char and only use it for doing low-risk stuff (snakes/glands/sprites etc.)

Sorry I got my stuff mixed up, I was typing really fast and not really thinking(more like ranting) I forgot to mention that the red star account I use currently is my third account, my second account is shipleyejs(I don’t know how to do that screenshot thing you did for my third account). If there are some things that aren’t clear it is probably because I thought them through in my head and didn’t type it.

yes, but from what? I play at a constant <24 fps all the time. I am extremely familiar with lagspikes and seemingly instant behavior changes. I actually don’t die from lag, because it’s actually very predictable. if you can tell me what was going on at the time of your deaths, I can almost definitely tell you what it is that you missed. then you can improve :slight_smile:

(also cowards survive longer than others, just play safe.)

If you don’t have already get second char slot and use to max other chars (I’m not speaking from experience cus free to play is fun)

It looked like some of the oryx suit of armors. I say them come at me, but I have no idea how at the most 4 managed to pop me instantly before I had time to react.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.