The Kraken's Lair, Another Boss Dungeon By Sturky

Greetings, People! I am Sturky, and Happy Thanksgiving to you all, and on the menu we got Calamari, enjoy the feast!

( Wow that was like the shortest introduction message i’ve ever done. )

But uh, anyway, It’s the Kraken’s Lair! Another classic dungeon from the Kabam Forums, it was only a couple of days after the Hidden Laboratory that I released this on those forums, but clearly those days have changed to months over here, sorry bout that.

There’s a lack of in-battle examples in this idea as well, but it’s the same story as the Crystal Caverns, I have awful time management, I’ll get those done in due time, but it’s Thanksgiving, so it may take a bit, and hopefully it doesn’t take 3 months this time am I right?

Credits

@Atrapper : For an early review

@Piggby : For sprite feedback ( And basically doing the Kraken Sprite for me )

@Xaklor : For the Tiled Program

Reddit Post Link: https://www.reddit.com/r/RotMG/comments/7f0b0c/the_krakens_lair_a_dungeon_idea_thing/

Lore of Rotmg

Good idea!

I really had a blast reviewing this! It’s a great concept with nice art and good attack patterns.

There’s nothing I really dislike about the fight. It’s well thought-out and has a ton of variety.

The only sprites that can use some work are the Kraken and Tentacles, but I understand why you didn’t change them.

9/10. It’s an overall great boss dungeon!

Well good news, Piggby INSISTS on revamping them himself, so it’s actually getting an improvement after all.

Here you go:

<3 the new sprites

That moment when @Piggby’s Kraken Resprite has more likes than the original post.

calamari = cooked squids

therefore kraken = calamari

random item !!!1!eleven!!!

its a sword ok

Unnamed tho :frowning:
no hate pls

Desc: You struggle to hold onto the eye as the tentacle thrashes wildy in your grip.
shots: 1
ROF: 135%
damage: 150-210
Projectile Speed: 10 tiles/second
Lifetime: 400 milliseconds
Range: 4 tiles
Fame Bonus : 5%
same shot pattern as the nectar crossfire but with shorter range (randomly pick a path for the shot with rng)

You didn’t specify what kind of weapon it is, it says cleaver, so I assume ninja as they have had a cleaver before, but it could also be a sword, be more specifical.

Wow, this is an amazing idea!

Just one concept I think would be pretty cool would be if certain attacks would actually, instead of damaging you, would refill your oxygen up to 100%, meaning you could use those to stay full on air.

I really love it! Creative and refreshing. Give me dagger plis :stuck_out_tongue:

i like the idea. the sprites are awesome.

Everything is so cute, I love calamari too, you should also make it drop calamari pet food, the sprites are good and the main boss is so cute, I have a question too, how do you get custom sprites in pfiffel? Or is it photoshop. Great idea.

You edit it in.

Ok ty pig :slight_smile:

This is a really small complaint, but maybe split up the intro paragraph into multiple sentences.

My one complaint is that the kraken looks rather cute than fierce. :rofl:

I love it, however it seems like it would fit more into a OT bonus boss rather than an Oryx’s Castle court boss, does anyone else agree?

He did specify, he said that it was a sword

He edited the post after I had said that.