The magma god trickster set

The magma god trickster set:
A set that encourages strategic placement of the decoys by providing an on par trickster set without the procs, but with the buffs turns the class into an absolute machine of a trickster, with buffs to all stats, and the shot rate buff to the dagger. It’s meant to encourage more of an aggro drawing trickster as opposed to the more rushing oriented builds we have today. As a trickster main myself I’ve always pondered over what exactly the class is SUPPOSED TO BE. I mean we have so many different types of prisms and playstyles to match them (which is part of the reason I love the class so much). But beyond all this, I’ve always seen trickster as an aggro drawing class. I’ve always chosen dswords over t0, brain over ghostly, even dire over echoes! The closest I’ve seen to my own when it comes to playstyle is the use of brain of the golem in fullskip lost halls runs, and this gave me a great idea.
What if we took more advantage of trickster’s team capabilities?

Overcharged lava core:

prism_idea_3

“Taken from the heart of a volcano, the only thing standing in between you and a fiery death is the frigid cold inside your own heart”

• Tier: ST

• MP Cost: 120

• Duration: 3 (while key held, stunned and invulnerable , when key released, decoy is activated but the status effects stay until the 3 seconds is over)
    Decoy lasts 6 seconds and stands in place, places on character.

• Cooldown: 10

• Special properties: for every enemy that attacks the decoy, +1 to each stat, and +10 to HP/MP
    A maximum buff of +10 to each stat and +100 to HP/MP,
    If ten hits (from 10 different enemies) are achieved, then you earn a new buff: OVERCHARGED (which will cancel if the lifetime of the decoy ends without 10 hits)

[Overcharged only enables after the entire set is equipped]
OVERCHARGED: for 10 seconds after your stat increases cap, you get armored and speedy. (Is this OP? On paper it looks broken but looking at how hard it would be to perfectly aggro ten separate enemies into your decoy

• Fame Bonus: 5 percent
  • Feed Power: 900

+2 att
+10hp

The purpose here is to encourage placing a good decoy and it GREATLY rewards you for it, giving you a massive buff that’s literally 2.5 omnis (and who doesn’t want that lol)

Dagger of ten thousand meteorites:

[Image might be a little bit bigger here, file corrupted so I had to take a screenshot of my spriters work :confused:]
" with the power of your own mind, You will bring down the stars"

-Damage: 130-210
-Firerate: 85 percent
(Shot sprite is that of a conducting wand)
-Special property (only activates when full set is worn):once 2 enemies attack your decoy, fire rate is boosted to 100 percent
-fame bonus: 5 percent
-feed power: 400
This was obviously another thing to promote use of the prism in a proper manner, once the buff is active it SHOULD directly out damage all the other daggers. I made the threshold 2 just to make it a little bit easier to get the buff as opposed to the overcharged, which wont always be as easy to activate.
The purpose is to not have another etherite or ripper on our hands, where the dagger itself is worth using MORE with other parts of the set, but to have something that’s better with the rest of the set and not broken on its own.

Fire and brimstone cuirass:
armor_idea_1_2
“The very thing that can kill you will protect you, remember that and stay humble”

+12 def
+40 hp
+4 att
-special property: for every 2 enemies that attack a decoy, 1 stat is doubled. Max of 3. Lasts until the lifetime of the decoy ends (if overcharged is reached, than it ends whenever overcharged ends)

Mask of the magmatic deities:
“They were here long before you were born, and they’ll be here long after you’re gone. Their time in your hands is just a brief blink in their eons of living”
mask_idea_2

Stats:
+120 hp
+6 att
-Special attributes: once overcharged is reached, boost the stats obtained by the prism( the +10 to each that and 100hp and mp) DOUBLE. Lasts until overcharged ends.

I hope you guys enjoyed my first realmeye ideas post, this one has been a long time coming. Special thanks to my spriter, @fasdzakYT .Constructive criticism is welcome, thank you very much for your time.

Edit: I realize now that i didnt include a set bonus, which is +150hp, +25mp, +5att, +3def

Just want to point out how overcharge only activates if wearing the whole set, so the ring’s boost will always be used. This means that it doesn’t matter which piece it gets put on, which takes away the uniqueness from the ring. I feel that the ring should always provide a boost when the overcharge requirements have been reached, even if you don’t have the full set on. But with the full set, it would boost in strength and provide the boosts shown.
I also think that all of the pieces should be more progressive, starting off weaker than shown above but gaining in strength with each additional piece worn. This would make it more like the other sets, where you get lesser bonuses for wearing part of a set.

I agree with this for the most part, but the purpose of my set was for everything to be mediocre to good on it’s own, but put together it is a powerhouse. Everything Is dependent on the prism which depends on the skill of the player to properly place it and use the invulnerability. I like the way deca is going now with creating less powerful STs on their own (though they do have their own proc, which my set doesn’t have without the FULL bonus) but they build up to create a good set. I could have made everything less dependent on the prism, but I think that would have taken away from the direction I wanted the set to be in. I wanted something to change the playstyle of trickster to more of an aggro drawing class while also making it very fun to use. With everything dependent on the decoy, you’re left thinking to yourself how many enemies there are, and if it’s worth it to decoy at this time, and so many other factors. It may seem like the pieces on their own aren’t that good (especially the ring, which in response to that I show you the pirate king ST ring which is one of the worst rings in the game, but it gives a massive buff when the 4th piece is put on) I wanted the set to be worth it if you got the full thing, not just one item

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.