The Marksman

Have you considered it dropping from a certain beloved vampire?

I think it would fit in with all the “holy” items that Lord Ruthven likes to drop.

Loving the changes! But here are some more tips based on the new content.

I say change the flask of light back, it’s new sprite doesn’t look like a flask to me and I much perfer the old one. As for the tiered vials how about you try changing the pattern on the front as it goes up some tiers? It works pretty well for the spells :wink:

Don’t forget that all tiered items have a set feed power! You should probably change them to match.

The feed power for tiers

Thanks for the tips! I like both of the light flask sprites in their own different ways, but I guess I’ll change it back. I didn’t know that the tiered stuff has set feed power though. I’ll have to change that back. I may have to revisit the patterns on the flasks; that was my original thought, but I decided otherwise.

It’s all up to you! After all the assassin posions only differ in color, go with whatever you think is best.

I’ll try to draw all of the flasks with unique patterns, but if I don’t like them I’ll not keep the changes. I’ll also try to improve the light flask, with it still keeping the general profile of the original sprite.

Needs more shading on the actual Vial. It’s always just a plain color, add some more depth. Other than that your doing well!

Okay, thanks!

Not really. Damaging gives a percent damage bonus, and would benefit the dbow just as much as tiered bows. What I mean is something like bonus 100 damage in each arrow, no matter how much that arrow would have dealt without the bonus. So if you deal 900 damage with each dbow shot, now you’re dealing 1000 per shot, which isn’t that big of an increase, but if you deal 100 damage per covert shot, now you’re dealing 200 per shot and 600 per bow-fire, a significant increase.

this is actually not true. like I said, damaging has a greater effect on high RoF/multishot weapons than slower single shot weapons.

those quadruple-digit damage numbers are deceptive, they aren’t as nearly effective as turning the covert’s “350’s” into “550’s”

but your idea works too, and better. this is just a simpler approach using already existing mechanics.

Yeah, you’re right, dbow and covert are only affected equaly by damaging when against 0 def enemies.

I dabbled a little in what stats could be coupled with a damaging ability for a bow user and the best way to make covert stronger then dbow for high values of defense is by having a a high attack and a low dex, like in your graph. But then that class would be as strong as the archer/huntress when the ability is not activated and crazy strong when it is, which is a no-no.

So yeah, maybe I’ll develop my idea further. See what comes out of it.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.