The Mason: A Class Idea by POWER

What comes before 2013? 2012.

It’s time to revive one of my oldest ideas. Behold:

Please don’t judge these sprites (some of them are cringeworthy).

The Astrologist: A Class Idea by POWER
(class) A spin off of the "mason" by power

Damn dude. All of your ideas are so full of creativity. However, I suck at seeing if things are balanced. I like the idea though!

As usual, I really love your idea @PwrNewAcct. The cube idea is really unique and creative, and you definitely put a lot of effort into this! I recommend you put more explanation into how each cube works, but maybe it’s because I’m stupid and I can’t understand anything. Good effort and good sprite-work too! Maybe change the stat caps so it’s better; most is at 50, which isn’t that good.

nice idea!
I have some comments about it:

1. Trolling

This might be a problem where a mason could just troll and place cubes in front of people to reduce their damage or even place cubes in front of a test chest.

1. Ancient stone cube

The high health pool of it could possibly be used to just put on top of bosses, causing them to be sort of stunned for a long while from a distance which might be overpowered. Especially with people healing 45 mp/s this could be too strong.

1. Max stats

Maxed stats for the class seem underwhelming, usually classes excel at atleast 1 stat, having a max of 75 in that area but the majority of max stats are in 50s and 1 60 so perhaps you should buff it

Overall it’s a nice idea

From the link:

• Point the cursor to the place where you want the wall.
  • Wall appears there.
  • Walls can be walked through by players but not enemies.
  • Enemy attacks damage walls.
  • Player attacks don’t damage walls; instead, they go through them and the walls don’t count as part of the range. However, there is damage reduction.

Fixed ancient stone cube:

Cubes are unable to be placed nearer than 3 tiles from a boss, 2 tiles from a non-boss god, and 1 tile from a normal monster.

Buffed the wisdom to 75.

I don’t think putting it on top of test chests will do anything because players can walk right through walls, but I don’t have a quick solution to putting cubes in front of people.

I don’t see any reason for the damage reduction, it’s not really needed and kinda damages the co-op function if someone doesn’t want a wall that lowers their damage being placed.
Do u think you should remove it?

Very nice idea! It’s unique and well thought-out, pretty balanced, and seems like it would be fun to play.
8/10. This idea is great!

That’s a good idea. I’ll probably have to nerf the wall stats then.

Overall great Idea!

I love how this character creates more strategy in the game but also not making it too complicated at the same time.

One thing is maybe take a look at the defense for the character. Even know the walls are being used to help protect The Mason. It is kinda falling behind paladin. The paladin has heals but the mason has walls. Maybe buff his def cap to 30 or add some defense to the cube. (Also, think how cool the ancient stone cube and candy coated armor would be together).

Have a good one!

Ancient stone cube gives +20 def. T5 cube gives +8def + 8dex Demon cubegives +20 att. This this has the greatest buffs from an ability I’ve ever seen.

Yeah, I do think the bonus stats on the cubes are just too high.

Also, it says, and I quote, that the Crystal Cube has a “-100% reduction”. Just to make sure, that means a +100% increase in damage? Double damage? Isn’t that too much?

Overall, I like the idea. The damage reduction on non-crystal cubes might be a problem, consider removing it. I also think the extension of range to shots that pass through the wall isn’t necessary.

Me likey. Looks original. Sprites are kool. 9/10

Side Note: You have been posting a lot here! Thanks for making Realmeye Forums the place for your wonderful ideas!

LOVE IT
one thing I think you could change though is his weapon. Can we give him a hammer? Plllllllleeeeeaaassse

Idea updated. Removed damage reduction through cubes to prevent trolling, nerfed stat bonuses and cube stats (due to no damage reduction), replaced cube of the malevolent demon with hypercube of elemental creation as a more unique cube (malevolent demon was just a huntress trap)

How are you so good at this whole “ideas” thing xD

Teach me da ways @PwrNewAcct Plllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeee

btw these are quite old ideas, so he probably spent lots of time and effort

the range extension is/was something i was doing with something abou something, oh well, just ignore this line.

this would be the ultra team suppose, screw priest/mystic/pala/warrior.[quote=“Benleekids, post:14, topic:6162”]
one thing I think you could change though is his weapon. Can we give him a hammer? Plllllllleeeeeaaassse
[/quote]

no need to make a new weapon for just one class[quote=“MeteorMons, post:17, topic:6162”]
Teach me da ways @PwrNewAcct
[/quote]

i suggest you read

or just put overall a lot more time

I can see so many LoZ-like dungeons from this.

Classic moving stones puzzles to unlock the boss room key.

Thank you all for your support! Scorchmist basically said everything I would: these ideas (or at least the concepts behind them) are old, and I will not be churning them out at this pace in the future.

Again, as Scorchmist says, just make sure to have a developed concept for each idea and spend time making it and I’m sure they’ll turn out high quality.