The Medium Class

So far sprite, base stats, max stats, frontal textures. Ability and other directional sprites to be added soon (sorry if the gif is a little shaky)

Class GIF-downsized_large

Base Stats -> Max Stats
Health: 100 -> 670
Mana: 130 -> 445
Attack: 10 -> 50
Defense: 0 -> 25
Speed: 10 -> 65
Dexterity: 15 -> 50
Vitality: 5 -> 30
Wisdom: 10 -> 80

Ability is the lantern, stats being added soon

Wood Lantern T0
screenshot_20180410_200834
A lantern made of wood

Copper Lantern T1
Screenshot (20)
An eerie lantern made of old copper

Deepsea Lantern T2
Screenshot (21)
Said to contain the souls of those who drown
+3 vitality

Ashlit Lantern T3
screenshot_20180422_225904
The cage of those who burned at the stake
+5 vitality

Arcane Lantern T4
screenshot_20180422_230241
Said to have so many spirits in it that you can hear their final screams from the lantern repeated over and over
+7 vitality

Golden Lantern T5
screenshot_20180422_231413
The heroes who ventured in envy, only for fame and rare treasure, there souls ended up in a fitting lantern, forced to serve the medium who held it
+9 vitality

Fractured Lantern T6
screenshot_20180422_231641
All spirits that saved, whether they were man or monster, end up in this mix of heroes ready to serve another
+11 vitality +2 wis

Texture of a Hero’s Soul
screenshot_20180410_205950

Tiered Lantern Stats
Spawns: 1(0-1), 2(2-3), 3(4-5), 4(6) Hero’s Souls (+1 for every 20 wis above 50)
That shoot bullets dealing: 10 (0), 20(1-2), 30(3-4), 40(5), 50 (6) armor piercing damage (+2 for ever 3 wis above 50) every: 4, 3.5, 3, 2.5, 2, 1.5, 1 seconds with a range of: 4, 4.5, 5, 5.5, 6, 6.5, 7 tiles that: don’t pierce (0-4) or pierce (5-6)

They have: 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90 Hp (+1 for every wis above 60) with: 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, 12 defense

They circle the player and cost: 70, 80, 90, 100, 110, 120, 130 mp to use, with a 5 second cooldown

When key is held
Immunity to darkness, blind, quiet, and confused resistance
Spirits gain +5 defense and attack 10% faster doing 10% more damage, spirits also gain healing, disgusts self (like sick, but for MP, keeps this ability from being permanently able to be done)
Drains 30 MP a second

They are permanent and using the ability while they are still alive heals them or respawns dead ones, spirits from different orbs will not be replaced until they’ve died (so using a T6 orb while all the T3 ones are out will give you 2 T3 ones and 2 T6 ones, the T3 spirits would have to die before T6 ones can be summoned in their place. Being quieted will instantly kill all spirits UT spirits use a different texture than that of the tiered spirits

The Dragon’s Lantern UT
screenshot_20180422_232510
The lantern seems to stare at you pitifully, you can sense that is Limoz ashamed at his defeat

MP cost: 160
Spawns 6 Abundant Medium Shields
Same sprite as Abundant Shields
HP: 300 (+3 for every 2 wis above 60)
Def: 20 (+1 for every 5 wis above 50)
When key held:
Spirits gain armored
Drains 15 mp a second
Drops from: Ivory Wyvern
These shields are to face tank non-piercing shots and can provide a lot of latice hp
It can also be used to permanently apply armored to your spirits (although they only have a tiny bit of defense, so it won’t help much)
+4 def +4 vit +30 HP

Just remembered I had this sprite, using it as a skin the drops from Skuld now
screenshot_20180123_155716

What’s with the mana and the wisdom?

I like the sprite.

It’s going to be more ability oriented, thus the high MP and Wis

I’m just proud of the hat.

But it literally breaks the max stat limitations. I mean, of course the stats can be increased, but it doesn’t match up with other stats and characters.
Edit: I noticed the raw damage this class has. Why??? And the vit too.

I had to cover for my boss while she left to go to our wearhouse to have a scheduled exorcism done…

She got very offended when i asked how the exorcism went and told me never to use that word near her.

People are weird.

The damage and vit are very low when compared to other classes
Also there are no set limits

i just have a question
what does this have to do with this class?

He’s talking about exorcism, which is more priest based than medium based, unless she was going to a medium

I know the damage and vit is extremely low, which is kind of bad.
On the other hand, it sets a new max for wis and mana. So now classes like priest and mystic do not have the highest possible stat (without equipment and such) in any stat.
Also, the max wis stat becomes 80 without any equips and such, which is uneven with many other stats. While the highest def without equips and such is 40 for knight, it’s still weird to have another stat reach past 75.

She sees a medium for it.

Yeah, how are people that have been generally associated with demons throughout history going to cast out demons?

Seems like a not very well thought through choice. Especially since mediums are fake (probably why she didn’t want to talk about it)

aaaaaaaaaaaaah ok

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah ok

Haha, I can just picture you asking her that casually when she got back.

“So boss, how was that exorcism?” :joy:

I like lanterns, so this interests me.

Added 2 more sprites with descriptions

These two statements seem to contradict each other. How can a class be ability oriented if the spirits can’t be replaced until they die, and using the ability while spirits are still alive only heals them? plus a 5 second cooldown. I don’t remember rates of mp heal, but 130mp every 5 seconds doesn’t seem to justify a new max for stats

I was planning on adding a hold in to use ability and have just brainstormed on what it would be. It will improve wisps while also granting blind and darkness immunity, and it’s NOT going to be dirt cheap, maybe around 30 MP a second, also adding a health and regen based wismod for the souls (as in it will grant them regen and increase their health, this makes wisdom rings possibly better than hp rings for this class in certain situations) Remember, it is WiP

I FINISHED IT!!!