The Multiverse (RoTMG Concept)

What if people had to fight the Void Entity possessing the bosses mentioned and shown at the end of the first fight to reach the actual Void Entity again?
But then different phases and attacks would have to be made for each boss, and that would be a whole lot of work.

Is this supposed to be [redacted] from [redacted]?

To be honest I kinda ran out of ideas. A multiverse is a series of multiple realms, so…yeah. I didn’t want to put the Nest or the Shatters in because there are many separate bosses, and the Multiverse would be confusing with the whole lot jumbling here and there.

Okay, I usually don’t get this many replies all at once, and I’ve been doing this for a long time, so I’m just gonna come back to this later so I’m less confused about this whole thing.

O3 plox

I understand what you are saying. But it does not necessarily have to be the actual dungeon. For example, you could have a dungeon called the Multiverse where there are multiple rooms with a single boss in each. The next room cannot be entered and the next boss cannot be activated until the boss before it is killed. At the end could be a portal to the final void entity fight.
2 ways this could work would be rooms positioned linearly, or a type of design where there are multiple routes but you can only take one, and they all lead to the final room. (this can be done in a way similar to LoD) Perhaps you could have the rooms randomized without quest markers, so players have to choose a path without knowing the risk or reward.

Void 2 looks like a spider with down syndrome tbh

So I found some problems

no nexus??

Don’t think this is lord rutheven

minions give the void most of its difficulty. even if the shots are random, void 2 doesn’t present enough of a challenge (unless the bullets are hella fast, in which case it wouldn’t even be fun).

A random roll for whether u die or not? Think of if the last shot was a paralyze bullet.

No shot pattern means less organization which means it’s less fun overall.

also as of currently it’s not immune to stun

I’m going to let this topic run its course, I just want to say one thing.

Do check your maths please.

Concept wise its not very good. The name is kinda misleading since multiverse refers to multiple dimensions and this is just a specific one. You can refer to all of the other dimensions created in rotmg, ie. void, oryx’s paracrosm as the multiverse but you cant name a specific dungeon after it.

Sprite could use a little work and after LH 2.0, I dont think we need another void themed dungeon for a while

I don’t mean to hate on your idea but…
Just no, this idea barely had any thought and creativity in it. It’s not very detailed and the only things you made yourself were the staff and the “Void Entity 2” which resembles nothing like the
current Void Entity.

But that’s kind of the point isn’t it? If you want to create a dungeon, it has to be complex rather then basic. That’s what sets is apart and makes it interesting

I think you know what I mean.

It’s an expression.

Of course it’s fun. The random shots prevent the players preparing, so you have to always be ready for what’s about to come.

How about it’s random sprayed in a cone rather than the full 360 area and he can aim up to 4 cones at a time (towards the 4 closest)

you should still fix the first two, they may not be big problems, but are still problems nonetheless. it doesn’t make sense if you’re fighting to the death, except you can nexus but the void can’t. it also doesn’t make sense for that particular expression in this case; the void has to do more with souls than blood.

now onto random shots:
here are my reasons why i dont like them.
1.) they’re lazy, you’re not even trying to give the void an arsenal of shot patterns. maybe you could make a lot of different phases, and randomize those, so that it would at least seem like you tried (im perfectly aware that you stated that you rushed this, just maybe something add later).

2.) they’re annoying, you might not get shot for a solid half a minute and then a bullet hell happens randomly. over time this makes people not want to do this dungeon.

3.) they’re unfair, although rotmg is rng based game, this is pushing it too far. to have an alternate final boss of the game be completely luck based is just unfair. what if you get hit by 4 paralyze bullets in a row? you pretty much have to nexus no matter what.

take some inspiration from other dungeons. shatters is fun for a lot of things, including difficulty and pattern. shatters is fun because the majority of it is skill based, and you get a relatively similar map every time you pop the key. that way, you can actually practice the dungeon and get better at it. your dungeon right now? completely random shot patterns that can either make the dungeon a walk in the park or actual hell.

are there any other drops other than the mediocre staff?

Just because they ended up strangely, it doesn’t mean that I was too lazy. But I’ll fix them as you said.

That’s why this is in WIP. I’m adding more stuff to it, so just be patient.

Status immunities? Shot speed? Tomb and ice tomb don’t really fit the theme. How does the boss move? Too many problems, could be a good idea with some work and tweaking though.

Ok yay, another one of your posts.
Criticism 1: the boss looks like a giant ball of sentient jizz, he really has no shape, unlike the void entity. Honeslty if you just took a tinting tool to the normal void entity sprite and colored it yellow, it would be better.
Criticism 2: the entire dungeon is just a way easier way of going through your favorite dungeos, what’s the incentive for even going to the final boss, I’d just go up to the toa stage.
Criticism 3: the staff is literally a buffed Esben that takes all of the tiny bit of niche the Esben has and compleatly butt f**king it. Also the sprite looks like one of those glow stick wands I get for my cousins sweet 16.
Critisim 4: the normal void entity doesn’t have much incentive to do, it takes too long and only gives life and mana most of the time and a very small chance for some good u.ts. Most people just do cultist, it’s an easier fight and you still get life and mana. And a great necro set that makes the necro a fricken beast.
Critisism 5: you are literally to lazy to think up attack patters, it literally seems like you just wanted to crap something out fast, take time on big ideas, and do them right.
Toodles- void

most of LH group will kill that in 5 seconds, no joke.

Lmao Void 2 weaker than Void 1 :thinking: