The new HUDL White Drop stats aren't the greatest.

Hello, I just wanted to get something quick out of my chest. I just found out about the new HUDL Doom Bow Re-Creation, so basically a stronger version of said bow. I have an issue with it. The whole list of the stats and such of the bow is the following:

Description: This ancient bow has became stronger through the ages.
Tier: UT
Shots:1
Damage: 400–500 (average: 450)
Projectile Speed: 14 tiles/second
Lifetime 0.503 seconds
Range: 7.042 tiles
Effects: Player is Dazed for 5 seconds when getting hit by projectile that deals 50 or more damage.
Piercing: Shots hit multiple targets
Rate of Fire: 45%
On Equip: +10 DEX
Fame Bonus: 7%
Soulbound
Feed Power: 900

The issue here is the Dazed status effect; it’d destroy the logic and effect of the new stats you gain once said bow is equipped. Instead of making you dazed, I’d recommend to push it from +10 DEX to +3-5 DEX or just a lower Rate of Fire, in this case maybe 30-35%. Thanks.

I think the ancient dbow is fine where it is, if you removed the daze effect it will still be op with your said changes.

Why? The dazed part urged to dodge which is kind of challenging.

Imagine yourself in a dungeon, you are chased with full of bullets and you have to dodge every single bullet. Dodging barrage of bullets in a limited space sounds fun isn’t?

If the dazed part is deleted it’s just a straight upgrade of doom bow and I don’t want that.

no i’m lazy xd

The problem is the exact same problem as the spirit staff and cosmic.

Yes, the spirit staff does more damage on low tier enemies at low def compared to the cosmic. But the problem is that’s only assuming that you have perfect accuracy. The moment you miss a shot the cosmic is better. And thanks to the poor weapon arc you’re going to miss some shots. This means cosmic is almost always better and the spirit staff is essentially useless.

It’s the exact same problem with the new Dbow.

1. The amount of times you’re going to be in a flawless dodging scenario is so low that the regular Dbow will beat it pretty much every time.
  2. Not only that but you will most likely need to reduce your dps in an effort to perfectly dodge. This also puts you behind someone with a regular dbow who is facetanking some shots.

I’m sure with testing the real game dps of the new Dbow will be worse than the original Dbow in pretty much every single scenario. Thus, it’s a downgrade.

Wait, Ancient Doom Bow now drops or am I misreading something?

No, it’s still unreleased.

Wow, a high-tiered item vs a white from an insanely easy dungeon with it’s own niche, I wonder which one would do more damage!

Player is Dazed for 5 seconds when getting hit by projectile that deals 50 or more damage.
Who said you needed to play perfect? You just need to dodge projectiles over 50 damage.

I’m a human being. I can definitely aim AND dodge at the same time, I’m not stuck trying to do one thing over the other.

Puri Priest Puri Priest

Edit : Hmm come to think of it this game is co-op and ancient dbow is a ranged weapon a bunch of melee classes should be there tanking the shots. On top of that there is puri that let you netralize negative status effect which is op.

And geb’s tome :smiley:

Also it gives def some sort of a chance in mid level dungeons to compare with HP.

1. I’m all for weapons having a niche. But spirit staff essentially has no niche unless you count stationary chests a worthy opponent. Yes I feel the same way about the extreme prejudice

2. Relying on priests to puri you (btw puri is another rare item) isn’t a good strategy.

3. There are lots of high tier bosses where tanking shots nets you more dps.
    Tombs - Everyone lines up
    Marble Defender - Everyone lines up
    Marble Colossus - Everyone lines up
    Void Circling - Everyone circles and tanks some damage.

4. A ton of projectiles deal 50 damage if you have no armor. I’m not sure if armor factors into the discussion.

First off, armor does count. Second off, the point was to state that spirit staff to cosmic shouldn’t be compared to doom bow vs ancient doom bow because spirit staff is legit just garbage. Third off, just because it’s not the best everywhere doesn’t mean that it’s not a solid bow.

If you’re going by the strict definition of shot damage then

Effects: Player is Dazed for 5 seconds when getting hit by projectile that deals 50 or more damage.

Combat

Attacks

Aesthetics Damage Condition effects Speed (tiles/sec) Range (tiles) Comments
White Bullet 80 7 14 Piercing

Unless I’m missing something even one single ball from a construct will render the bow useless.

Most characters tend to have more than, you know, 30 defense. Archer and Huntress included.

Yes but it specifically says on the wiki that the shot deals 80 damage.

Does the player need to take over 50 damage for the weapon effect or does just the inherent nature of the shot affect it?

The exact wording ‘hit by projectile that deals 50 or more damage’ could be open to interpretation. By the strictest definition a construct shot is a projectile that deals 50 or more damage.

They should change the definition to “hit by a projectile and loses 50 or more health”.

At any rate you guys are desperately trying to defend a subpar weapon not worth the time of grinding. Unless of course it has ~1300 feed power then I for sure will be grinding it lol.

Maybe we should wait for the weapon to actually be released before we judge it. After all, it may turn out that with an actual incentive to dodge, many players will develop the necessary skills to make full use of the bow. This is a feature we haven’t seen before, so I think we should give it a chance, at least until it actually exists and we can use it.

That is not the actual description of the weapon. The actual description is

You are dazed for 5 seconds when getting hit by a projectile.

which then has

damageThreshold=“50”

it’s not up for interpretation, it’s definitely the damage you take.

The entire point of this bow in my opinion is to bring the skill needed to complete an Epic Dungeon into the rest of Realm.
So just based off of that, I’ll give you a big, juicy No.

Ok I was just going off of the posted information.