The prism of dire instability

I feel that with the new changes to the ghostly prism, it almost completely beats out the dire instability, and its main problem is accuracy. The dire instability works like any other decoy prism, the decoy is based on general direction rather than precise locations. This works for most prisms as the only concern of the player is that the decoy moves in a certain direction and only in very specific situations would the player consider specific locations: behind the oryx puppet to focus shots away from player, in front of oryx ect. But with the dire instability decoy, attempting to aim it with only ‘general direction’ will only mean that it will miss 80-90% of shots either because it travels too far, or too short, the prism needs a more precise aiming method.

Im seconding this, totally agree with you. As a prism that doesnt make you teleport to the location of your mouse, it would be nice if you could send the decoy to the mouse location.

That would be an awesome prism.

The only way dire instability is actually useful is when you have chasing enemies. Other than that it’s pretty useless. You can almost never land it on a chest or a stationary enemy. But the fact that it has such high damage, the randomness would make sense, unless you nerf the damage.

It’s kind of like the current Assassin. Useful at O2, maybe Tombs… Some Candy Lands… I actually found specific phases where an enemy jumps on you really helped (for example, Megamoth, Limon’s first phase). They jump on it and get shotgunned for huge damage. But it is very difficult to use. I think the range the decoy runs should be a few tiles less.

Yeah I’d agree with that. I do have to admit it’s also decent for clearing chasing minions. When my trickster was still alive, Id use dire instability for ice cave and oryx’s castle, where the sheer amount of enemies makes davies prism a bit risky.

I got a perfect “spellbomb” with one of these, its more satisfying than using a wizard to do it.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.