The Problem with Greater Life (and my solution)

This is a simple idea, really.

We all know that multi-window trades can easily end up with a scam, right?

I think that if Potions of Greater Life are more easily accessible to more people, all of this nonsense is bound to reduce. Having more Potions of Greater Life means that a player can trade up to 16L at once, making sales for Decas, Pixies, and Skins much safer.

I am aware that Greater Potions of Life are already around. However, you need to pull out 3L just to get a more comfortable version of 2L. While this may seem like no big deal, it is. Why?

Let’s say you want to trade in a bunch of Life Potions for 8 of their doubled counterparts. You have to spend a whopping 24L for something that has a value of 16L. Many players either can’t afford this or don’t want to do this, as it’s a terrible deal.

In conclusion, the point of Greater Potions of Life is pointless.

My simple solution is to either make them cheaper (which is kind of hard to do, because you can’t sell them for 2.5 Life), or make them drop from enemies! Put in a simple code into the game so, for example, if Malus drops 2 Life Potions, make him drop one Greater Life Potion instead!

Seeing how so many complete the Cultist Hideout every day, this should make a wide impact on the economy.

I like the 3:2 trade for greater pots, a 2:2 trade would mean there isn’t any reason not to convert pots, it’s just free storage space, but a 3:2 trade means you are technically “buying” extra space at the price of a pot (def worth it in my opinion).

Furthermore 9-16 pot trades done in a single trade are now 10-24 pot trades in value, but still treated only as if you are giving 9-16 pots, causing an invisible tax on larger trades, causing less pots in circulation, causing a slightly less broken economy

3:2 trade for greater pots is a lot better than 2:2 trades

The current point of the 3:2 trade is that you can keep them in the gift chest until you need them

counter: because you get them through the tinkerer they go into your gift chest, which has infinite space. the 3rd life pot is the cost to send them to there

oh really? try to ask akram about that infinite space :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve been away for a few months and im trying to catch up before I come back… does this post mean life is actually worth something again? Cause when I left there would have been no problem spending all ur life pots on greater life

at first i thought this said “the problem with life (and my solution)”

I think the solution to this is to sometimes have quests to trade them in for 2 life per (like for events/holidays) and to make them drop in void, halls, next, cult, instead of the 2 life as you said. Also potentially introduce a potion that gives 5 mana and 5 hp increase as a greater Mana and Life Potion.

In addition to the counters, I’m sure most would pay an extra 8 worthless life to not get scammed and lose 16
-_-

Your 8 worthless life can buy you a UBHP – a ton for newer players.

Players like you and me with more experience with the game and easier access to Life? Absolutely.
But RotMG isn’t all like that.
My proposition is ridiculously simple. Just make 2 separate Life Potions into one big Life Potion. Same value, better storage.

My thoughts on why DECA wouldn’t do this is because they want players like us to buy more storage space (more money from the Vaults), but seeing how they already provide Greater Potions of Life in the Daily Quest Room, I don’t see why they shouldn’t take a pro-economy step further by implementing this.

My thoughts on why Deca does this is because halls can drop 1-2 pots not just 2 pots and so adding greater life and mana as drops would inflate the economy permanently (unlike events, which inflate it for a time).

That doesn’t make much sense. If you get 2 Life, you get 2 Life. This just changes the way you get it.

Now, if you got more life, then that would cause inflation.

Gift chests don’t need to gold to be unlocked

having less life in circulation is necessary for a “healthy” economy since there is less demand due to pets and hackers not dying

If you add greater life and mana as a drop to lost halls you would get more life because there isn’t a “if this drops than that can’t drop” function and so you could get a greater life, life, greater mana, mana as a possible drop and that’s just too much, the other option is to code a new function like the aforementioned one, but right now Deca is more concerned about Unity than drastically changing drop tables with an entirely new function that would more than likely be used to prevent certain extra loot from happening in several events later down the road and thus is not a function I want

If there is no such function then why cant the void entity drop more than 2 pots now?

when you realize max limit and an either-or loot system would basically be coded the same way and so now the entire point that was made earlier is null
Welp

1yr before flashbacks

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.