The problem with the game is not that dying is inevitable, the problem is that you have to die to progress

Great now let’s hope and :pray: that deca doesn’t remove the human aspect of trading. But can you tell me how they tracked them? Infiltration maybe?

@GzZio Sounds like a lot of fun to watch it all crumble down :smirk:

We only know of the big ones getting taken down, which is assumedly how deca found them in the first place - reputation

Secrets losing secrecy as time passes and word goes out. You are right its the most posssible explanation.

Depends on preference I suppose. I just wanted to get my items and go on my merry way.

Usually through donations, though usually with some incensitivisation. One server made it possible to skip queue if you donated, and others had small buffs like increased potion storage, increased exp. gain, etc… So I guess Pay to Win in a way, but very minor.

I could not agree more.

So they do have money on mind, eh :wink:? (dont worry im just teasing you i know they need money to run servers)

But hey, thanks for the info, because I’m sure I could not get myself to play on those servs even at the point of a gun.

We do have options if we reach the point where we’re out of fame and vaults are full with items that we want to keep for future pet food:

a) pay the small amount to unlock another character slot, and dedicate that character to “fame farming”;

b) designate one of your current characters as worm food, and, with due regard to getting the most out of its fame (increase your accuracy, complete Tunnel Rat, etc) kill it off. You can save any particularly rare loot if you want, no need to die with super rare items;

c) put your account & characters into stasis until until a free character slot is offered in the logon rewards;
c1) you could make a new alternate account to play on in the meantime, with your knowledge of how the game and fame system works, and the loot, you can optimise how you play on this account (eg. only farm certain dungeons).
c2) you could play an alternate game, only logging in every day to get the rewards.
c3) then when eventually you have been gifted a free character slot, directly or through the 5x char slot tokens, use that slot to “fame farm”.

d) continue to play, but leave items in the bag because you don’t have space for them. Or drop a lesser FP item/a more common item to take its place.

Obviously I’d suggest a) because if you enjoy playing this game, the $ to buy a character slot is a worthwhile investment to upgrade your account. I’ve also done b) c) and d) on alternate accounts. d) is the most annoying because it deters you from joining in dungeons if you can’t pick up the potential loot.

That’s the specific advice, on the general point, it’s not so much the pet system as the soulbound loot that you’re being frustrated by, which necessitates either throwing items away, or not even picking them up, when you’re full up with soulbound items. The original design of the game, and of pets, you could happily continue playing and building up your wealth (either condensing into more valuable items, or muling), and when the inevitable death happens, feed from your wealth to your heart’s content. But with sb, you have to keep all the future food yourself.

Your idea to feed live fame would work fine, it’s effectively the same thing as fame farming, only you don’t need to swap characters to do it. Though I can see why Deca mightn’t be interested, because they seem happy enough to give out the free char slots quite often, and you only need to wait until the next one to make a new fame farmer character (or shell out the $ for one if not wanting to wait).

Everyone crying about how mean bully Deca took down the private servers is missing the point here.

Deca is completely in the right to take down the servers, given they literally use stolen assets and source code, and in some cases making money off of work that is not wholly theirs.

Non-asshole game design isn’t exclusive to private servers. Someone could make their own game, using no stolen code or assets, and it could still have that same general air of design (such as not nickel-and-diming all the things a player wants to do), and Deca couldn’t do a thing about it. I don’t really know too much about pservers, but if I play along and say they are as nice as you say they are, then what really damned them was putting all that work into something that violated ToS, when they could have made their own original game and given you the same amount of enjoyment.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.