The Ranger, a Close-Quarters Bow Class

Yeah, but with heavy armors you could get rid of the bracer altogether and invent another ability… but I get a feeling you don’t wanna do that. :P``

Well, that’d be a whole new class idea at that point tbh.

If someone creates a balanced bow class that makes sense which also utilizes tiered bow’s triple shot I’d certainly praise it.

Just sayin, a lot of these names are already the names of skins or existing items, and when i think of bracers, i think of

Err. Well that is a Gauntlet. Fits the definition perfectly.

Bracers however are not part of the glove, that is separate.

I can’t really help what ya think of. I can only assume it was because of fantasy games, that’s where I learned a lot of stuff, incorrectly.

Also, that is why I included a section on what needed to be changed and how to change it. Literally just name changes, super easy.

Either way, why would a bracer shoot out an arrow?

No, that’s silly. Lol.

It helps the Ranger shoot multiple arrows at once.

Um… okay

Which sprite do you prefer?

0 voters

Finally SOMEONE agrees with me…

Hey, since we last spoke I’ve lowered the damage so that it only does 380 damage more than the shield’s 1650 damage.

Do you still believe it is “OP”? It doesn’t stun or pierce obstacles/enemies like the shield does and has six less defense than a shield. If so please address what you think may need to be changed.

THANK u

Archer: You killed my father!

Ranger: No archer, I am your father.

Archer: Nooooooooo~

i looked up bracer on google, thats how i found the image

Oh, well after doing some research I can confirm that is indeed a bracer. The glove part however is separate, not included with the armor so it would not be a gauntlet.

I was thinking that it was awfully long for a gauntlet too! That bugged me, lol.

Yeah that and it also would do more DPS than those two classes so it would be too op

yeah well… the power of google images lol.

its fine tho, no worries

I’d definitely say that it’s an improvement! My only nitpick now is that it’s green… Not archer green, but green. It does the job well enough, tho, so I can’t complain that much. Definitely worked better than that dirty yellow previously used.

a dps class for a ranged class? holy shit, no, it would break the game(we have wizard already)

something that may or may not have occurred to you, this ability is identical in effect to this UT:

you may or may not recognize it as the Quiver of the Shadows from the Lost Halls. making a “new” ability that exactly replicates the effect of an existing UT seems foolish to me, especially since that means that the ability itself isn’t different enough from existing abilities to warrant creating a whole new class.

also the class sprite is nearly indistinguishable from the default archer sprite.

Thanks, I tried to do something with a vibrant, yet not irritating green color like the Sorcerer has goinbf with the red.

@HerpDerryO Did you only read the title? There is definitely more to it than that.

@Xaklor Err, no I had not known about the existence of that Quiver. Well, the least I can say that it’ll be like the Ninja’s Midnight Star in that it is similar to the T6 Quiver. At least the bracer has more differences between the two than the Midnight Star does.

As for the sprites? Well, suggest what I should do then. I think I did a pretty good job on making it different from the Archer anyway. There are many notable changes, that including different animations.

(Sorry I could not provide a sprite sheet for this sprite, it cause me way more trouble than it was worth last time.)