The Ranger, a Close-Quarters Bow Class

Well, as much as I like the sprites, they unfortunately don’t really fit.

The ability sprites are better suited as Gauntlets rather than Bracers. The character sprites honestly seem weird to me, a personal opinion. We need input from more than one person I suppose.

I’m sure you’ve heard this, but… we already have a bracer. :i

It’s been mentioned up there ^^

But bracer sounds cooler

Wow…thats the best argument I’ve ever seen.

10/10 amirite?

Lol the desc of the t2 and the t6 sound just like Jugg and Colo respectively.

I’m not sure how on earth you missed this since I already brought it up, but with the addition of the garnet/jade bracers you have literally recreated this quiver:

seriously, the only difference between the shadows quiver and the garnet/jade bracers is a couple minor number tweaks and which class can equip them. I can see you’re trying to put a lot of thought into this, but the uniqueness of this class is extremely strained. you countered with the argument that the tiered quivers are far too similar to the midnight star, but at least ninjas have an entirely different weapon and fight at completely different ranges. both the archer and the ranger use exactly the same weapon.

between the ability and the class sprite, this just isn’t “different” enough from the archer. I know the similarities to a single quiver (one of the most endgame items to be specific) don’t feel that close, but if you made a bracer that slows enemies you’d recreate yet another quiver as well, the Beehemoth/Freezing quivers.

I think you need a different ability.

I looked at it once and forgot about it to be completely honest.

It’s unfortunate that I had not taken advantage of the time I had before the Nest and the Lost Halls updates. I had the concepts and everything ready, hell I even posted the class itself but wasn’t motivated enough to work on it.

The only reason why I did repost the class and why I did spend as much effort as I had was purely because I believe that RotMG is indeed ready for additional classes. DECA has made phenomenal improvements to the game balance which gives room for more classes.

My goal, a class that utilized tiered bows, isn’t really feasible with the new content anymore. The few ideas I have left for this concept make zero sense so I will not bother with the alternatives. At the moment, the best bow class we can get is a healer, in my opinion.

The only way for this class to be plausible is to edit existing content. That isn’t going to happen and I wouldn’t want it to either.

Anyway, this’ll probably be my last post in the ideas section as each submission has turned out the same. Existence is futile~

Trust me, I’ve thought about this. Besides, just because an ability is unique doesn’t mean its good. Nothing I’ve thought up looks attractive past this point. (And judging by the reactions, this wasn’t very attractive either.) @Xaklor

I do have three other class concepts, one for Wand and the other two for Katana. I won’t be bothering with them as I’d rather spend my time on something worthwhile though. Might just give these to other people as they will probably be more successful than the Ranger. Dunno.

EDIT: Bah, I was a bit bummed out see as I thought I had wasted so much time. Progress is progress, no matter the result. I’m glad I spent the time I did on it because I enjoyed it. I can’t contain myself, I’ll certainly continue posting ideas on the forums.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

there are ways of making tiered bows attractive aside from making the ability another tiered bow.
for example, multishot bows are more affected than dbow by the attack stat and the status effect “Damaging”.

at 85 attack and damaging, covert beats dbow all the way up to 45 defense. if you made an ability that gave you armored, damaging, and an atk boost, followed by a period of negative atk and def with a cooldown, it would be quite unique. no other class is quite so burst-oriented and the damage combined with armored would be quite tremendous.

there are other ways around this issue, although I would much prefer a second katana class to accompany the ninja over a third bow class.

Oh HELL yeah

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.