The rarity of plague poison

The plague was my first white at cem with my priest (r.i.p :c)and i see at the forums people saying that is very rare,but is it harder to get than the dbow or something?

yes

lol o.O

I’m guessing it isn’t actually any rarer than dbow, but because of the amounts of the dungeon in comparison to the undead lair and how each one takes longer to farm, it is considerably harder to acquire.

And plus there’s a chance that you’ll get a resu
EDIT: why am i a red star if i upgraded to orange star like a month ago?

log out then log back to update your star

I imagine it has the same drop rate as a doom bow, although the quantity of plagues are lower because of several reasons;
Number one, people don’t run cemetaries as often. It’s a long, and sometimes dangerous dungeon if you do not have sufficient def and/or damage.
Number two, there’s the chance you’ll end up with a resu instead. Although, you could of course, get a double white. That being said, I imagine that the drop rate for a white bag in a cem is the same as a doom bow, and the individual chance for either of the two whites are halved.

Yes, if only because the dungeon it drops in is rarer than UDL, harder and takes longer.

Why do you think that?

That’s not how loot works. Each item has its own SB threshold and its own probability to drop.

Because both are very quite rare, individually.

So Plague has the same rarity as Dbow, but it’s actually super rare, but it actually shares its drop chance with resu…

I’m sorry but nothing you say makes any sense.

It does. You just have to look at it from the right angle. In my first message, I ended up concluding that a white bag from a cemetary has about the same rarity as a doom bow. In my second message, I answered you question.

I’ll admit, you saying that “nothing I say makes any sense” looks like you’re lashing out. If you’re seeking a heated argument, I suggest you go somewhere else. Good day to you.

You didn’t conclude anything, you just made assumptions.

What question? Oh you mean when I asked “Why do you think Plague and Dbow have the same drop rate”?

Then you’re still wrong because Dbow is really not a rare white bag to get nowadays. Back in the WildShadow days maybe, but definitely not right now.

On the other hand, you could do hundreds of cemes and still not get any white bags.

I’m not angry or trying to provoke you. What you’re saying truly has no data to back it up and no logical ground to stand on, hence why it doesn’t make sense.

This does? Prove that this is fact to me.

If you don’t trust my experience, you can ask people on the testing server who have direct access to the game’s code and know how things work, for example @Atrapper or @Shatter or @Toastrz .

I’m not 100% sure what the exact values are when it comes to the probability of each drop, but I’m fairly certain Plague and Resu are rarer than Dbow.

I asked you to prove this to me. You can’t go into a discussion and say that a person has no logical ground for their statement, if you yourself make a statement that you don’t have proof for. This is the last message you’ll see from me on this topic. Good day to you, sir.

Yes, plague is rare because horses, the enemy that drops a cem, is already uncommon and the chance of it dropping a cem is like 1/3, then theres the factors of getting a resu, and how long each one takes to complete ~10-15 min, so while it may be as rare as a dbow as others said (rip me i farmed 250 udls for a dbow, dont make this for cems too deka.) it will feel like, 20x rarer due to the reasons stated above.

You also are making assumptions with no “logical ground”. You should probably just stop the argument and accept that nobody knows what they’re talking about.

If you don’t know about SB thresholds and the loot system in general, maybe you should read patch notes more often.

For example:

“Damage from Prism of Dire Instability, Ghostly Prism, Hivemaster Helm bees, Drakes, and all explosive consumables counts towards the user’s soulbound damage.”

“Lowered damage thresholds in Oryx’s Castle and the Lair of Draconis.”

“Reduced Ancient Stone Sword drop rates to compensate for the damage threshold fix (don’t worry, it will still be much more fair to get than before).”

Who cares who proves what he is saying, as long as there is proof? That’s what citations are for, so you can refer to something as true without having proof yourself. @RMGnoob has at least referred to people who likely have an expert opinion. Where are your supporting evidence/sources?

Yep. In XML, <SoulboundLoot> has a prob (probability) and threshold (% of a monster’s total health that has to be dealt in damage to have a chance of getting the item) tag.
For instance, if I wanted a Health Potion to drop at a 10% chance for dealing 2% of the monster’s health in damage and a Magic Potion to drop at a 100% chance for dealing 20% of the monster’s health in damage, I’d use:

<SoulboundLoot prob=“.1” threshold=“.02”>Health Potion</SoulboundLoot> <SoulboundLoot prob=“1” threshold=“.2”>Magic Potion</SoulboundLoot>

UDL rework